Author Topic: KOF XIII Discussion and Media Thread  (Read 21775 times)

Re: KOF XIII Discussion and Media Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
Anyone wanna play on Steam with me today?
My steam: BurnoutTakedown

Ima stream abit and see how the connection goes.

Offline Dark Chaotix

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
New vid

« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »
For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, I've made a combo video. It's kind of the greatest combo video in the history of civilization. And that's an understatement.

The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline whatcudgowrong

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2013, 12:03:57 PM »
For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, I've made a combo video. It's kind of the greatest combo video in the history of civilization. And that's an understatement.

I like it. Keep it up.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
Steam Edition of KoF XIII is now 50% off for the next 36 hours if anyone is interested. It's $15 now.

Offline Dark Chaotix

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:47 PM »
Anyone like Mai??

EDIT:

Here is a money match between bubblanAB7 vs Xian that should get exposure too

« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:30 PM »
Hi guys,
learning kof and its fun!!! not good enough for the trial though..... quick question how do you make multiple hop attack(comboed)(down+ HP) with EX kyo....cant get them to connect...anyway do have any particular day or time when i can get some practice matches + advices...on steam     ID :jorgephilips1 location :canberra   :-)

Offline Dark Chaotix

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
Have to hit the first one low then the second one as normal.

Can people msg me your steam names, imma steam noob :P

« Reply #278 on: November 11, 2013, 03:37:49 PM »
i guess we start at noob level until we get the basics down....kof xiii ai is bad even at level 5(except for bosses). so better have fun with  players,and there is no kof arcade in ACT.

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »
AI (including bosses) is super free to Vice's dp+P.  ;D
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline Dark Chaotix

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2013, 12:52:20 AM »
Terry vid

Offline Alexk

« Reply #281 on: November 23, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »

This is a video of an anti-roll strat using Clark. The description for it is in the youtube vid.

I've developed a counter strategy to this one, which isn't full proof since I need someone to mix between two options - his cB, sB and BSAB. However, I feel there is a good chance that my strategy will still work.

Since Clark can mix you up on the ground with BSAB and lows its hard to determine when to jump against him or get him away without spending meter - this is in the corner by the way. Not to mention he can option select air throw you - scary!! So what I've done is set Clark to what is happening in the link as well as setting him to BSAB after the air throw knockdown.

After Clark air throws and dashes forward I motion d/b to u/b. When Clark's cB connects you will crouch block it and by the time his sB hits you will be blocking by up-backing. For the BSAB scenario you will jump back away and can then punish.

This strategy will lose to his option select air throw/jump C, but it still counters his low/grab game.

You'll have to practise this in training mode to get it down since if you screw up, you might jump back to early and he will catch you with his cB - too late and he can grab you with BSAB.

Apparently BSAB is reactable on wake-up. When I'm knocked down by Clark my mind is racing at a mile a minute so keeping calm and reacting to one out of his many options just doesn't work out for me so screw that.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2013, 01:05:09 AM »
http://www.twitch.tv/mixupnight/b/489584371

Dancing with the KOF stars.

Kane Blue River vs Woo.

Mix Up Night #16

Offline Alexk

« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2013, 02:16:47 AM »
So,

I've been recording my matches lately.

Turns out the replays are bugged/glitched. The most humerous one (???) was during Colin vs I. I remember that I HD'd Colin in this match but somehow the game/replay decided that I started my HD off something else. I then dropped the HD. After this happened, Colin started spamming cB, FURIOUSLY, as well as GC rolling any chance he got. After this chaos was over we both stood there and did nothing for the next 32 seconds. This happened in the other two matches I watched before it. To say the obvious, the game was not recording what actually happened.

LOL and lol.

It was gettin pretty hard watching the replays because of this stupidity so I stopped. You can sort of tell when it stops and starts though, so I should soldier on to get the most out of the replay.

After the bugged round occured, the next match would resume as normal. I didn't check if the meter spent before that round changed the next round. Suppose I should ~

I've notified SNK_Prog_Jace on steam. Is there anyone else I should notify? Has anyone else noticed this?

Offline Alexk

« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2013, 12:50:06 PM »

Here it is in action - typical Colin gameplay. Mashin' cB, GC rolling any chance he gets, activating HD for no reason what so ever. Upon noticing his blatent HD activation, I reacted swiftly with my own HD combo.

All jokes aside, I can't quite tell when the replay went funky. It seems like the whole game is sort of off, even before the HD combo. But if memory serves me right, I think I landed that HD combo, hence the reason why I was doing reverse DPBs and DPCs after the HD was dropped.