Author Topic: [SFxT] So how's everyone finding it?  (Read 14254 times)

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: So how's everyone finding it?
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »
That's when people artifically make it about player vs player and community drama, and the scumbag side of fighting games emerges. Altho somehow SFxTK had all of that before anything was even known about the game  :P

LOL! Nice obersation :).

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »
KOF13's a really good game though lol. Best fighter around at the moment, IMO. Too bad no one plays it.

My only gripe about it is the opposite of my gripe about SFxT: it's really, really hard lol.

Oh I definitely agree that KOFXIII is great, doesn't change that XII sucked ass, what a turnaround that was. I'm just pointing out how funny it is that some people "championing" KOFXIII are acting like Capcom can't improve SfXTK and that XII wasn't ass. It took SNK 2 goes to put out something as great as KOFXIII.... and if Capcom get it right the second time at least I won't have to buy another fucking disc.

I don't know why people forget that first versions of fighting games are generally much improved with the second one, KOF XII > KOFXIII, Alpha > Alpha 2, CVS > CVS2 etc.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:25 PM »
I agree with that. Only two exceptions I can think of are SFA2>SFA3 and SSF4>SSF4: AE.

And yeah, SFxT >>>>>> KOF12 lol.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
I don't recall having too much difficulty AAing when I played for the first time. I trade DP'd a fair bit with Ryu, which is fine. As long as I get the trade. Though when I used Rufus and tried out his far and close s.hp AA its like you have to be super fast to smack them out of the air, otherwise you eat a phat combo.

So yeah, use the right AA and you're fine but some that worked in SF4 don't seem like they work the same now, which is ok since its a 'different' game but still kinda strange :s

Also in SFxT, there is the addition of counter hits when you go air to air making it more tantilising to use your jumps.

Lastly, the game is slow paced. Sure you've got timeouts happening all the time but it doesn't make the character move faster. The stand jab thing is lame too. It just doesn't feel like an interesting aspect within the game to take damage.

findlay_stuart

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 12:54:17 AM »
I think if it had a combination of the SFxtekken tag and combo system, with the crispness and footsie's of SF4, it'd be the best fighter by miles.

I'm almost stuck in limbo now, SF feels a little underwhelming when you stick it back on , yet SFxtekken feels too loose to be taken seriously.

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:45 AM »
Psn ranked is no fun.... ran into 4 different guile + other, with defense and assist gems... one after the other.... this is ridiculous... they were all over 2000bp.

I Mad.

Offline EXC355UM

• Event Organisers
  • It's what I do...
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gamerhold.com
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 03:11:28 AM »
I'm digging it, though Vs'ing Sol makes you hate everything.
I also created this!  :p:

findlay_stuart

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
Gona give this one more week then bin it probably. After tonight playing some better people, I dunno, everything seems just wrong. I can't even explain it. Knockdown is a lottery for both players, some characters have EX reversals (mashed) that lead to 400 damage, jumping over stuff is THE play.

Just seems to go against everything I know about fighters.

It's a pity because I wanted to like it. I'm not sure if the disjointed sound is having a larger negative effect than it should. Maybe I should knuckle down and figure shit out, I'm just not sure if I have the time to learn another game.  :-\

Offline Alexk

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2012, 07:58:05 AM »
Psn ranked is no fun.... ran into 4 different guile + other, with defense and assist gems... one after the other.... this is ridiculous... they were all over 2000bp.

I Mad.

lol Nearly sealed the deal to not buy this game :p

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
I don't recall having too much difficulty AAing when I played for the first time. I trade DP'd a fair bit with Ryu, which is fine. As long as I get the trade. Though when I used Rufus and tried out his far and close s.hp AA its like you have to be super fast to smack them out of the air, otherwise you eat a phat combo.

So yeah, use the right AA and you're fine but some that worked in SF4 don't seem like they work the same now, which is ok since its a 'different' game but still kinda strange :s

Also in SFxT, there is the addition of counter hits when you go air to air making it more tantilising to use your jumps.

