Author Topic: $2 for 2 month of Gold XBOX live membership for people with a silver membership  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Alexk

$2 for 2 months gold when you're on a silver membership available at the dashboard of your xbox for all you poor bastards

1. Its only available from the dash.
2. I think you can only use your credit card...
3. You get put on an auto-renewal crappy thing that is subject to change in price (lulz obviously).
4. To cancel your auto-renewal just go online and follow these directions http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/billing-and-subscriptions/subscription-management/cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription

Be aware though if you put in your credit card details then you'll be set to auto renewal your subscribtion every two months and that price is subject to change. All you have to do is call and cancel it.

Yeah, I've done a similar deal before, it's worth it, but they purposely make you call up to turn off auto renewal in the hope of keeping lazy people at premium rates.

in australia u cant cancel auto renewal online =(
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

Offline TB Rossco

You can cancel Auto renewal online now, by highlighting Support (next to the search box on the right) in the menu and selecting billing and subscriptions.
Paying the toll since '86..

Offline Alexk

You can cancel Auto renewal online now, by highlighting Support (next to the search box on the right) in the menu and selecting billing and subscriptions.

Nawww thats nice of microsoft. Probably 'cause people like me kept asking 'why not?' I'll fix up the first post thanks!

There was something similar a few months back like get 1 month for a $1 or something..you could do it about 5-6 times before it realised and stopped..

it switched my account to monthly after this finished so i was getting charged $10 something a month and didn't even realise..so watch that auto-renewal thing for sure.

anyway, scrapped that and bought a XBL 12month card for $47 bucks. Good value i think..will have to remember the site I got it through if anyones interested.

Offline Alexk

There was something similar a few months back like get 1 month for a $1 or something..you could do it about 5-6 times before it realised and stopped..

it switched my account to monthly after this finished so i was getting charged $10 something a month and didn't even realise..so watch that auto-renewal thing for sure.

anyway, scrapped that and bought a XBL 12month card for $47 bucks. Good value i think..will have to remember the site I got it through if anyones interested.

Yeah I felt the sting of that last year :-[ so I baught a yearly subscription but then that ran out a couple months ago and have been poor.

Gonna wait till the two months is nearly up and cancel the auto renewal and just get a yearly so could I have the site you got yours from?

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline Alexk

Most rad. Thanks Will.

Offline wiki

Rodney Milmoe

Online Game Code: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address

I got mine from Electronic First.

It was 14 months for 31 pounds.

http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-xbox-live-codes/12-2-xbox-live-gold-mw3-avatar-download-code/

Paid via paypal, got the code about 3-4 mins after..very speedy. Screw using the local XBL membership options anymore (80 bucks a year pfft)

Offline wiki

Rodney Milmoe

or you can go to amazon get 12  months for $35 usd

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-Membership-360/dp/B0029LJIFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329981216&sr=1-1

You need a US address, but it isn't that hard to suss one out, and Australian credit cards work fine. Be sure to click "Online Game Code" under format on the initial product page. It worked perfectly for me, Live codes are universal.

Offline CrownB

Shoutouts to you guys. I was delaying buying gold because I couldn't justify spending Australian retail prices at the moment. It's the reason you people haven't seen me around in a while heh

I'll be playing again as soon as I get my code =D