Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown  (Read 11159 times)

Offline Chill

Re: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
Myke-san....  :'(

Some interesting matches, GT still seems like the only player who can currently take the fight to the Japanese VFers. But then after watching that final the gap to Fuudo's level is still so big, he really is a beast.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:56 AM »
Fuudo is one of the 'Gods of Virtua Fighter' though, officially recognised by Sega as such too. Speaking of which, does anyone have that full list of players? I saw it somewhere else but can't find it again now. I just remember Fuudo on there and Chibita was like the 'Eternal Elder God of Virtua Fighter' or something ridiculous.

But yeah, Myke did so well, I remember watching him beat Denkai in straight sets and the commentators were losing their shit, saying he's one of the best players in the west. Congrats Myke!

I missed the whole top 16 unfortunately because I had to leave around midday yesterday, so I want to go back and watch the archive when it's available. The matches that I did see were all very good and the event was just really well put together. I hope they run it again next year!

Offline Kisou

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
Top 16 results, taken from the thread over at VFDC. Congrats to Myke for his placing!

1. RZR|Fuudo (Shun)
2. GentlemanThief (Jean, Pai, Jacky)
3. RZR|Itabashi Zangief (Shun)
4. Choufu K・K Sarah (Shun, Aoi, T-Arashi)
5. Tricky (Eileen)
5. EMP|Rodnutz (Akira)
7. Rocket (Brad)
7. Renzo (Brad)
9. AyuFanb0y (Akira)
9. EMP|Denkai (Jacky)
9. LA Akira (Shun)
9. Myke623 (Kage)
13. BLACKSTAR (Sarah)
13. AdamYuuki (Jeffry)
13. myth_boy6 (Lei-Fei)
13. ChiefFlash (Wolf)
Team Low-Tier! Powered by Random.
鬼葬

Offline 0Renzokuken0

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
That renzo isn't me btw haha. Bad luck to Myke for just missing top 8 but still great work man.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
GGs to JiendoAU and Toto yesterday on XBL. Awesome session, and I felt I really learned a lot from yesterday's games. I'm worried I'm plateauing a bit in VF, so I'm always keen to play more matches against anyone who's up for it.

I'm also wondering if Wolf is really suiting me as much as I thought, I had some pretty good success with Goh and Jeffry last night. I wonder if this is just because playing them forces me to rely on fundamentals more because I don't know their moveset as well? Maybe that's a valuable lesson to take from it...

Either way, I always find VF so satisfyingly fun to play  ;D

Offline Chill

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
You don't ever really plateau in VF, you just get stuck for a while ;).

It might (might) be a case of looking at what your attack patterns are. If you're using the "wrong" attack in X situation, sometimes changing characters can uncover that.

I'll try to get online tonight if I can, am keen for more practice for BAM!

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »
Virtua Fighter 6 Reveal Imminent

We can officially reveal that RINGEDGE 2 title Virtua Fighter 6 is set for reveal in a matter of weeks by Sega’s AM2 department.

The title is set to incorporate the terrain deformation of VF4, multi-layered terrain of VF3 and multi-level stages of the DoA series.

An anonymous source within the company states that a home port of the title is “out the window” as the above advanced features are not compatible with the tablet CPUs of the Xbox One and PS4.

Further info soon.

http://zachmblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/virtua-fighter-6-reveal-imminent/

PS4 and Xbone can't do that hectic terrain deformation, VF6 is just TOO POWERFUL FOR IT. I mean multi-tiered arenas? Holy Balls, imagine the super computer you would need for that shit.

Also, we should play online more often you guys.

Offline kientan

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
Wow.

VF6. That will certainly bring me back to play.

Between this and GGXrd. The future is looking good. Too bad they are so far away.

They need to move these games to Steam. Need to let go of this console business.
DON'T A PRO. BECAUSE BEING ONE IS TOO HARD.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:53 AM »
Wow.

VF6. That will certainly bring me back to play.

Between this and GGXrd. The future is looking good. Too bad they are so far away.

They need to move these games to Steam. Need to let go of this console business.
Damn right, I want everything on PC, it's so convenient.

Also I'm pretty sure that article itself is BS but that VF6 is on the way.

Offline Neo Geo Fan

• New user
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2014, 02:01:49 AM »
Is there still an online community in Australia for this game?

I always wanted to learn and play this game, but i am a bit late to the seen because of study and other commitments.

Its a shame a great game like this is only popular in Japan

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2014, 06:55:01 PM »
Yes, although small.

You can find these boys on the Australian VF Virtua Fighter group over on Facebook. You can get games on both PS3 and XBOX360 but XBOX360 is more common I think.
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules