Author Topic: [SFxT] So how's everyone finding it?  (Read 14069 times)

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2012, 07:20:39 AM »
This is nothing to do with SxT but more about the games in general. How about some FREE FUCKING DLC? Why do I have to pay for all the custumes? This pisses me off. The game companies should work a deal with Xbox (xbox membership cost increase slightly, xbox pays game company x amount depending on how much their game gets played online - or is keeping players renewing membership, or whatever)

I really doubt that the costumes come out after the fucking release date, they will have everything sitting there packaged and pretty just waiting and drip feed you content that you have to pay for which could have easily been on the fucking disk, I mean people are spewing out nearly $100 for these and shouldn't be getting any less than 100% of the game. So either GAMES SHOULD BE CHEAPER or ADDITIONAL CONTENT SHOULD BE FREE. This RRP is $60 US and I went to GAME to buy this and they tried to charge me $98 or something stupid, I walked 10 meters to JB and got it for $78, still at least $18 more than Americans. Why do we have to pay more than anyone else? If you have a US steam account on PC you get games cheaper than if you have an Australian account. Why the fuck do we constantly get shafted when purchasing games?

We earn a lot more in Australia than they do in America on average. Plus our taxes go to things like medicare which they don't have in America.

I'm alright with paying a little more for games than Americans, knowing that we've currently got a better economy here.

Free DLC? It would be nice but I wouldn't expect it. I do think everyone - not just us - gets overcharged for DLC like alt costumes though. As for the DLC being on the disc, I don't see why it's even a problem at all. So they put the content on the disc, that doesn't mean you've already paid for it. If anything it's the reason they were able to give us 12 new characters at an unprecedentedly low price. AFAIK no other company has ever charged so little for that many extra characters in a fighting game. Could they have given us all the characters and alt costumes for the price we already paid for the disc and still made a profit? Possibly, but I know if it were my decision from a business perspective I'd probably do exactly what they did.

Offline BeefyGoodness

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
Why the fuck do we constantly get shafted when purchasing games?

We earn a lot more in Australia than they do in America on average. Plus our taxes go to things like medicare which they don't have in America.

I'm alright with paying a little more for games than Americans, knowing that we've currently got a better economy here.

Free DLC? It would be nice but I wouldn't expect it. I do think everyone - not just us - gets overcharged for DLC like alt costumes though. As for the DLC being on the disc, I don't see why it's even a problem at all. So they put the content on the disc, that doesn't mean you've already paid for it. If anything it's the reason they were able to give us 12 new characters at an unprecedentedly low price. AFAIK no other company has ever charged so little for that many extra characters in a fighting game. Could they have given us all the characters and alt costumes for the price we already paid for the disc and still made a profit? Possibly, but I know if it were my decision from a business perspective I'd probably do exactly what they did.

Its called 'regionalisation' and its just an excuse for retailers etc to gouge markets that have been trained to expect to pay more.  The change in the actual markets (aussie dollar being at parity or better) hasn't come through even a year later.  Its not fair and rather than bring things to parity efforts are being made to lock the regionalisation down and enforce.
Always cheap.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
The primary reason for the price hike in Australia for software, music, movies, etc is due to the practise of 'Parallel Import' combined with a bit of old fashioned greed.

You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_import

The main aspect of this that affects us is because we are in a different trade region, the distributors are free to set prices of their choosing. In this case, software and so on is almost doubled.

Its a shitty, shitty practise and the only reason it exists is because people support it. How? Buy buying software and music from Australian retailers. The only way to send a message that this is a vile policy is to either refuse to buy the products jacked in price outright, buy 'em online (the best option), or, well, the third option ought to be pretty obvious.

The Steam pricing thing is horrific. The best approach here is to get a buddy who holds an American Steam account to buy your software and then 'gift' it to you on Steam. You can then Paypal them the cash. I figure this sends much the same message, albeit one perhaps not heard in Australia.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
The bloated pricing is a real pain, but it's (very) slowly changing. For example there isn't a $119 RRP anymore for PS360 games (I think COD is the only one to release at that price now), and most new releases are moving down from $109 titles to $99 or even $89.

It'll be interesting to see if the trend continues, there's been a lot of publicity in the news with Harvey Norman doing his import site and whatnot so it's getting harder to ignore it.

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
The bloated pricing is a real pain, but it's (very) slowly changing. For example there isn't a $119 RRP anymore for PS360 games (I think COD is the only one to release at that price now), and most new releases are moving down from $109 titles to $99 or even $89.

It'll be interesting to see if the trend continues, there's been a lot of publicity in the news with Harvey Norman doing his import site and whatnot so it's getting harder to ignore it.

I realise we don't have price parity with the states, but even so I find it difficult to criticise the price of video games, which has not changed in 20 years. I remember Caeser's Palace was $109 on Megadrive.  The only other good I can think of that has not gradually tripled in price over the last 2 decades is weed.

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
The games fun and I prefer to play it over other fighting games at the moment. Introduces a system quite reliant on making good reads, while there are mashing people out there if you have your combos down you can make one good read and essentially kill someone or very close to kill someone.
People can't sit back and not press anything anymore, there seems to be counters to everything and even a throw seems to hurt more than you'd think.

