Author Topic: [SFxT] So how's everyone finding it?  (Read 14074 times)

Re: So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »
Yeah, it's not like AE at all. Especially as AE became about hard knockdown into option select hell, the rolls of this game take care of the problem.

Damage is much higher, but because you have so much life as a team, timeouts are really common at this stage.

Gems seem like a big waste of everyones time.

Not liking how many infinites have been discovered already, the combo system may be broke from the ground up.

Game seems to be about landing a clean hit into big combo.
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
Yeah the regenerating health thing is kinda weird, you take someone down to 1/10th and they switch, take that guy down half and the other guy is back at like 1/4 again ! gems help a bit but yeah, not sure they needed that or what it adds.

I guess just to stop your charecter from dying in one hit after tagging in raw ? hmm.

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »
Yeah, it's not like AE at all. Especially as AE became about hard knockdown into option select hell, the rolls of this game take care of the problem.

Damage is much higher, but because you have so much life as a team, timeouts are really common at this stage.

Gems seem like a big waste of everyones time.

Not liking how many infinites have been discovered already, the combo system may be broke from the ground up.

Game seems to be about landing a clean hit into big combo.

I'm a bit torn on the rolls . SF4 got too about knockdown, wakeup guessing games INMHO but the rolls seems to take that keeping pressure on out of the game a bit

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
you can still do an ambiguous cross-up if you think they will roll however.

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »
this game is a mess.
its like yono's shit and vomit mixed and blended until its ready for mass production.
theres alot of controversy around with this game and also there are 4 infinites in the first 2 weeks.
i don't mind infinites, but these are lol...
game play is ok(can be both fun and boring at times), net code seems pretty decent aswell.
but xbox users got screwed hard, extra characters, analog stick glitch, no online co-op lol.
i pray to god darkstalkers 4 is not on this engine, waaaay to much glitches already.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
I don't play the game yet (PC gamer), but I've been watching some matches on Youtube and I have to ask: do you guys find the game's audio irritating? I find the music tacky and the 'bling bling ching ching' of the gems very annoying.

The characters also flash and change colour too often for my liking. Maybe I'm just old...

Can you turn the gem sound effects off?

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
This game is a poor mans KoF.

Characters have massive amounts of safe moves, risk is pretty much gone from this game and you have 5 safe pokes & options inc risk-free-mixups.

Combo's are neat-ish.. But the fact that I can see 25+ seconds on the clock and I have 1 person who hasn't been tagged in yet. I can run (really easily) away from 75% of the cast and timeout on life lead. (in 10 seconds actual time which equates to 25 seconds on their clock)

None of this game is presenting itself as "well thought out"

This game is what it is. Salvaged from a disaster. But nothing close to the standard of a released title. Capcom rushed themselves into this; people may have fun with this game but I don't see a lot of players staying long enough to play the characters, that are supposed to be exclusive to launch for the Vita version.

Capcom has also proven it doesn't understand how to achieve its goals of "making a game more beginner friendly"

Auto combo? Who the hell needs that when there's TC's into 40% damage.

Intro trials to the game fail to educate any sort of player how a fighting game works and the character specific trials once again include impractical combos that have no merit in the actual game.

Looking at this piece of ass compared to KoFXIII. I never thought I would see the day when I was without hesitation that SNK had produced a better fighting game.

Also, not understanding DRM is so stupid. "we'll time release customization colours and not allow you any freedom in your customization until like 3 months in." GG to all the monochrome characters online that looks like a '50's black face exhibition'.

CVS2 and KoF titles had colour edit mode, was easy as all hell to create something awesome. Considering Capcom already had that tech in house. It amazes me that they thought this option was better.

GG on the colossal ass-hattery that is SFxTK, At least the engine is salvaged for some folks to enjoy their time with it. If the engine wasn't salvaged, this would have been a massive blow to competitive fighting games. I still think it will be, but at least Capcom applied some bandages to the wound.

Can we get back to UMVC3, SSF4 and KoFXIII now please. Also VF5:FS coming out in 4 months with a training room option that is being lauded as "better than VF4:EVO".

At least other companies are understanding how to treat the player base with actual well thought out options.

Namco? Seriously. Good luck with producing TTT2"Unlimited" Tekken 7 and Tekken X Street Fighter all at once. I'm sure these titles will all meet the sub-par standards that you have managed in the past 5 years with your titles. Thanks for getting Street Fighter involved in your mess.

I really have a hard time hiding my disgust here. Sorry Guys.

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »
Oh, and this. Lets create an in game feature; that will be the core aspect of the story & the promotional campaigns. Then let's make it the most un-necessary useless piece of shit ever seen in a fighting game.

3 seconds to activate, 8 seconds of time. With a clock that counts down faster than any fighting game ever seen.

Then make sure that all the damaging options needed, take 10+ seconds of time. Just to make it completely superfluous.

Damage takes forever to do, forever to set up and there's a clock that is insanely fast.

Fix that clock and give pandora like "20 seconds" of time so it's actually usable and able to provide actual fear in the opponent. Then maybe there's something to do with your pillar of product design.

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »
i pray to god darkstalkers 4 is not on this engine, waaaay to much glitches already.

It will be based on the SFxT engine. lol
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline BeefyGoodness

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

It will be based on the SFxT engine. lol

Insert family feud fail noise :(

The game is at best average.  What has been most upsetting has been the sudden drop in the existing communities of AE and Marvel that have grown and developed (at least from a stream monstering point of view) to cater for this release.

It seems Capcom have just bought hype by blackmailing (give them a negative review and don't get any more work) reviewers and paying for a highly visible reality-esque web show.  The fact that this game hasn't had to work for a scene based on its merits is highly disappointing to me.

The message this sends to Capcom is that money spent on a quality product isn't as important as PR and BS'ing your way into bigger sales and exposure.

Sadly this means that games that have had an appropriate level of effort and forethought put into them won't be treated fairly (I really hope skull girls gets its time in the spotlight for this reason, but i'm not holding my breath).
Always cheap.

CPS2

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »
waaaay to much glitches already.
I think part of that, is that this is the first iteration of the game, and the community's had a lot of practice now at finding stuff and sharing it around. Look at desk and error1's "vanilla was awesome" video, a very late stage SF4 video showing how characters spaz out when you interrupt ultras, unblockables, and plenty of other glitches. MvC3 had a tonne of glitches as well. There's no reason to think there won't be a patch, especially with the other characters on the way.

I don't really care how it stacks up as a tournament/competitive game, but as it is now, there's a lot of stuff that needs to be considered by organisers. It still looks fun but i don't think it'll be a good competitive game until some changes are made.

GirlsDigMyScore

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
Fuck this game. I bought it only to find out it's a pile of steaming dogshit. Everyone on my XBL friends list was playing this pile of dung for a week instead of SSF4 so I figured it must be good. Anyone still playing this pile of dung is a guy who plays piles of dung.

GirlsDigMyScore

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »
Unless you're a woman*

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Donít want to be too obvious here but, guys Capcom got what they wanted out of us. We all purchased the game right? And even if you didnít your friend did so they win in the long run. The funny thing is I donít know how I feel about the game. At times it seems like fun but I have a really hard time playing it. Maybe I need to play some proper offline games where the sound isnít glitching out.

I must say that I am quite disappointed at all the bugs (not infinites) like the no two players vs. internet mode on the 360. The sound issues with the netcode is really disturbing, for the rest just watch desks videos. One of my pet hates is the shitty button config screen, I mean sure itís nice to be able to configure buttons at the player select screen but why canít we push button that we want to assign, they did it in HDR and 3SOL so why the fuck wasnít it done in this game?

The little things are what really displeases me because it shows that Capcom is not really paying attention to what the community is saying. They pretend to by having Seth go around and whore games out but all the feedback seems to fall on deaf ears. By the way I have spoken to Seth and he is a really nice guy and I am not trying to take a shot at him but to me he seems to be more of a puppet to reassure the community.
Your problem is you don't have any rhythm!

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
The games fun and I prefer to play it over other fighting games at the moment. Introduces a system quite reliant on making good reads, while there are mashing people out there if you have your combos down you can make one good read and essentially kill someone or very close to kill someone.
People can't sit back and not press anything anymore, there seems to be counters to everything and even a throw seems to hurt more than you'd think.

I don't mind a glitchy game, I was around before SF4 to see all the other shit that went on (and still went on in vanilla anyway). People just too pampered these days with all the iterations of SF4 - effectively the multiple ironing out of the system.

Time outs in SFxT never really feel intentional, and come backs are very hard earned, so it's good to see a game without a comeback mechanic that isn't stupidly high execution barrier such as KOF.

Oh and by the way, the only thing the system shares in common with SF4 is the fact you have ex/super and footsies. The actual gameplay and flow in SFxT is completely different. If you play it like you're playing SF4 I wouldn't expect you to do very well later on down the track.