Author Topic: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback  (Read 79408 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback
« Reply #795 on: December 20, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
If GW were to import Japanese cabs of SE,  would the bp card system work? I think any id system of the sort would be awesome as OzHadou people would recognize one another instantly.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #796 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
The battle network support is built into all arcade releases of AE and can be manipulated via the Taito Type X2 bios.

I recall the actual distribution of the data (name, points, stats, costume, colour) relies on a cellular network to transmit data for storage. There is very little concrete info on the central record keeping for the system however, though I believe it cannot be localised. There is also very little detail on the cards themselves (i.e. if they can store data or are merely an authentication system to fetch and relay to the aforementioned storage systems).

Interestingly, the Tekken cabinets at GGs supported cards and I believe they retained stats (wins, losses and personalised character names) on the actual cards themselves without an external network dependency.

So in short, the capability is certainly there, there's just a few unknowns as to how these data are actually stored and recorded combined with GW obviously lacking the required readers (and cards!) themselves.

Galaxy World would do better to repair their busted ass hardware before even considering a card system though.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline STOZ1105

« Reply #797 on: December 20, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »
Think we should talk to ACCC or some government organisation about GW being sh!t? LOLOLOLOL. But yeah I'm about to write a complaint to them about it and I think many of us should do the same.

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 20, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »

Anyone coming in later tonight?

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #799 on: December 20, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
But yeah I'm about to write a complaint to them about it and I think many of us should do the same.

Frankly I don't see this changing a thing. Despite people's continued complaints about the state of the hardware, they continue to play there day in, day out. Unfortunately a mass boycott wouldn't work either, as they'd just plain remove the cabinets.

A better a approach might be to mention to them that if they were to improve the hardware, they'd actually net a lot MORE regular paying customers. Last I went to GW I sat down at a cabinet with a faulty hk (Akuma nerf, haha) and the guy I was paired against couldn't jump diagonally. We played a single game and then we both left on our own accord due to the laughable state of the machines these fools expected us to pay money to play on. Prior to that I had a session at GW where I had a perfectly functioning cabinet and as a result stayed for hours, happily emptying my wallet into the card slot.

Another hurdle isn't so much GW's complete disdain for hardware maintenance, but the Neanderthals who feel compelled to bash the unholy shit out of the buttons and their mounting panels expecting hidden win-buttons to emerge from beneath all the while swinging off the sticks like caged gibbons on heat. For a while there I was entertaining the idea of a donation drive to pool some cash so we could purchase a swathe of sticks and buttons and hand them to GW to actually install. The intent gets a little lost though when you consider that non-contributors would continue to use the cabinets to pound corn, effectively wasting a community effort.

Perhaps some kind of "Dude, don't be a dick with the cabinets" sign is in order? I'm unsure how they'd police that though, as we've all stood passively and indeed had a giggle when we see some mouth breathing retard bashing the console like a whack-a-mole machine only to sober up once it registers that we may find ourselves using that very cabinet next.

Sure is funny at the time though xD
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline STOZ1105

« Reply #800 on: December 20, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »
But yeah I'm about to write a complaint to them about it and I think many of us should do the same.

Frankly I don't see this changing a thing. Despite people's continued complaints about the state of the hardware, they continue to play there day in, day out. Unfortunately a mass boycott wouldn't work either, as they'd just plain remove the cabinets.

A better a approach might be to mention to them that if they were to improve the hardware, they'd actually net a lot MORE regular paying customers. Last I went to GW I sat down at a cabinet with a faulty hk (Akuma nerf, haha) and the guy I was paired against couldn't jump diagonally. We played a single game and then we both left on our own accord due to the laughable state of the machines these fools expected us to pay money to play on. Prior to that I had a session at GW where I had a perfectly functioning cabinet and as a result stayed for hours, happily emptying my wallet into the card slot.

Another hurdle isn't so much GW's complete disdain for hardware maintenance, but the Neanderthals who feel compelled to bash the unholy shit out of the buttons and their mounting panels expecting hidden win-buttons to emerge from beneath all the while swinging off the sticks like caged gibbons on heat. For a while there I was entertaining the idea of a donation drive to pool some cash so we could purchase a swathe of sticks and buttons and hand them to GW to actually install. The intent gets a little lost though when you consider that non-contributors would continue to use the cabinets to pound corn, effectively wasting a community effort.

Perhaps some kind of "Dude, don't be a dick with the cabinets" sign is in order? I'm unsure how they'd police that though, as we've all stood passively and indeed had a giggle when we see some mouth breathing retard bashing the console like a whack-a-mole machine only to sober up once it registers that we may find ourselves using that very cabinet next.

Sure is funny at the time though xD

I know that 99% of the time it won't work but better than doing ABSOLUTELY nothing is my point. Like you mentioned we can come up with suggestions but there's always going to be an obstacle and in the end its frustrating for everyone that we are still paying $1.20 on a game that has practically been out for a long time... but saying that its hard to make them move in the end.

Oh yeah, those people who decides to put FU in our fun is extremely amusing to watch... but beware of them too, I once got into a real fight afterwards to being too good   :(

Till then I just think its best for us to express our opinions to them then just to whinge and bitch over here. That's all.

Anyone coming in later tonight?

Not tonight buddy, in fact what's the plan people over the holis? I've never been in Oz during the holiday season and was wondering do activities go dead while in this season?

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:03 AM »
well I've decided to stop playing there now entirely, so that's about $50 they wont be getting anymore from me each week. If they're made to understand that they can lose 200-300 each week just because they're slack at maintaining their cabinets it might very well make a difference.

Meanwhile staff attitude is kind of poor as well, they're paid to help the customer. When I was at GGs I used to fix and replace buttons as well in addition to all my retail duties and I was often working by myself. It wasnt difficult by any measure.

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 21, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »

Good games yesterday, Ben, Rob, Xavier, Kenshin, Ricky, the other Chun Li player, Jon, Hakan player, United... so is anyone popping in over the holiday season? I was gonna give it a break until after new year's but I had fun yesterday. I miss versing Max and Jay.

AtomicX

« Reply #803 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
Inspired by a few players saying we don't have any xxx character at Galaxy World. I thought I'd a do a list of players and characters they use so we can identify what characters might be lacking at Galaxy World. (And this was mostly done for fun).

The rules I gave myself were:

Based on consistent character usage and consistent attendance.

I.e. The player came at least once a week and more often than not they used their character listed.

The list is based on the last two months give and take. Though I just went by what I remember so the list would need everyone's input to be more accurate. Please let me know of any errors and names/gamer tag if I've got you down as "something something guy" or feel free to copy n paste and update the list yourself.

So I present:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy World Player/Character usage list as of 21/12/12
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

RYU
F.Johnny, SR's student, Genxa

KEN
Ikuya, Some Random, Xavier

E.HONDA
Captain, United

IBUKI
Robsux, Guy with glasses, Guy with hat and girlfriend, Guy who mashes, Genxa

MAKOTO

DUDLEY
N.Ultra, Charles, Dudley/Guy guy, Kenshin, Max

SETH
Crazy Freerider, Concerned looking man

GOUKEN
Crazy Freerider

AKUMA
Oni Guy, Genxa

GEN
Carlton, Genxa

DAN
Kenshin, Saikyobatsujin

SAKURA
ayyitsrobert, Dudley/Guy guy, Genxa

ONI
Oni Guy, Another guy who mashes, Genxa

YUN
Genxa, Dudley/Guy guy, Yun/Cam/Juri guy, Rex, Joseph?

JURI
Yun/Cam/Juri guy

CHUN LI
Meeks, Happy guy, Ricky, Carlton

DHALSIM
Dhalsim guy

ABEL
F.Johnny, Xavier, Genxa

C.VIPER
Robsux

M.BISON
AtomicX, STOZ1105

SAGAT
Xavier, Genxa

CAMMY
Andru, Joseph?, Yun/Cam/Juri guy, AtomicX, Genxa

DEE JAY
Dee Jay guy

CODY
United, Genxa

GUY
Dudley/Guy guy, Silhouette, Saikyobatsujin, Genxa

HAKAN
Shhhaaaa

YANG
F.Johnny, Rex, Max

EVIL RYU
Some Random

GUILE
Xavier, Execution guy

BLANKA
Crazy Freerider, United

ZANGIEF
Afterdeath, New Zangief guy

RUFUS
Max

EL FUERTE
Carlton, Crazy Freerider

VEGA
Spam Flying Barcelona Attack guy

BALROG
Charles, Michael, Andru, Execution guy

FEI LONG
Afterdeath

T.HAWK
N.Ultra, Genxa

ADON
Genxa, Yun/Cam/Juri guy

ROSE
Robsux, Rose guy

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 21, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
list edited LOLOL

AtomicX

« Reply #805 on: December 21, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
I see what you did there.  ;)

You're known to use so many characters so I just put Yun being your main.

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
I'm curious to who this Guy/Dudley player is? Jay spoke of him too, don't think I've ever seen him.

Jon, Max would be upset you left him out for Dudley and Yang, hahah.

AtomicX

« Reply #807 on: December 21, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »
Jon, Max would be upset you left him out for Dudley and Yang, hahah.

I was hesitate to even put Max on the list as his attendance hasn't been that good recently. Though good point I will add Dudley and Yang. Though I've never seen his Yang at Galaxy World but I've heard rumours of a man who lost all his credit and was in great despair.

I'm curious to who this Guy/Dudley player is? Jay spoke of him too, don't think I've ever seen him.

I'm not sure if he reads these forums but he has been at Galaxy World for a while now. Plays Guy/Dudley then Sakura/Yun/Cammy etc. He is friends with Joseph(?) I think.

Meeks

« Reply #808 on: December 21, 2012, 09:15:39 PM »

I'm not sure if he reads these forums but he has been at Galaxy World for a while now. Plays Guy/Dudley then Sakura/Yun/Cammy etc. He is friends with Joseph(?) I think.

I know which guy you're talking about. He's a very sociable character. I've spoken to him on numerous occasions. I think he is Malaysian Chinese like myself. He's very competent with all the characters you've suggested he plays.

GGs to all recently. Xavier, Dave, Charles, Carlton, Masa, and Shaaaaa. Wow that Hakan man!! lol

Rob ... the one time I get to stay late, and I run into you as I'm walking AWAY from Galaxy World  :-[ ... Hopefully next time we'll be doing more than actually saying goodbye to one another lol

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2012, 09:48:05 PM »

Yeah back when I first started playing this game, he was the one and only Guy user and was putting up a good fight against even Rob. The first time I played after learning what a crouch tech is, he happened to show up with Dudley. I random ultra'd him, to which he smiled and nodded. He then picked Guy and properly ninja'd me to bits. I last saw him about a month ago, but didn't get to see him play as the only available AE cabinet was busted, GW style. Hope to have a mirror rematch against him.

GG to those who came today. Captain, and another Honda player who I think is United? Everyone is so damn good now, while I'm starting to miss the simplest combos! GG to the Zangief who beat me couple of games before I left, I think I started to get used to the matchup a bit, very different from any other, but also enjoyable in a Chess game way.

Jon, a pleasure to see you on a Friday though we weren't able to play, lets have a game or two next time. Loving that list by the way. Spam Flying Barcelona Attack guy HAHAHA