Linked Events

• BOXHILL BEATDOWNS VOL 11: July 12, 2012
  • Signed up (1/50):
    # Status Name
    1.ConfirmedHeavy Weapons

Please login or register to sign up for this event.

Author Topic: BOXHILL BEATDOWNS VOL 11:Don't Get too Cosy 12th july.  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Heavy Weapons

BOXHILL BEATDOWNS VOL 11:Don't Get too Cosy 12th july.
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:44:44 PM »
BOXHILL BEATDOWNS VOLUME 11 : Don't get too cosy!

Sup everybody fresh off an amazing ae tourament where we saw two aussies go really well. this should be motivation for us to believe in our local players!We are back with a theme night this thursday which should make for a lot of fun.This week is proudly sponsored by cosy bums. The weeks theme is Don't get too cosy. The rules are simple You cannot use the same character more then once win or lose you must switch. To the rule is one exception in the best of 3 scenario for the finals which applies for winners final, losers final and grand final. So get training you have two days to get them bnb's down. See you guys there :)

When: Thursday 12th July
Tournament starts 7:30pm
Where   609 Station Street, Box Hll Vic 3128 (See map below)
Fee   $5 per player. Machines will be put on free play during tournament.
Prizes: Cash prize ratio 70/30 of the sign-up pool less matches played.
Tournament Format/Rules 1 Match (Best of 5 rounds)
May change ultra in between matches
Double Elimination
Must change character after each opponent cannot repeat character choice.
NO Double Jeopardy

View Larger Map

Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Re: BOXHILL BEATDOWNS VOL 11:Don't Get too Cosy 12th july.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
Just to clarify, is it you have to use a different character each match, or you have to use a character each opponent?

As in, if you get a double jeopardy or if somebody resets the bracket in grand finals, can you use the character you used the last time you played that player?
This game glorifies violence. I love it for this reason.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
in the event of double jeopardy you must use a different character. In the finals where its bo3 you dont have to change. if the brackets reset both players must use a different character. So probably best to put it this way, must use a different character each match due to finals being best of 3 i didnt want ppl to get confused. So lets say we have sol v toxy gf for the set they use same character if theres a reset then both must choose another character after that set.

hope that clears it up :)
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Tai

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
might be able to make it but I'll be a bit late (prolli 8ish)!
You have won a free trip to Splash Mountain!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:30 AM »
Pretty good turnout considering the cold and format of this tourney I know alotta people thought probably didnt like the sound of it. But the tourney turned out really fun. With the format being Not allowing ppl to use the same character twice. Seems the same names even without mains always pop up. I wanna see some new people making top 8. Are the same players going to continue to dominate or will someone step up?

results:

1. Sol
2. Carnage
3. Phero
4. Heavy Weapons
5. ToXy
5. Exis

7. Vitriol
7. Burnout

No surprise that sol came out on top.He plays the entire cast at a strong level. Was good to see some of the matches unfold and people outside their comfort zones . Overall great night solid turnout and fun games gg.

Quick Heads Up: Due to CCH making its return .Boxhill beatdowns will be continuing next week to change the fornightly calendar . this way there will be no clash between boxhill beatdowns and cch. Next week will be 1v1 so for those who didnt wanna play this week no excuse to miss next week. And for those who turned up this week im sure apart from sol you'll want to improve your placing I know i do :P gg