Author Topic: Vergil - Finishing touches  (Read 8520 times)

Re: Vergil - Finishing touches
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
all this passion and dedication, not to mention needless info sharing...

you better win something by the end of this year cunt

real talk
CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
This is marvel, he can lose every match and win one MM and be declared a champion  ;D
I got a lot of anti Vergil tech from playing against the two best ones, but I think I'll keep that to myself consider QLD all going to play Vergil  :P

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
as long as it translates to $ in my pocket i couldnt care even if he tricked some scrub into a mm and lost to all the good players

bonus if he makes shitcunts lose money imo
CEO of ABM. Bringin the HATE since 08 son
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1660/img0546vx.jpg

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
This is marvel, he can lose every match and win one MM and be declared a champion  ;D
I got a lot of anti Vergil tech from playing against the two best ones, but I think I'll keep that to myself consider QLD all going to play Vergil  :P

Actually there are only 2 people in QLD that are playing Vergil, thats Tri and myself :)

@Somniac - stop sandbagging and tell me this anti Vergil Tech so I can beat Toxy with it muhahaha

Offline ArnoldDesu

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
I think this thread needs anti Vergil tech! This character deserves to have 700k health
I may treasure peace, but I am very good at making war.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
I think this thread needs anti Vergil tech! This character deserves to have 700k health

Mate morrigan is a pretty good answer to Vergil and he does not the nerf in health!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 11:09:24 AM »

Mate morrigan is a pretty good answer to Vergil and he does not the nerf in health!

I think virgil with meter beats morrigan pretty clean, virgil without meter would have a bit of a problem though.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline jfizzman

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:02 PM »

I smell the hate.  As for anti vergil tech feel free guys to put your thoughts on how to beat the gunless brother. :o :o ;D ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »
J Fizz do you run Vergil in your team? I don't remember this at OHNX? Or did you just swap to him.

And in regards with the anti vergil tech look for stuff like Helm Breaker. Bait those out if it whiffs its punishable. X-factor cancel it when you see it.

X-factor cancel against block strings.

Offline jfizzman

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 04:14:40 AM »
J Fizz do you run Vergil in your team? I don't remember this at OHNX? Or did you just swap to him.

I used to run him vs zeros and morrigans but not allowed to use him anymore.  Currently under MDR status due to trollage with team toxy (mags instead of hawkeye).  My balls.   :'( :'( :-X ;D :'( :'(

Offline ArnoldDesu

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:57 AM »

I think virgil with meter beats morrigan pretty clean, virgil without meter would have a bit of a problem though.
Very true- Vergil with metre kills everyone even Morrigan sadly. I suppose I could always just xfactor to kill him, then I can keep away forever and ever :) I kid though about the health nerf. Just like I kid when I say a teleport Morrigan.. or do I ^_^
I may treasure peace, but I am very good at making war.

Offline jfizzman

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »
And in regards with the anti vergil tech look for stuff like Helm Breaker. Bait those out if it whiffs its punishable. X-factor cancel it when you see it.

To add on to that if the opponent runs vergil second and the point character doesn't have an effective combat assist for vergil then worth snapping in and taking out the assist first because u don't want to deal with xf2 vergil with good assist, even worse than xf3 vergil.  Too many double mixups that arise because of the xfactor speed boost and the indistinguishable rapid slash due to xfactor aura.

Unfortunately if they run something like mags, vergil, doom where both assists are great with xf2 vergil then u will have to bite the bullet and snap him in if u want the best chance of winning.

Snapping in vergil is risky cause if u don't convert the mixup, u deal with vergil with at least two bars and all assist options available. and thats very bad for u. ;D ;D ;D :P :P ;D ;D   

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:49 AM »

To add on to that if the opponent runs vergil second and the point character doesn't have an effective combat assist for vergil then worth snapping in and taking out the assist first because u don't want to deal with xf2 vergil with good assist, even worse than xf3 vergil.  Too many double mixups that arise because of the xfactor speed boost and the indistinguishable rapid slash due to xfactor aura.

Unfortunately if they run something like mags, vergil, doom where both assists are great with xf2 vergil then u will have to bite the bullet and snap him in if u want the best chance of winning.

Snapping in vergil is risky cause if u don't convert the mixup, u deal with vergil with at least two bars and all assist options available. and thats very bad for u. ;D ;D ;D :P :P ;D ;D   

Bottom line is kill Vergil :)

Offline jfizzman

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 04:30:46 AM »
Bottom line is kill Vergil :)

As long as u don't risk vergil with lvl3 x factor, lvl2 x factor with assist or a greater threat to come eg. dark phoenix or strider ouroboros lvl 3 then by all means kill the sob.  Otherwise u gonna have to make some decisions according to the situation at hand and your team's capabilities/limitations.

Some of the decisions involve and are not limited too:

1. killing vergil
2. snapping in and killing vergil
3. taking out the primary assist
4. eliminating the greater threat before dealing with vergil
5. baiting/forcing opponent to x factor early in match
6. steamrolling through team the old school way
7. running a better team than your opponent and overpower (zero, assist, vergil or zero, vergil, assist comes to mind)
8. random that shid marvel style
9. not versing teams with vergil
10. other strategies not listed above
11. combination of the above
12. quitting marvel

8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

Offline jfizzman

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »
1000 hits, not bad for a combo/strat post :) :D ;D