Author Topic: [SFxT] So how's everyone finding it?  (Read 13980 times)

Offline ezmonies

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
This game is horrible ONLINE i seem to have problems linking combos without the sound but put that aside and the game is great offline lucky i have someone to vs offline haha when they fix the sound glitch it will be MUCH better, i barely play online cause i hate the sound cutting out so much

Meeks

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:05 AM »
Visuals are horrendous.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 12:47:47 AM »
This game is a poor mans KoF.

Characters have massive amounts of safe moves, risk is pretty much gone from this game and you have 5 safe pokes & options inc risk-free-mixups.

Combo's are neat-ish.. But the fact that I can see 25+ seconds on the clock and I have 1 person who hasn't been tagged in yet. I can run (really easily) away from 75% of the cast and timeout on life lead. (in 10 seconds actual time which equates to 25 seconds on their clock)

None of this game is presenting itself as "well thought out"

This game is what it is. Salvaged from a disaster. But nothing close to the standard of a released title. Capcom rushed themselves into this; people may have fun with this game but I don't see a lot of players staying long enough to play the characters, that are supposed to be exclusive to launch for the Vita version.

Capcom has also proven it doesn't understand how to achieve its goals of "making a game more beginner friendly"

Auto combo? Who the hell needs that when there's TC's into 40% damage.

Intro trials to the game fail to educate any sort of player how a fighting game works and the character specific trials once again include impractical combos that have no merit in the actual game.

Looking at this piece of ass compared to KoFXIII. I never thought I would see the day when I was without hesitation that SNK had produced a better fighting game.

Also, not understanding DRM is so stupid. "we'll time release customization colours and not allow you any freedom in your customization until like 3 months in." GG to all the monochrome characters online that looks like a '50's black face exhibition'.

CVS2 and KoF titles had colour edit mode, was easy as all hell to create something awesome. Considering Capcom already had that tech in house. It amazes me that they thought this option was better.

GG on the colossal ass-hattery that is SFxTK, At least the engine is salvaged for some folks to enjoy their time with it. If the engine wasn't salvaged, this would have been a massive blow to competitive fighting games. I still think it will be, but at least Capcom applied some bandages to the wound.

Can we get back to UMVC3, SSF4 and KoFXIII now please. Also VF5:FS coming out in 4 months with a training room option that is being lauded as "better than VF4:EVO".

At least other companies are understanding how to treat the player base with actual well thought out options.

Namco? Seriously. Good luck with producing TTT2"Unlimited" Tekken 7 and Tekken X Street Fighter all at once. I'm sure these titles will all meet the sub-par standards that you have managed in the past 5 years with your titles. Thanks for getting Street Fighter involved in your mess.

I really have a hard time hiding my disgust here. Sorry Guys.

u mad? lol jk.

I've said it a few times but the gems are part of the reason timeouts are so easy in this game, IMO. If you equip 3 damage bonus gems you might find finishing your opp with 10 seconds left is actually possible. Since I've been playing with the gems I've been finding timeouts don't happen half as much.

If pandora were useful it would ruin the game, IMO. I'm just confused as to why it's there at all. I think in rare cases where you can combo into it, it may be useful, but is it worth those rare cases I don't know.

Edit: I'm fully in agreement with Somniac's comments but I have one gripe about this game which is that in terms of execution it is way too easy. Having said that I'm glad gameplay like Viper's doesn't exist, even though she had a high execution barrier, in terms of strategy you could play brainlessly with her in SF4, this whole game's a bit like the opposite of that. There's no free openings but once you get an opening it's piss easy to capitalise.

Anyone else notice that one of the theme songs sounds like an instrumental version of this?

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 05:30:14 AM »
The little things are what really displeases me because it shows that Capcom is not really paying attention to what the community is saying. They pretend to by having Seth go around and whore games out but all the feedback seems to fall on deaf ears. By the way I have spoken to Seth and he is a really nice guy and I am not trying to take a shot at him but to me he seems to be more of a puppet to reassure the community.

<33333333

Quote from: Seth Killian
Hot on the heels of its March 6 release date, SFxT is about to kick off regular updates meant to keep the experience fresh all through the year with a blend of free and paid DLC. There’s a whole bunch o’ content coming, so let’s break it all down

FREE
Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/16/seth-killian-promises-news-from-capcom-regarding-street-fighter-x-tekkens-dlc-and-future-patches/

o___O

</3333333
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »
For me we've got the core of a very good game surrounded by bad ideas -

Gems
Auto-combos
Handling of DLC
Clock is too fast
Pandora borders on totally useless

It feels like Capcom have decided to take what usually ships with fighting games and turn it into a platform for nickle and diming us.

