Author Topic: [SFxT] Getting owned and clueless  (Read 3289 times)

Re: Getting owned and clueless
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:47 AM »
Me im getting owned online i use Juri and Ryu or Juri and Kuma i dont know what im doing wrong also having a problem with online matchs sound problem anyone else have it im starting to get really salty 30 trys 0 wins does that to you.

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:21 AM »
watch the replays and see a) how you are getting hit, and b) if you are dropping your BNB combo's might need more time in training mode. work on tag combo's and maybe a safe way to tag with meter (say, dp, tag) cos the hit stun might keep them there for a bit or at least let you get out your partner

I died a lot with not changing chars because I just don't think of it. haha

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
hey guys i need some help with everything, ive completed the tutorial but still im getting raped online. all im doing all the time is blocking i cant find any openings.

I just played you. You're getting bodied because you don't have the slightest idea what you're doing and you're just pressing buttons or doing random specials. That's ok since it's a brand new game with brand new characters.

Go to training mode with whichever team you've decided to play and learn the best meterless combo you can for each character, a good tag combo with each character on point and a good meter burning combo for each character. Work out which normals are good for AA and for footsies.

The rest is just standard SF. Don't jump, don't mash, and react instead of guessing.
Perth made me do it.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »
Can anyone give me some tips or advice im playing on otakutrends and Featuredcone30

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
and react instead of guessing.

Absolutely. I see too many players guessing with their DPs, rather than actually waiting for the opp to jump. Same goes for hit confirms. Ryus just going to straight into tatsu even though the cr.mk was blocked etc.

Most of the people I've played online have no concept of how fighting games work :( It's like vanilla SF4 all over again lol.

Offline stekoh

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:10 AM »
hey guys i need some help with everything, ive completed the tutorial but still im getting raped online. all im doing all the time is blocking i cant find any openings.

I just played you. You're getting bodied because you don't have the slightest idea what you're doing and you're just pressing buttons or doing random specials. That's ok since it's a brand new game with brand new characters.

Go to training mode with whichever team you've decided to play and learn the best meterless combo you can for each character, a good tag combo with each character on point and a good meter burning combo for each character. Work out which normals are good for AA and for footsies.

The rest is just standard SF. Don't jump, don't mash, and react instead of guessing.

thxx jaunty, the only random spell i do on u or others is ex tornado throw or ex COD or counter for lili? mayb afew wheel kicks, random buttons fmk? cant think of what else i do besides block.
 abel's cl.hp and cr.mk aa is no where as good as SF4 so im not sure, lili's aa is good and im pretty sure i use em well, i do pretty decent combos, usually 300 damage without meter

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 01:49:29 AM »
yeah im getting owned lol had some points lost them all i saw someone from aus had 6500 points already hows that possible?.

Offline Sxio

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:38 AM »
yeah im getting owned lol had some points lost them all i saw someone from aus had 6500 points already hows that possible?.

Lol - on day 1 I fought someone who had almost 2000. He must've been playing for 8hrs straight at least.

Offline hornjo

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Lol - on day 1 I fought someone who had almost 2000. He must've been playing for 8hrs straight at least.

i think the guy with 6500 is xxormightyxx or something like that. On day 1 i played 15 hours straight 4pm-7am :D

Offline HonZoMon

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »
Not like huge BP ranking means much this early, playing online right now is more for the matchup experience. 6k BP probly means Rolento/Kazuya/Hachi from day one  ::)
The road to Saikyo has only just begun.