Author Topic: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback  (Read 80819 times)

Offline maxsze90

Re: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback
« Reply #780 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »
Sakura is like Yang on roids. Dem hit confirms turn into such ridiculous damage.

Might dabble into her for a bit, her tatsu can be used to destroy tech and is easy confirm to big damage and reset, hmmm.

ayyitsrobert making frequent showings now? Damn someone needs to expose him.

« Reply #781 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »
quiet max; or do i have to expose your 'godlike' oni with my day one oni again? :) :pogchamp:

GGs ayyitsrobert, your Sakura has tricky setups, I like that allot! I need to get better at frame trapping, my timing was off so I think I only got a counter hit once. hmm

good games, haha, i was surprised when i saw you playing cammy instead of bison.

Don't know if it was the same guy, but I played a Sakura player who really knew his shit. Quality player. Good games were had.

good games; you were the chun right?so strong. hahah; i think i only took one or two games off you.

Safe to assume his name is Robert?, though its weird cos there is only one Rob here and that's robsux, hahaha... just playing, for real though, ayyitsrobert's Sakura is pretty slick, it seems he's a very setup heavy player, he has some tricky stuff with Ken as well.

LOL; not sure if you're being serious or not but yeah, my name is robert. haha

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 15, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I've seen some players jump over a knocked down opponent in the corner, and rather than go for a meaty crossup, they would throw in a jumping normal BEFORE the opponent gets up, and then maybe throw in a quick crouching normal once they land.

Is this simply to trick the opponent into blocking a crossup on wakeup? Or is there another reason. And also, does it make the jump safe?

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #783 on: December 15, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I've seen some players jump over a knocked down opponent in the corner, and rather than go for a meaty crossup, they would throw in a jumping normal BEFORE the opponent gets up, and then maybe throw in a quick crouching normal once they land.

Is this simply to trick the opponent into blocking a crossup on wakeup? Or is there another reason. And also, does it make the jump safe?

Depends, some characters can hit the crossup really late so the decision to whiff it and then go for a low could be used as a mixup. But I do believe that you could block those with relative ease after you've seen the jump height and timing against the different characters (MU experience). There are 4 more additional landing frames before they could do anything if they pressed a button in the air so I would normally expect an empty jump low attack to work better.

Blocking what you mentioned should be a matter of just strong defense where the stick is moved to cover both the air crossup and low in the correct manner and timing (the possible window where you can be hit by the crossup and the proceeding low, factoring in block stun on a possible air hit). Empty jump lows is a different story however and should be a fair bit harder to react to.

Furthermore whiffed air attacks into lows/whatever for some characters can assist with some meaty/counter hit setups. Here, Sakura/Ken spring to mind... (maybe because I've been getting annihilated recently lol)

Dudley setup for fun after focus attack crumple (airborne state): overhead (on the crumple), standing jab, jumping hk (whiff), upon landing you may --> fwd.hp or cr.hk or overhead for superrrr meaty results.

Offline Captain

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 17, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
Showed up today from about noon to 4 on and off. Had a few good games, but when it got busy my machine wouldn't link so I was stuck playing the pc. Not fun so I dipped and caught "the man with the iron fists". Terrible flick but enjoyable if you are into that kind of think. Best part was the music.
Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well-scripted live divine comedy.

« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
Went there today for 30mins after work.

I hopped on 4 machines and each had one button that did not work, could not believe it.

The staff guy gives me back 4 credits on one machine. Can not believe how crap the machines are now.

I'm not good.

AtomicX

« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
If I remember correctly the Tekken guys wrote a formal post on the GW Facebook page to get their buttons and sticks fixed. Any volunteers to do that for us Street Fighter guys? (Meeks your very good at writing long diplomatic posts... ;) )Or should we do a petition?

Meeks

« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
I'll be happy to do whatever I can to contribute to the fixing of those buttons. Since it's really the only regular offline outlet for fighting games, we all deserve better  :)

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
<whiny_bitch_mode>

New sticks and buttons for that place are years overdue. I can't bring myself to play at GW a great deal due to the atrocious state of their laughable hardware - I feel like the reliability of the controls adds a +30% mix-up factor to my opponent's game (and mine). Its a coin toss if focus attack responds and its an added bonus if double-dash registers. Sweeps are optional, jabs only on Wednesdays. Jump forward requires a down-payment of four games, though you shouldn't be jumping anyway, right?