I don't mind a glitchy game, I was around before SF4 to see all the other shit that went on (and still went on in vanilla anyway). People just too pampered these days with all the iterations of SF4 - effectively the multiple ironing out of the system.

Time outs in SFxT never really feel intentional, and come backs are very hard earned, so it's good to see a game without a comeback mechanic that isn't stupidly high execution barrier such as KOF.

Oh and by the way, the only thing the system shares in common with SF4 is the fact you have ex/super and footsies. The actual gameplay and flow in SFxT is completely different. If you play it like you're playing SF4 I wouldn't expect you to do very well later on down the track.

I agree with you on all the points. One thing I did notice while I was playing Bugs over the weekend was that if you get hit by the team super (cross assault?) it takes about 15 seconds off the clock. I think this is one of the contributing reasons why we get so many time outs. The clock doesn’t stop during any cinematics and some of them can go for quite a while. Also the clock seems to be closer to Super Turbo clock speed rather than SF4 while the characters walk speeds seem to be closer to SF4. But anyway I think the timeouts are part of any fighting game and this one is no different. People should just keep it in mind more so in this one.
Your problem is you don't have any rhythm!

findlay_stuart

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
Had my first proper online play this morning. Didn't really play anyone that seemed good but some things I've noticed....

A) Every ones shitting themselves about getting hit from an ABC combo
B) Everything SF taught us not to do seems to work in this game
C) Throw range is terrible so your safe in the knowledge that blocking and doing nothing for 15 seconds is probably the correct play
D) Clock runs on cinematic
E) Why wouldn't I run away for a time out, its easy. 
F) You can roll your ass out of pressure on a Knock down.
G) Alpha counters are insanely easy to do.
H) EX moves and Supers are getting beat by your run of the mill mashing of normals (which everyones doing to build meter)
I) I can't get a feel for spacing, hit boxes are either deceptively awesome or deceptively shit - having nothing to do with the animation.
J) Jumping is good.
K) Jumping with a normal is better still. 
L) If you don't have an AA it's going to be difficult.
M) Hit confirming with out sound is like looking at the screen through a magnifying glass.

Apart from that the net code seems solid on a 1 v 1, probably better if not the same as SF4.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2012, 07:38:38 PM »
I found it as a hacked version of SF4. It doesn't feel like anything new and I don't care for any of the characters.

I dont understand why Capcom have put an emphasis on using jump attacks and pokes/counter hits/spacing at the same time. Meaning jump ins are ridiculously good and just seem to dumb down the game.

Visuals are fucking awful as well. Its so bright with pretty neon colours and lightning strikes and magma. Blah!

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
I don't really have any problem AAing most jump ins. Haven't figured out Heihachi's yet, his comes in at a weird angle and crosses up when it really looks like it won't, Ken's a bitch with the air tatsu, but otherwise people who jump get countered/DPed/jabbed. I think a lot of you guys saying jumping's too good in this game need to up your game is all.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »
I don't really have any problem AAing most jump ins. Haven't figured out Heihachi's yet, his comes in at a weird angle and crosses up when it really looks like it won't, Ken's a bitch with the air tatsu, but otherwise people who jump get countered/DPed/jabbed. I think a lot of you guys saying jumping's too good in this game need to up your game is all.

I went 20 straight in ranked today including a perfect jumping around like a loon. My first day online.

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »
I found it as a hacked version...

Koryu Edition with Tekken characters!
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:19 PM »

I went 20 straight in ranked today including a perfect jumping around like a loon. My first day online.

Yeah, the vast majority of players online are terrible, so you can get away with guff like that. Won't work on me though :).

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
I don't mind a glitchy game, I was around before SF4 to see all the other shit that went on (and still went on in vanilla anyway). People just too pampered these days with all the iterations of SF4 - effectively the multiple ironing out of the system.

It's just like WoW, new MMO comes out @ launch and somehow has to have no bugs, glitches and have as much content as a 5+ years old game, otherwise it sucks ass and is crap. No fresh MMO can live up to those expectations, WoW at launch didn't either. Poor Guild Wars 2... such high expectations... and WoW fanboys will shit on it if it isn't as good as a 7 year old WoW with 4 expansions, even if it's 10x the game Wow was @ launch.

This game is a poor mans KoF.

I wish everyone who is too busy slobbering over KOFXIIIs cock (hi srk) would mention that XII was a beta for it and fucking ass @ that.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »
KOF13's a really good game though lol. Best fighter around at the moment, IMO. Too bad no one plays it.

My only gripe about it is the opposite of my gripe about SFxT: it's really, really hard lol.

CPS2

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2012, 11:44:55 PM »
I wish everyone who is too busy slobbering over KOFXIIIs cock (hi srk) would mention that XII was a beta for it and fucking ass @ that.
LOL this is true. I don't even think KoFXII is a bad game, just not finished by a long shot. I picked up the Korean (English) version for about $30 anyway. Same thing with Capcom Fighting Jam, if it had an update or sequel it would've been amazing.

Best thing about the first iterations though, they have all the insane shit! By the time a game gets "refined," they've likely taken out all your favourite combos, all the interesting glitches, and everything is just known, there's nothing new to see or figure out. That's when people artifically make it about player vs player and community drama, and the scumbag side of fighting games emerges. Altho somehow SFxTK had all of that before anything was even known about the game  :P