For those that were around during the 1990s, for me the vibe is starting to get very, very similar.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »
Gems - all free
Auto-combos - all free (as if anyone would buy them)
Handling of DLC - 1USD for individual alt costumes and 20USD for all extra characters sounds like a really good deal to me.
Clock is too fast - use better gems (I've said this too many times now, they're essential to the gameplay)
Pandora borders on totally useless - agreed. Why is this mode even in the game? Ono or someone insisted on some BS like that, I bet, and the devs did the best they could.

I was around for the SF2 days, I don't remember much of a difference, I just ended up putting the same amount of coins in different machines lol, but as someone who was around in the old school days, my impression is that we're being spoiled these days.

Offline Somniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
Clock isn't fast, it's the way people are approaching the game at the moment. People aren't doing nearly the best combos, and they're trying to zone like it's SF4 so the clock is running down.
If you look at MVC3, timeouts were real common during the first couple of weeks.

When people accept that actions need to be taken before the time reaches a certain point, the game speed in general increases. In SFxT if you haven't done considerable damage before the timer reaches 15-10 seconds, it's nearly certain that you've lost. So people who are getting non-stop timeouts just don't recognize that they need to put themselves at risk or 100% lose.

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
SFxT patches and DLC details.

This sounds very promising. I think we all knew they'd patch the infinites and glitches (as demonstrated with great patch support fort SF4 and MvC3, not to mention patches done for XBL/PSN games like HDR, 3SO, etc). I still think it's really dumb of them to release a "bad" gems interface and then update with a "good" interface after release but I've come to accept that "efficiency" is a dirty word at Capcom Japan. Maybe that'll change if other companies get rewarded for doing it better.

I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen this new gem selection method, but I'm very pleased they've applied common sense and abandoned the silly "USB stick" idea.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
Clock isn't fast, it's the way people are approaching the game at the moment. People aren't doing nearly the best combos, and they're trying to zone like it's SF4 so the clock is running down.
If you look at MVC3, timeouts were real common during the first couple of weeks.

When people accept that actions need to be taken before the time reaches a certain point, the game speed in general increases. In SFxT if you haven't done considerable damage before the timer reaches 15-10 seconds, it's nearly certain that you've lost. So people who are getting non-stop timeouts just don't recognize that they need to put themselves at risk or 100% lose.

Keep away can be very effective in certain match ups.

Meeks

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »
Is winning by timeout not a viable strategy anymore?

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
I think it's just the fact that SF x T is juts plain horrible to play online, the lagginess is barely better than 3S:OE. Especially given that the technical aspect of the game requires precise footsies and hit confirming, having laggy moments is just too annoying.

I just hope to play this game offline sometime to have a better understanding.
Diablo 3 - The SF x T of Blizzard

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
I think it's just the fact that SF x T is juts plain horrible to play online, the lagginess is barely better than 3S:OE. Especially given that the technical aspect of the game requires precise footsies and hit confirming, having laggy moments is just too annoying.

I just hope to play this game offline sometime to have a better understanding.

I think that the sound cuts makes the lag feel worse than it is because for all the game's faults, I thought the online was pretty good. It's not perfect, but I think the sound going funny makes it all the more noticable whenever there is a hitch.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
I think the lack of timing requirements in the game makes the barely passable netcode seem better than it is lol.

Is winning by timeout not a viable strategy anymore?

Of course it's viable, that's the problem! You mean respectable? It's never been respectable in my world, I think Maximillian put it best recently by calling it "legit but totally assy."

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2012, 04:12:24 PM »
I think the lack of timing requirements in the game makes the barely passable netcode seem better than it is lol.

Good point.

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »
Wake-Up SRK podcast discussion gems and other relevant topics for SFxT.

This podcast is by far the best discussion about gems and the tournament viability of SFxT I've found on the internet so far. I highly recommend it to anyone that's interested in the subject of gems in tournaments as well as the general subject of SFxT's viability as a tournament game.

Some of the comments (e.g. "pay to win") might be outdated following Capcom's DLC announcement but they're still interesting IMO. One of the four people on the show puts forth some views I strongly disagree with but that just adds to the flavour. ;)