Its the only arcade I've played at where people actually perform button checks prior to the beginning of rounds.

GW doesn't give a toss though - there's still countless people happy to pay money to play a block-optional, int(rnd*6) button version of SFIV. I liken it to a taxi company owner who hasn't maintained his fleet since 1976, with the vehicles still plodding around the city coughing up smoke and trailing random parts with the drivers sitting behind the wheel muttering salty phrases through gritted teeth.

Galaxy World. The most unique fighting game playing experience in the southern hemisphere.

Remember how Daigo dropped into GW to play a few games a while back? How embarrassing.

</whiny_bitch_mode>
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Meeks

« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
<whiny_bitch_mode>

New sticks and buttons for that place are years overdue. I can't bring myself to play at GW a great deal due to the atrocious state of their laughable hardware - I feel like the reliability of the controls adds a +30% mix-up factor to my opponent's game (and mine). Its a coin toss if focus attack responds and its an added bonus if double-dash registers. Sweeps are optional, jabs only on Wednesdays. Jump forward requires a down-payment of four games, though you shouldn't be jumping anyway, right?

Its the only arcade I've played at where people actually perform button checks prior to the beginning of rounds.

GW doesn't give a toss though - there's still countless people happy to pay money to play a block-optional, int(rnd*6) button version of SFIV. I liken it to a taxi company owner who hasn't maintained his fleet since 1976, with the vehicles still plodding around the city coughing up smoke and trailing random parts with the drivers sitting behind the wheel muttering salty phrases through gritted teeth.

Galaxy World. The most unique fighting game playing experience in the southern hemisphere.

Remember how Daigo dropped into GW to play a few games a while back? How embarrassing.

</whiny_bitch_mode>

That rant is way overdue and warranted. However, it's really the only offline option for myself since I cannot commit to weekends when YSB offline meets are often conducted. I have no other option than to bank in blind faith that something "can" be done about those buttons. Akin to an abused wife who just refuses to leave her husband in hope that he can turn his obnoxious ways around.

Offline robsux

« Reply #790 on: December 18, 2012, 10:28:29 AM »
I am in favour of Meeks writing a long diplomatic post hahahh!  No pressure :P

Galaxy world I get mind fucked when my MP works 78% of the time.  Viper is bottom tier when it's like this.....you can't FFF, or TK cancel anything  (I use MP / HP alot!).

Lol Gamogo i 1000000% agree with you
Trame Frappe

AtomicX

« Reply #791 on: December 18, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »
Even though GW are the ones taking our money unfortunately it's still up to us to let them know how we feel. Whinging here is good for stress relief but it won't do anything to change the situation. And we should make it clear that we arenít talking about a simple button change when one is broken, ALL their sticks and buttons needs to be replaced with new equipment!

Lots of funny moments with broken buttons though. One time the MP just popped right out of the machine and the staff member just poked it back in again. Next player comes along it pops out again causing him to lose the match, so he picked up the button and threw it on the ground. Well done!

Another time after the staff member fixed Rob's button he said to Rob "You happy now? You win now?". Yea like we only care if a button is broken or not depending if we win / lose.  ::) Just shows the GW staff lack of understanding.

Most staff are cool with doing a quick button replacement but there is one staff member there that absolutely hates it. I told him a button was broken and he said he'd come up to change it and he never, NEVER came up to change it.

« Reply #792 on: December 19, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
GGS to all yesterday.

Masa's Dhalsim is too good, I only clutched a couple of games because I slightly changed my style again. It's that thing I said about hard matchups, you need to make a lot of a risky changes while the other person just needs to make little changes.

But yeah the cabinets require much maintenance, sucks when my HP doesn't work 30% of the time which causes me to go LARIAT AH NI LOU MEH.
Diablo 3 - The SF x T of Blizzard

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 19, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

« Reply #794 on: December 19, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Every single cabinet had something wrong with it the other day. Even after the buttons are all fixed up, half of them still don't link.
Perth made me do it.