Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown  (Read 11158 times)

Offline MadeManG74

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
This game is dropping between June and August into XBLA and PSN. While the release date is still TBA along with the price, we've got some details of the features this game will have (lifted from VFDC):

Training Mode similar to VF4:Evo Training Mode
*Console exclusive "License Challenge" Single Player Mode - clear special challenges such as "all moves can be canceled", "half weight gravity" and "opponent health doubled" and get a special license. (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
*Character Select Screen - Button Configuration (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
*Character Select Screen - Random Character Select (console exclusive) (Updated:1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
*Online Mode features 8 player lobby rooms
*Online Mode features spectators (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #1).
*Online Mode features replay saves and upload feature
*Over 14,000 plus items will be available to customize characters (Updated: 1-Mar-2012, Ref #2).
*Game menu shown: (Updated: 14-Mar-2012, Ref #4)

Single Player
    Offline Versus
    Online Battle
    Dojo
        Tutorial
        Command Training
        Free Training
    Terminal
        Replays
        Customisation
    Scoreboards
    Help & Options
    Download Content

*Training mode reveals: (Updated: 14-Mar-2012, Ref #4)

Record mode: Up to 3 actions may be recorded and played back.
    On screen display: attack damage, execution, frame advantage/disadvantage, and evade directions (using icons)
    Combo practice: much like command practice, there was a combo practice element within Training mode.

http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/316475#Post316475

Personally I'm really looking forward to this game, I've been playing Virtua Fighter since VF2, but never competitively. I've only ever really played it casually with friends, but hope to delve a little deeper with this title. Most likely will be maining Wolf, and dabbling with Jacky or Goh.

Offline AlexM-D

Re: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
This game is dropping between June and August into XBLA and PSN.

What a coincidence that's also when I'm dropping SC5 and SFXT :p, hope to have some games with you when it drops MadeMan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:16 PM »
Really excited for this game. Can't wait to use Taka again.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
Kakutou Shinseki VI

Japans national tournament series just finished up with Chibita winning.

Amazing match between Chibita and Koedo.

When the videos come up on the internet I suggest everyone watch it. Truely godlike match.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:56:40 PM »
Really excited for this game. Can't wait to use Taka again.

Definitely will be up for some matches, I get the feeling it'll take me some time to get up to speed in the game!

Interview with a 'Sega Star' player Chibita, looks like this might be a series:

Offline hijakt

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »
Absolutely love the Virtua Fighter series, cant wait.For me, when you're in the zone in this series theres no other fighter that comes close, just so fluid and everything seems to feel right.Such  shame it has a reputation of being overly difficult, it really isn't any harder to pickup than Tekken or Stret Fighter IMO.I could harp on but won't, really can't wait, love Virtua Fighter, Love Sega !

Offline Kisou

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 12:53:19 AM »
Pretty excited for this.

Not sure how I feel about the change to the throw system in this though (only 3 throw directions and 1 throw escape input total to break a throw, as opposed to 6? throw directions and multiple throw escape inputs in the previous iterations), as I was watching the NCR VF5:FS replays and no one seemed to be able to guess what throw the Wolf player would be using and ate a ton of damage. Having said that, I'm terrible at the game in general and can't break throws for shit anyway. :)
Team Low-Tier! Powered by Random.
鬼葬

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »
In most situations you could feasibly put in 2 throw escapes, so depending on the char you were fighting you had about a 33% - 50% of 'guessing' correctly (not everyone had every throw direction).

Now you have a straight 33% chance, so old schoolers who spent the hours learning how to throw escape properly have now just been put on the same level as those who have not.

VF shouldn't be taking lessons from capcom about dumbing down games.

On another note I may pick this game up again, as long as the online is good.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »
I can normally get 3 throw escapes out at best which I was very happy with. Feels like years of working on that goes down the drain, but then again as a Goh main I like the idea of having a stack of throws that probably won't get teched.

Hopefully this releases soon. VF is due for a comeback.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »
I can normally get 3 throw escapes out at best which I was very happy with. Feels like years of working on that goes down the drain, but then again as a Goh main I like the idea of having a stack of throws that probably won't get teched.

Hopefully this releases soon. VF is due for a comeback.

Yea same I capped out at 3 throw escapes., 2 directions and a neutral, and it had to be during a pretty lengthy guaranteed throw situation.

Even after all these years I still read TE as 'throw escape' and not 'tournament edition' haha.
Stop sandbagging.

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
haha I'm glad it's not just me.

VF5 on XBL is pretty good Tom. Can't see why FS would be worse.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
Does VF has an annoying runaway character or a turtle character?
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 04:30:39 AM »

YES. I dunno the name but its a girl character.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »

YES. I dunno the name but its a girl character.

Are you thinking of Eileen, and this video in particular?

Some more things about the upcoming port, there was a video showing that it's going to have the selectable music from all through the series of VF. Personally, I'm going to be rolling with VF2 music wherever possible.

In terms of netcode, they are apparantly using Daytona USA netcode as a basis, I don't have that game yet. Does anyone here have it? Thoughts on the netcode?

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:56:15 AM »
Can't really run away or turtle much in this kyle, time outs are very rare, you don't want to backed up to a wall, and then of course there are always ring outs.
Stop sandbagging.