Author Topic: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback  (Read 79253 times)

Re: SSFIV [SYD - Galaxy World] - Post match feedback
« Reply #810 on: December 22, 2012, 02:32:17 AM »
yeah it probably was me, I was there that evening using Honda a bit.
gg all

oh who plays the bald guy @ lunch time hours? the one that used to rage and swear full on
any who, he wears glasses now and he barely rages and just smiles now.. better yet, he's improved dramatically now too! his guile is actually ok!
good on you dude! (if you read this forum)
I'm not good.

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 22, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
I know which guy you're talking about. He's a very sociable character. I've spoken to him on numerous occasions. I think he is Malaysian Chinese like myself. He's very competent with all the characters you've suggested he plays.

Ahhh yes, I remember now. Agreed, very competent player. Can't believe I forgot about him.

« Reply #812 on: December 22, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Zangief vs Guy is the hardest matchup (for Guy). Guy needs to play in a way that he takes absolutely NO RISK, and unfortunately for Guy there are way too many risky things against Zangief.

I remember when I play Phero in Melb, he sums it up as: "For this matchup, I cannot play my usual style. So in the end, it's like playing a match with a huge mental block."
Diablo 3 - The SF x T of Blizzard

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #813 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:33 PM »
Zangief vs Guy is the hardest matchup (for Guy). Guy needs to play in a way that he takes absolutely NO RISK, and unfortunately for Guy there are way too many risky things against Zangief.

I remember when I play Phero in Melb, he sums it up as: "For this matchup, I cannot play my usual style. So in the end, it's like playing a match with a huge mental block."

When versing Zangief, you are playing Super Zangief Fighter 4.

It's a completely different game and an acquired taste. I think Zangief is unique in terms as a matchup for the whole cast. Barring Dhalsim/Sagat really...

AtomicX

« Reply #814 on: December 22, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »
Anyone going on Sunday? I might go in the afternoon for pre-xmas games.

Offline Captain

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 23, 2012, 06:27:16 AM »
I quite enjoy the Zangief matchup as Honda. It requires a lot of patience and footsies. Even though I often lose to good zangiefs, the matches are still really fun and I learn a lot.

Edit: Note to self. If a really cute asian girl is eye raping you, don't look back. Her 130kg boyfriend might try to throw blows and completely miss and get picked up by the cops ;)
Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well-scripted live divine comedy.

AtomicX

« Reply #816 on: December 23, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »
Updated my list to add new Zangief guy.

GGs everyone today (Rob, Ikuya, Captain, Silhouette, New Zangief guy) Sunday seems pretty chilled. I used Ryu, Cammy, Sagat and Bison.

For those that don't know on any day you can pay $16 for an hour worth of play. You can swipe your card on the machine around every 3 - 5 mins so the trick is if you are winning or losing keep swiping your card often so when the hour is up you still have credits left in the machine.

Recharging bonus dollars on Tuesday or Thursday is still the better way but it's another option they have that I think is useful on the odd occasion. For the hour I paid I'm sure I used way more than $16 worth of credit. So a good time was had and money was saved.

« Reply #817 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
actually he is not new.
ggs everyone. Rob dont break buttons everytime during our matches lol 

c u next year.
faKewell Ikuya.

Offline robsux

« Reply #818 on: December 23, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »
ggs guys! 

Far out my hk don't work, then my hp don't work, then my lk don't work!  Maybe I push buttons too hard.  Why is my TE never having any problems!?!?!? 

One of the guys at Galaxy asked me for feedback on the machines and stuff, which I was really shocked.  I think he's Indian?  He fixes most of the machines.  So I'm thinking to tell him the 4 cabinets opposite each other on the right hand side are the cabinets most people prefer (the lower ones).  I'm going to tell him the screens are good, but the buttons have plenty of issues (either from the connector falling out, or they just break).  Also will mention the sticks need repair or replacement.  And finally sometimes the network stops working where machines won't link, and the far right machine (george st side) is laggy at times.

Any other 'constructive' comments welcome I will tell him, let's see what happens
Trame Frappe

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 23, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
Ikuya, are you the Ken player with the glasses? Very strong Ken, I didn't stand a chance!

And Rob, well...just the usual ass beating received lol. And yes, pretty much all the machines on that one side were busted. I was wondering why I kept killing the air in front of Guy with level 1 FA, and it took me a while to realize the MP was randomly malfunctioning. Argh.

GG to Captain, I thought you had left before I started playing again, so assumed it was someone else with similar tricks to you. Hilarious story by the way, were you alone when that guy threw the punch? No homo intended, but you're a pretty good looking guy ;) Can't blame the girl.

GG Jon, great pressure with Bison, I didn't realize the Ryu and Cammy were also you. Thanks again for the credit, I'll have to keep that $16 thing in mind next time.

And also, GG to that strong Hawk player, and the Zangief/Fei player. Fun games were had.

AtomicX

« Reply #820 on: December 23, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »
For the Zangeif player the last month or so is relatively new, I can't remember seeing him before that.

Yep see you next year Ikuya, your Ken so strong now, (You punished many things vs Ryu and Bison that other players don't punish. Though you ate allot of Cammy's stuff!) I look forward to playing you again! Have a good holiday.

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 23, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
By new Zangief, are you talking about the tall guy with glasses? Because I also think he's quite new to GW. The Asian Zangief though, is he Afterdeath?

« Reply #822 on: December 24, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »
nice to meet u Silhouette, yea I m ken player. r u Guy player right?
you are good to get back turn with 3F crLK, but i think you have habbit to use it too much.
after i noticed ur crLk timing is really fast then i punished it with frame trap, so you can make me confuse if u start delay tech too.
and DP, back dash, focus back dash... Rob has good balance to use that.

c ya next Jon plz be strong till i come back.
Cammy is damn strong that why I ALWAYS say "use her" for newer or players who want change character.
faKewell Ikuya.

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 24, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »
 Thanks Ikuya. Yeah the cr lk is a terrible habit. Its the one main thing thats holding me back. I think i use it a lot because im bad at crouch techs.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 25, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS + HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.