Author Topic: Super Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo/HDR - Feedback  (Read 15641 times)

Re: Super Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo/HDR - Feedback
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
So, if you wanna play HDR regularly (I'm looking at you, Vlade ;) ) add me so we can do this shit. I barely use the computer that has GGPO on it, so booting this shit up just for ST isn't always fun.

Yeah I thought I had you on my list, perhaps not. Alright, added you. Let's play :) and hopefully others too. Yeah I think playing in a lobby is 100% better, mic as well, I prefer it over GGPO any day of the week.

Offline Cabjoy

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 03:47:11 PM »
Since SFxT isn't exciting me as much as I wanted it to, Super Turbo is back on the agenda. Let's go!
Saikyo!!!

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
I'm good whenever, just give me a heads up on IRC when I'm not lurking on GGPO.
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline Alexk

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
Cabjoy, our ping was about 56. Was that not enough for online or was it higher when you asked for a few games?

Edit-

Having lots of fun with this game though. Feels like I'm delving in to things that have been plaguing me in SF4, which feels like I only have one match to test something out, so then I'm too chicken to test it out (because its so slow paced in game and between matches, especially if you're in a party lobby woo -__-).

Can actually learn a proper fireball game now. In SF4 if you guess one wrong fireball you eat a massive combo, which is sort of funny since its supposed to be a nOOb friendly game but you die for making a mistake. Anyway, I've noticed that some people just keep throwing FBs, not as an act of knowing you're not going to jump but just for the sake of doing it. They don't leave gaps, so they're free to jump in on. Though people like Akirace (Don't know if I spelt it right but he is a Korean Ken(?) player) keep throwing them and leave gaps for you to jump in and you get AA'd. Then he starts jumping in and doing whatever he wants. Reminds me of Sildenafl's FB game so its awesome that these quality players are on GGPO.

Oh and some people will jump for all eternity. Beat them a billion games and they keep doing it until it works XD for shame for shame. At least my DPs on 2P side are getting better so I wont be spamming them needlessly much anymore and just leaving them to a right choice and Gief.

I'm really loving what I'm getting from this game. Feels like I can finally focus on RPS! Not delayed tech to bait DPs. My execution and reactions have increased tremendously as well. Love!   :dpf: :p:

Offline jarop

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
I have GGPO again for the first time since '09. If anybody still plays i'm down to actually have the time to learn match-ups
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 08:15:01 AM »
Bro u know I will be on ggpo till its gone. Some people went onto other things but I'll still be in the st lobby.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »
I am usually on most nights. But these days I tend to troll Vette more than I play. But am always up for games.
Your problem is you don't have any rhythm!

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
But these days I tend to troll Vette more than I play.

About time somebody did, vette seems to spend his time trolling just about everybody else and not playing matches.

Offline Peter

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 07:32:02 AM »
Although its hard for me to find time to get on with a young family, I can be found on xboxlive and will play HDR.

Canberra Fighting Game League plays HDR and its been getting fresh new players. We might start running classic mode too, but for the most part I think it will cause confusion amount the new players.

If people are keen on an Xbox HDR and Xbox classic tourney and are willing to travel to Canberra for the event, let me or Vlade know.
Canberra Fighting Game League Tournament Organiser.

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
ggs Alexk, good to see you understood some footsie and spacing so my boxer couldn't go ape on the BOAAAAAARAAAAA.
Stay Gold.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
Learned my skills from SF4....wait....

Yeah I suppose I was doing ok against your boxer but in certain instances I just put out a poke and if you're autopiloting you'll run into it. Though I was auto-piloting when I would eat those headbutts :3

Still don't know how to play that guy though.

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
How often do you guys play HDR on x-box live? I haven't touched my x-box since Shadowloo i primarily play on GGPO, but if there is enough people playing HDR i'll join in.
Your problem is you don't have any rhythm!

Offline Alexk

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »
Oh this is for GGPO. I haven't been able to play peeps offline lately so I dabbled in some online games to keep my mind fresh.

So glad I can finally AA DP properly now. Fools are gonna get DP'd! >:0

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
How often do you guys play HDR on x-box live? I haven't touched my x-box since Shadowloo i primarily play on GGPO, but if there is enough people playing HDR i'll join in.

Hi Igor, I'm on Xbox-live usually everyday after work, so around 5:30PM and onwards, usually playing SSF4, KOF13 or HDR.

#EDIT: Cannot find this gamertag "VerbouseMute "

Xbox: Vladan AU

PS,

Will be on GGPO in the afternoons as well

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 12:48:12 PM »
School holidays = more st
Also, this might be of interest to some of you.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ud-cps2-fully-consolized-capcom-play-system-2.146685/page-5
It's a cps2 based supergun that reads ps3 and 360 sticks with less than one frame of lag.
Stay Gold.