Author Topic: Skullgirls - XBL and PSN Contact and Feedback Thread  (Read 8415 times)

Re: Skullgirls- XBL and PSN Contact and Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 11:37:18 AM »
ggs ages , i love this game
retired as best sent in aus
no more umvc3 time for sfxt

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Anyone want a game? Haven't had a chance to play online yet
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
Yea ggs ages

Learnt a lot in that session

I'll be up for more games later, I might try and learn ms forturne so I can make a 2 char team

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
i cant believe ms. fortune says berserker barrage LOL
Namsta looking forward to playing you whenever, only guy i could play so far :(
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »
I don't like the art style of the game but I like the way it plays, I'll pick it up when I get the time.

Does it feel like there is a distinct advantage of playing 1, 2 or 3 chars atm? I'm thinking the added health of 3 chars and having 2 assists would be better.

Also I heard something about having a recordable assist function, anyone tried it out?
Stop sandbagging.

Offline jarop

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
Does it feel like there is a distinct advantage of playing 1, 2 or 3 chars atm? I'm thinking the added health of 3 chars and having 2 assists would be better.

Also I heard something about having a recordable assist function, anyone tried it out?

At the moment, one character seems to be the week 1 top tier simply because it's the easiest to get the benefit out of it (free damage + more health) but I think as the game gets played out a bit more we'll see some really silly things with assists. I mean, you get access to EVERY MOVE a character has. I played a few with BK this morning who had the equiv of a Psylocke AA assist behind him and that was just wrecking my shit for a good while. The only problem with assists i've found at the moment is that they're completely vulnerable after they do what they do, they just sorta hang around and say something before they disappear. Of course if your point character is blocking you can punish any swings at the assist character (screw it up and you're eating a happy birthday though).

As for the recordable assist, it's handled on the character select. You literally just input the move you want and it'll record it. It's awesome
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
i recommend not using 3 character teams and starting off with 2 character teams.
once you get used to the game you can experiment, wait for some technology or some structure advice for a team with 3.
3 character teams get hurt quite a bit and do poorish damage but then you get two assists.
i can see some keepaway teams with 3 characters.
1 character teams are alright because the game is new, but later things might change.
also assists arent instant like, when they come in you have a chance to attack and after they do their move you can hit them.
Stay Gold.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »
XBL - Westl0

gg no SEA zone

More regions are going to be added, one of the devs or someone high in the community team or whatever posts on Neogaf, an Australian already asked for an Aus/NZ region... he didn't say yes to that but did say more regions are coming.
SSFIV & SFxTK - Cammy/Ken
UMvC3 -Storm/SentinelMorrigan

Offline Age

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »
About the team size, damage is ridiculous on solo cerebella but I think the best set up will end up being a duo with really strong synergy. A trio character just seems easy to kill.

Yea ggs ages

Learnt a lot in that session

I'll be up for more games later, I might try and learn ms forturne so I can make a 2 char team

Your combos and mixups are looking pretty sick so far, and once you get in I'm having trouble noting when your strings are going to end, I'll have to pay more attention. One thing I was thinking while playing was that if I could do the dp motion more reliably, your habit of jumping after a string might be a problem. I was trying out cerebella's run moves a lot in the second set and they seem pretty powerful as mix-up or defense, though I gotta avoid the full screen ones where my follow-up gets stuffed with a jab.

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »
yeah i noticed those run setups, that finger one especially was brutal!  :P

cerebella is scary up close, hence the reason why I would end strings with a jump into dash mixup, but after u started AA grabing me or run bashing me I started backdashing, which youd punish with that huge punch >_< fun little mind games going on there.

valentine has some sweet combos, although I dont think im getting the full potential out of most things, I'll have to wait for some combo videos to come out, sucks having no tech roll option in training, some of the combos I found and wanted to use were techable and I didnt even know untill our matches, hopefully that gets patched in soon.

oh, and I finally landed that counter  ;D hehe

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 09:31:29 AM »
bored this morning  :P

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
So here I am sitting and wishing I had more time to play Skullgirls and not be swamped with uni work and I'm guessing I'll play Cerebella since "Oh, she doesnt have crazy air-dash/doublejump combos and things I'll have to master, she'll be straight forward enough." Then I find she has Run-Stop loops with her charge B,F+LK~LK  :'(

If I weren't so busy, this game would be the best thing ever.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline NYUkid

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
Add me on PSN : NYUked

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Ggs to toxy and ages.

I really need to find a good assist for my chars, I think 2v2 is the future of the game.

That double assist is brutal ages :P haha

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 07:57:11 PM »
add me
psn:castrol-edge
xbox:castroledg3
Stay Gold.