Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5 Xbox - Post match feedback  (Read 6861 times)

Offline KellyNUTS

Re: Virtua Fighter 5 Xbox - Post match feedback
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »
GGs last nite fellas, I was soo outta my league and it was so frustrating, yet so freakin fun at the same time.

AleMD plays this freakin game like its broken or street fighter or something! I didnt know VF'ers could move around like that gawd damn!

Yeah lobby system was a bit cracked, had to send MM a PM to sus how it worked.

Anyone got a good source for tips for a beginner, ive done all the stuff in the game, but its just a little too much to remember it all at once. Like what would u guys recommend to focus on learning first?
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
Can people enter your room during matches?
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »
Can people enter your room during matches?

Nope =(

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 12:18:52 AM »
Balls.
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 06:39:32 AM »
GGs last nite fellas, I was soo outta my league and it was so frustrating, yet so freakin fun at the same time.

AleMD plays this freakin game like its broken or street fighter or something! I didnt know VF'ers could move around like that gawd damn!

Yeah lobby system was a bit cracked, had to send MM a PM to sus how it worked.

Anyone got a good source for tips for a beginner, ive done all the stuff in the game, but its just a little too much to remember it all at once. Like what would u guys recommend to focus on learning first?

Tough to say to be honest, I will say that in VF though it's more imporant to learn all your character's options and tools than it is to learn combos or how to do big damage. You want to be able to know instinctively what to if your opponent is attacking, croucing, blocking, low attacking, evading etc. Every character has different tools for every situation and it's just a matter of learning what to use and when.

I think one of the best things you can do is just play as much as you can. When you see someone online hit us up for some matches. When you find something difficult to counter, just think about what it is and hit up command training to find a move that can beat it. For example, if someone is using a lot of lows against you, you can use Sarah's front flip kick to jump over the low and punish with a ground bounce move.

I think that in VF the complexity really comes from all the multitude of options that are available at any given time rather than execution, and learning all your (and your opponent's) options just takes time.

Offline KellyNUTS

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
Cheers MM, yeah what I try to do is find out/use stuff with Sarah that gives her new maneuverabilty options(if that makes sense, or is even a word :p ).
I prolly just gotta give myself time to remember moves before I learn more, theres sooooo many moves per character its crazy awesome!
Plus once I start figuring out the animations for a characters moves im vs'ing I should know what to expect more and that will defo help.
"Now just stand still. Move, and the wound will be deeper." - Leona Heidern

Offline Toto

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
GGs to my boy MadeMan today. Beat me with his Wolf maybe something like 20 in a row. I'm realising that I need to add some more guaranteed damage to my game: taking the time to memorise combos is boring but unfortunately necessary. It's crazy how Wolf just needs to make a couple of guesses and the round is over (guesses or reads: with MM it's most certainly the latter more often).

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Hold the line there Toto, love isn't always on time.

A good strategy against Wolf straight away is to tech forward throw and deny him burning hammer. Hitting a 100 damage throw feels good, being hit by one...not so much. Every time I get hit by a burning hammer the wild dogs cry out in the night, as they grow restless longing for some solitary company. I know that I must do what's right.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
GGs Toto, the matches weren't as one-sided as you made out, there were quite a few nail-biters in there  :D

I definitely suggest learning those max damage combos when possible. Usually I agree that learning those combos in training mode is a pain in the proverbial, but I found that learning combos is a much faster process in VF compared to other games. The generous execution buffers and lax timing means that itís more about knowing what moves to do in the right situation rather than hitting strict frame-links. Alex MD was using some good combos on me, and after just an afternoon in free training I was able to mimic them and hit them consistently.

As Geese said, denying me of Burning Hammer is important, since I will abuse that move at every opportunity. Itís just a matter of learning my habits I think, but I noticed your Lion was much more dangerous than even the last time we played. Youíre very good with the pokes from the medium distance (especially when forcing ring-outs).

Offline Toto

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
Thanks MM and Geese (MEllen DeGeneres??).

I'm still not fast enough in my reactions to tech throws. Will work on it in training mode; get CPU to react with poke or throw.

In terms of max damage: they are quite easy (as you say), but the thing that is difficult is (for me at least) the situational aspect of it. Like a combo on Wolf is also a combo on Aoi, but if you know the Aoi-specific combo, it can literally change game outcomes. At least, that's how it is with Lion; I think certain characters have one size fits all combos.

In any case, I've been trolling VFDC for good spreadsheets and trying to grind out combos a bit.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
Don't worry too much about reaction time with throw techs.

http://www.virtuafighter.com/threads/vf5fs-easy-throw-escape.15823/

Easy mode.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »
Thanks MM and Geese (MEllen DeGeneres??).

That's Kienten  :)

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 09:23:07 AM »
GGs to CrowdPleasing, I feel like I'm playing Super Turbo with those crazy tick-throw like setups you use!

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
His Lion is very tricky and is only getting better. Against that character it really feels like you have to have your high/low block recognition dialed in. gah

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 09:23:30 PM »
GGs Everlust and Skitzr  :D

Akira is so scary