Lastly, the game is slow paced. Sure you've got timeouts happening all the time but it doesn't make the character move faster. The stand jab thing is lame too. It just doesn't feel like an interesting aspect within the game to take damage.

Yeah, when someone's spamming st.LP it is annoying. If I used a character that didn't have a decent reversal I would probably use the auto-tech gem to deal with that online. Just keep blocking and when the inevitable throw is auto-teched you've got some space to do something.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
Nah, no auto tech gems for me thanks. Doesn't feel like it will ultimately make me a better player.

I'm sure I would deal with it in some way eventually like back dashing/blocking/looking for tech/DP :3 but I'm saying its just not fun for something so strong. Fun as in going on a roller coaster. Its more like work.

Offline ffff

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
I think a character with a counter (maybe half the Tekkens?) is really not vulnerable to that tactic. AFAIK they're all 0 frames so even if the person bullying you with st.LP has a 3 frame jab that is +3 on block, you can still counter them.

And of course if you have a DP, just mash it out. Ken's really good for that because his fierce one is safe on block if you have meter to tag cancel.

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
The one thing that is really bugging me about this game is the lack of any meaningful relationship between the frame data, hitboxes and animations. They seem to have done the animations to look cool, and then ajusted the framedata and hitboxes for balance afterwards, but didn't go back and readjust the animations.

It's frustrating because, at least when I was first learning vanilla SF4, moves with bad recovery generally looked like they had vad recovery. This is no longer the case, and the only way around seems to be to try and learn the frame data for everything. Frustrating.
My Youtube Page
  :db:  :lk:  :db:  :lp:  :db:  :hp:  :qcb: :mk:  :hk:  :dpf: :lk:  :hp:  :hp: :hp:

findlay_stuart

« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
The one thing that is really bugging me about this game is the lack of any meaningful relationship between the frame data, hitboxes and animations. They seem to have done the animations to look cool, and then ajusted the framedata and hitboxes for balance afterwards, but didn't go back and readjust the animations.

It's frustrating because, at least when I was first learning vanilla SF4, moves with bad recovery generally looked like they had vad recovery. This is no longer the case, and the only way around seems to be to try and learn the frame data for everything. Frustrating.

I completely agree. It's going to take 3 times as long to learn and remember frame data, purely because almost everything is mashable and safe at the same time, plus block stun, plus slow ass characters. 

As each day goes by I can't be fucked, I think I'll lay this down and wait to see what comes of the patch.

I've been trying to play a patient , look for an opening (with no sound) and punish type game but to be honest I think there's more success to be had mashing on the buttons and frothing at the mouth.

It's not even like I can tell where I'm going wrong when I get beat, so I can't fix it. Wake up especially, I try to pressure they either roll or mash jab into launcher , I've just been letting people get up and then go again after. It's seems I'm at a bigger disadvantage if I knock THEM down. ;D :o

Offline aadm

« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
Random shit from ranked:

Ranked takes forever to find a player 80% of the time.
Sometime it finds someone, as the screen goes black, it just kicks me back to the online battle screen.
Can't ready up sometimes? Sometimes the other player sits there readied up, I can't?
People just leaving(even barely beat or barely lost to)  as soon as you get in their ranked lobby, cool.
"Opponent has left" after you both pick chars - kicks you back to the start screen - Bug I think, not the other player leaving.
"could not join lobby"
"connection with the player has been lost"

Managed 1 ranked game in an hour last night, 2 games the previous night. Just tried now, couldn't ready up twice, ran into 2 people with zero bar red connections, finally 30 minutes later I get into a game, the round is about to start "The game has been cancelled". WTF is that shit.  :o

I NEVER have any problems with sf4, I've never had anyone timeout(connection wise) or anything like that...

How on earth did this get past beta?

edit:another new error as im trying to find a game