Author Topic: [SFxT] So how's everyone finding it?  (Read 13755 times)

Offline Deathwish

Re: So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 01:41:30 AM »
At first I had no intention of picking up this game, especially with my strong opinions before its release date with the gem system and how Capcom could possibly make two different fighting game titles work with one being a 2D fighter using a 6 button layout and the other a 3D fighter using a 4 button layout. I have played both titles before (last being AE2012 and Tekken 4) and just felt that this game would turn out trash. However, I'm glad I gave it a shot cos it turned out to be a really fun game. The mechanics of the game really do feel like SFIV and I must admit this game does have a bit of a dodgy look to it here and there. Obvious things like graphics, poor sound, glitches all over the joint and rigid feel at times while comboing are to name a few of those. Definitely rush release by Capcom but unlike MVC3 which was also released early, that game turned out pretty damn good compared to this. Nonetheless, I'm gonna keep playing it. The netcode isn't too bad but hopefully they fix up all the whack shit soon. Yes, that also means and includes you Rotardo. Who creates a character and gives him safe recovery after rekkas!? Frame traps for days as well but one day... I hope :P

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »
I also HATE the cartoony visuals. The amount of BS in the backgrounds is ridiculous and off putting. I much prefer the design of SF4 where it's at least a little bit more serious. Where's the green highway level? Where's the back alley? Cool looking backgrounds that don't have too much craziness happening in them.

It's still the same artstyle as SFIV, just more busy. Not like SFIV is more busy than games before it... I mean to make it as "loaded" as your examples.. compare SFIV Korea to

And I don't know why, but when the first round is over, and the losing team stands up and jumps down to the next level, I think that looks so stupid. It's like the designers said "another game did this so we will too". I just don't see the point.

It's really too hard to press a button?

Plus the copious amounts of DLC coming. I can understand them charging for new costumes. Kinda. But only giving me 4 preset colours in the customisation menu? Seriously? They're going to charge for colours now?  That's just too much for me. If you can give me 4 colours for free, you can give me unlimited colours. They've actively set it up this way so they can charge for the feature. Well after paying for 2 or 3 costume packs for SF4 (on PS3, so they do NOT work on my PC), I'm done with capcom DLC. You just don't see enough return for your dough.

Nah colors are free, they're using them as a trojan horse to get people into the store. Expect more colors when the first DLC is up.

Street Fighter 2 HD, Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter 4, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and now Street Fighter X Tekken. And soon Darkstalkers. And of course, Super Street Fighter X Tekken. These are all from the same company! Capcom have learned NOTHING from what happened years ago, and are flooding the market.

SF2HD, MVC2 & SF3:3SOE are completely irrelevant in regards to flooding the market, would have as much impact as KOF12. (none) Lets assume we get Darkstalkers 4 Feb/March 2014.. that would make SFIV, MVC3, SFxTK & Darkstalkers IV the only Capcom released games (with respective updates) over a 5 year period. TvC? What's that? (lol) That's not flooding the market, should Capcom have just released SFIV and let people who don't enjoy it suffer with it?

The fighting game crash (which didn't effect 3D fighting games...) had a lot of factors, a shitload of games (way more than now) the death of arcades and way more complex systems, compare Garou and 3S to SF2. The fighting game crash happened because of the above reasons and casual players were driven away and went to 3D titles like Tekken, Soul Blade/Calibur and Dead or Alive.

SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

AtomicX

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 02:25:38 AM »
I'm having fun so far. Breath of fresh air no derp derp abusive come back mechanic to deal with.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:27 AM »
My main suggestions are to make supers, pandora and cross assault all freeze the clock until they're finished. Because comebacks in the this game are extremely difficult due to rolls and the uselessness of throws. If you have a significant life lead with 30 seconds left, you can easily just run away. With 15-20 seconds left you've more or less already won and with 10 seconds left you've definitely already won.

Offline ezmonies

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:45 AM »
I am also liking the game, although i havent been playing much online mainly versus. I think if they would fix the online glitches, infinites and so on everyone would enjoy this game alot more. It's still too early to tell how this game will end up but i'm in for the ride :P

Offline TheMuso

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.themuso.com
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
I'm liking the game a lot, but sound glitches when online put me off my gameplay, I need that damn sound to help with hits/blocks etc.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
My main suggestions are to make supers, pandora and cross assault all freeze the clock until they're finished. Because comebacks in the this game are extremely difficult due to rolls and the uselessness of throws. If you have a significant life lead with 30 seconds left, you can easily just run away. With 15-20 seconds left you've more or less already won and with 10 seconds left you've definitely already won.
Then people would complain that the game would take longer than it already does.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »
Ehhh, I've been trying to get into it but I just don't think I'll end up enjoying this game. The bloated amount of features it has (number 1 offender being the gems) and just overall I really don't like it very much. There are moments in player matches where I'm having fun, but for every moment of that I find myself thinking "Fuck this game" most of the other time. Part of it is because I don't have much clue about what to do, granted, but I just find it hard to want to learn the game more at this stage.

I think overall it just feels like they can't decide what the wanted the game to be. Is it meant to be wild and over the top like Marvel (magic series, cross assaults etc) or a slower more calculated game like SF (dependance on links, no air blocks etc). I dunno, it seems to land somewhere in the middle for me and it doesn't really capture anything I like from either end of the spectrum. 

At the end of the day a big part of it is also that I like MvC3 and KOFXIII better (though i'm hot garbage at KOFXIII) and with VF5FS coming just around the corner... I don't think I'll be sticking with SFxT.

Offline PrinceDelight

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »
Eh, it's okay, but I don't really think it's worth my time.

I think I'll just keep playing AE and then pick up P4U when that drops.

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 12:01:39 AM »
the only problem is with the timeouts. atm, i get way more timeout in this game, 2 health bars too hard to take down. surely it will change soon.
Cherish the knockdown. Stop the fimble.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 12:20:30 AM »
I think gems have something to do with that. I've been using all damage+ gems and found timeouts are happening far less often.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 09:08:07 AM »
finding it harder to play drunk than ssf4 which is a downside for me

Offline Crazy FreeRider

So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
^^^
Haha I have the same problem!

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2012, 09:16:12 AM »
Same thing happens when most games get released.

People don't like it because it's different to their old game, but after a good 6 months people start to understand the engine and decide whether it's good or not.

Haven't played it yet, looks like AE with a better combo system to me but I'll have to reserve judgement until my copy comes.
Stop sandbagging.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
It's a huge departure from AE. The minute you first play you'll get the feeling it's a completely different game.

I find it to be exactly what it says on the tin, a hybrid of SF and Tekken in a 2d setting, except with a bunch of peripherals attached like gems, pandora and the hilarious scramble mode.