Author Topic: Tekken tag 2 better than troll fighter 4  (Read 3621 times)

Offline sexyfella

Tekken tag 2 better than troll fighter 4
« on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
hey everyone as everyone probably knows tekken tag tournament 2 is coming out in a few months, i personally am very excited about this game as i am sick of troll fighter 4 with its shitty balance it could have been a great game but ono the troll ruined it by mixing street fighter 2 and 3 as well as throwing a bit of ex3 in it.

I am getting of topic here anyway is anyone else excited about this game i hope the community for tekken in this country is as big as street fighter which to be honest isnt that big. however the game will be far superior than street fighter 4 gameplay and online play wise just my opinion though.

sojiokitaau

Re: Tekken tag 2 better than troll fighter 4
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
I just can't get into 3d fighters. Tried playing VF5 and I was so confused, may as well have been playing an RTS for all I knew.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
I've never played Tekken before (apart from like 5 minutes of Tekken 2 or something about 10,000 years ago), but i'm interested in at least trying this one out. Always been a VF fan, but I'm keen to see what that 'other game' is like.

Offline sexyfella

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
Yeah it is going to be hard to adjust to a 3d fighter though as ive been playing sf for quite a while however i have a feeling that tekken tag 2 will turn out to be a very good game as Harada the producer is getting everything right especially the part about no dlc characters and the game will come out with tons of stuff i just hope that people will play online or i will have to go back to sf4 which i really dont want to lol but i like fighters so i wont have a choice

sojiokitaau

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »
I'm just worried it has too many characters. Doesn't Tekken already require you to know frame data for like every character to be competitive? Not necessary in SF. Don't care about DLC, I understand it's the new business model and Namco will go down the same route as EA, Capcom, etc sooner or later.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:01:37 AM »
Street Fighter 4, especially the current iteration, has excellent balance, I have no idea what you're talking about. The primary complaint about the game in terms of balance is that if you want to play seriously, you probably need to have 2 characters you can play at a good level, because of the amount of matchups in the game.

Also Ono is a series producer. He is responsible for very little of what actually goes into the meat and potatoes of any game he works on, so complaints about gameplay and balance have nothing to do with him. If anything, you should be thanking him for starting the fighters resurgence with 4.

Tag 2 looks sick though. Won't play it because P4 is dropping soon.
Play Skullgirls

Offline sexyfella

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
Son you sound as if you are an employee of capcom i presume you havent played other street fighter games prior to street fighter 4 or you wouldnt be praising sf4 as much as you are doing now. Ono may have jump started the fighting scene however tekken was still doing very well in its own right and the reason people loved sf4 was that it was a new street fighter game after 10 years i reckon any garbage fighting game would have been as popular just  with the title street fighter in it.  But i dont care anymore about sf4 i just am playing it until tekken comes out

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
Im looking forward to the net code more than anything, I heard it was based off the SC5 netcode which was excellent
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

sojiokitaau

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »
I heard SC5 netcode is actually nothing special, just that the game itself had the most lenient input requirements of any fighting this generation.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
Son you sound as if you are an employee of capcom i presume you havent played other street fighter games prior to street fighter 4 or you wouldnt be praising sf4 as much as you are doing now. Ono may have jump started the fighting scene however tekken was still doing very well in its own right and the reason people loved sf4 was that it was a new street fighter game after 10 years i reckon any garbage fighting game would have been as popular just  with the title street fighter in it.  But i dont care anymore about sf4 i just am playing it until tekken comes out

I think you have no idea what you're talking about :-/
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
I know he's got no idea.

Offline sexyfella

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »
so kyle are you saying that your opinion is right and mine isnt if thats the case then why bother replying to my post.  now im pretty sure you never played cvs 1 and 2 or third strike which were superior games than sf4 however they had a steep learning curve for the general gamer lol im pointing at you kyle ! go play your beloved sf4 and dont bother replying

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
You are a very strange person.
Play Skullgirls

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 05:08:58 AM »
But don't forget there are many like him all over the world.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »
SSF4 AE 2012 is balance. Some people probably think it is not balance because some characters have different features and strengths than each other e.g. dive kick, mix ups, uppercuts but that doesn't mean you can't win. If you have a strategy to beat the character you versing you can win. In fighting games you can't really go into a match and just start doing random things hoping they work, it wont work because strategy and match up experience from the player always wins.

Like people say practice makes perfect so spending time in training mode practicing your links and learning some new "technology"of your character really pays off.

Overall fighting games are games that will always try to make yourself improve even if you think your good enough and at the same time know how to play the game. If your a type of person who doesn't have the patients to improve yourself than I can honestly say fighting games is not for you.

anyway if your a casual player  then you shouldn't really care if the game is balance or not because the main reason why your playing this game is to have fun.  If your a tournament player then that's another story