Author Topic: Skullgirls - XBL and PSN Contact and Feedback Thread  (Read 8559 times)

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
  • 2013 New Year's Resolution: Go to TWO tournaments.
    • View Profile
Re: Skullgirls- XBL and PSN Contact and Feedback Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
I'm down for some Skullgirls on PSN right now! -Taasi23

Yeah, I just copied and pasted that from my post yesterday, but it's still true tonight. If not true-er! I'm getting so sick of playing arcade mode, and I'm pretty sure the bull$#!% I get away with against the CPU isn't going to work against somebody who actually knows what they're doing. Certainly not twice.

Speaking of whoch, after a few weeks of post-release play, what's everybody here using? I'm really enjoying the two-character team of Peacock and Double. Peacock's educed meter gain during death from above isn't really hurting me, and since most of her combos are fullscreen and straight into Argus, I don't mind wasting the OTG immediately after the butt-slam. It's weird, because I've almost never played a zoning game in Marvel, but the sheer number and variety of projectiles that Peacock can use to fill the screen has really drawn me to her as a character. Also, she's the only one with a teleport. And a beam super. I don't think I could play this type of game without a teleport and a beam super. Huh... I just realised that Peacock is Dorm without the flight... ;D

Anybody else enjoying bullet hell (or, more appropriately, bomb hell)?

Will fight for food/love/money/right to party! ;D

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »
Can't wait until this comes out on PC, looking forward to playing some of you ps3 guys.

I think I'm going to stick to solo ms fortune, I was using valentine + parasol but fortune is just to fun, + her head acts as an assist which negates a 2nd char giving me more damage and health

Ill try get on for some games this week at night time, depends whether diablo has me by the balls or not that night :P
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »
I'm also very excited for the cross-platform play. While I don't intend to get it on PC, I'm hoping I can convince some of my non-fighting-gamer friends to pick it up for some matches once it hits the inevitable Steam sales.

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
ggs Taasi. Welcome to playing against someone with rural internet.
Pichy.

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »
GGs to you too! The connection, while occasionally fuzzy, was mostly fine. It's nice to see Hornet Bomber being used as an assist for rushdown, as I've only really been using it for zoning. Once your Valentine got on my Peacock, it was really hard to find any breathing space.

I need to work on landing my Double combos against something other than a punching bag! :D

EDIT: ...and I just re-read the words "Once you Valentine got on my Peacock,"...

Screw it, I'm leaving it like that. ;)

Offline Age

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »
ggs spoony, you should try out fortune if she interests you, she's pretty simple if you keep her head on, and with the head off you can get a really deep solo character. Otherwise, I would suggest trying out other assists on cerebella (diamond drop or cerecopter are amazing with parasoul).

Offline Trejo

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
GGs to Tassi. Your assist timing is on point. Took me a while to realisise i needed to be patient . I really need to get on a decent level with another character. Cerebella on her own just can't cope with Peacock.

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 09:25:10 PM »
GGs to Tassi. Your assist timing is on point. Took me a while to realisise i needed to be patient . I really need to get on a decent level with another character. Cerebella on her own just can't cope with Peacock.

GGs indeed, Trejo! I think the assist timing is the most naturally transferable skill from playing Marvel. While the rest of the game moves at a slower, more methodical pace, the assist recovery time is pretty darn fast.

Your solo Cera scared the crap outta me! That match where you happy birthday'd me couldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds. I think I was just fortunate enough to be rocking a team that seems to be an effective counter to a solo character.

ASSISTS FTW!!! :D

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I am keen to have some throw downs tonight if anyone is interested. I am very noob at this so come destroy me, I am eager to get better =D!

PSN: Jamboojar

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2012, 04:36:25 PM »
I am keen to have some throw downs tonight if anyone is interested. I am very noob at this so come destroy me, I am eager to get better =D!

PSN: Jamboojar

I love this game a little more with every match I play, and wish for that love to continue growing. Consider yourself added.

COME AT ME BRO!!! ;D

Offline Trejo

« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:27 PM »
@goom2daba: Sign me up too. I'm also looking to get some practice in.

PSN: Dabeast151

I'll be online tonight if anyone wants some games

Re: Skullgirls - XBL and PSN Contact and Feedback Thread
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
XBOX: Otakutrends

I am really not that good but i enjoy the game very much my favorite is Pain wheel.

Offline Folks

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »
this game has already died. 3 other people in Australia play this game and i get bodied each time by the only 2 i get to verse. please people, play this fuckin sick game
BasedFolk

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
this game has already died. 3 other people in Australia play this game and i get bodied each time by the only 2 i get to verse. please people, play this fuckin sick game

This bat man speaks the truth!

This game is too awesome to be so underplayed. I'm hoping that cross-platform play with the PC version and the inclusion of Australia as a region in the patch (in addition to every other improvement being made to this already incredible game) will re-invigorate the local online activity.

Once again, I am Taasi23 on PSN, and if I'm within a few feet of my PS3 odds are I'm down for some Skullgirls action.

Offline jarop

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »
If the 2.0 fixes (speed, assist nerfs and combo lengths) actually play a major role in adjusting the pace of the game I think this game will pick up more than it did. For me the combo lengths are what's putting the game in the Blazblue combos for days with very little actual playing category.
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS