Author Topic: Tekken tag 2 better than troll fighter 4  (Read 3628 times)

sojiokitaau

Re: Tekken tag 2 better than troll fighter 4
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 01:32:08 PM »
SF4 is balanced compared to other fighting games, but fighting games in general don't a have great track record in this dept. do they?

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
it can be argued that super turbo is balanced in a way(dont get me wrong, some characters are 'better' than others).
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
Balance in fighting games is weird anyway. "Balance" in a traditional PC gaming sense means every characters (or race) is viable.

But in fighting games, I would honestly argue that games like MvC2 are balanced, not because every character is viable (they're not), but because there is not one dominant strategy that is uncounterable. Kinda hard to explain, but the game can have Magneto/Storm/Psylock vs Cable/Sentinel/Commando...it's an interesting thing to think about.

I really don't think "balanced" should just mean "every character is viable." I think we need a better word...something that means "is suited for competitive play." Because 3S is suited for competitive play, but that game doesn't have traditional "balance."

Help me out here guys :-/ 
Play Skullgirls

sojiokitaau

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
Balance in fighting games is weird anyway. "Balance" in a traditional PC gaming sense means every characters (or race) is viable.

But in fighting games, I would honestly argue that games like MvC2 are balanced, not because every character is viable (they're not), but because there is not one dominant strategy that is uncounterable. Kinda hard to explain, but the game can have Magneto/Storm/Psylock vs Cable/Sentinel/Commando...it's an interesting thing to think about.

I really don't think "balanced" should just mean "every character is viable." I think we need a better word...something that means "is suited for competitive play." Because 3S is suited for competitive play, but that game doesn't have traditional "balance."

Help me out here guys :-/

The word you're looking for is maybe broken. Yes, 3s and MvC2 aren't completely broken. There isn't 1 character/team that automatically wins all the time, but they are very poorly balanced compared even to SF4 and MVC3.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 03:12:06 PM »
But MvC2 is broken, that's why its fun  ;D
Play Skullgirls

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
whats mvc2? oh you mean x-men vs captain commando?
nah seriously, there are some good examples on YouTube where a low tier team beats a high tier team.
it depends on the strategy, play style aswell.
I also agree mvc2 is balanced, 'broken' as there is alot of hard shit to get around but they usually all can be countered.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
I don't play SF4, but I understand that to be competitive in that game, it's really beneficial to know at least two characters well. One character for your main, and then one character that counter-picks your counter-picks. I actually think that's kind of cool.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
whats mvc2? oh you mean x-men vs captain commando?
nah seriously, there are some good examples on YouTube where a low tier team beats a high tier team.
it depends on the strategy, play style aswell.
I also agree mvc2 is balanced, 'broken' as there is alot of hard shit to get around but they usually all can be countered.

X-men + Dr Doom vs Commando, Tron and Strider! <3
Play Skullgirls

Offline Trejo

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »
I hope some of you guys to pick up TTT2, or at least give it a try. One of the reasons I think most people are put of on trying Tekken is the step learning curve to get to a decent level. I personally think its easier to get at a decent level at SF than it is to with Tekken. Yes frame knowledge is a bit more important in Tekken but it's not like the concept is non existent in SF.

A bunch of the tekken guys can play somewhat competitively on SF, but I hardly ever see the Sf guys give Tekken a try.

Offline kingtua

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »
Idk if this game is comming to Xbox but if it does I'll def get it.
Ppl saying ssfae is balanced are ppl that play easy to use characters.

Dudley and ONI is still ass.

I'm over that trash of a game, ppl these days play so defensive, as I always
Felt sf4 is always a one Sided game.

Say for eg. You have sagat vs Honda, guile vs gief.
In other cases shoto vs shoto. Players will throw fireballs
And not one will give in then when  a player gets in then the one sided game
Begins, defensive vs offence its a lame game. One player always
Have to work harder than the other.

Sf4 is heavily based on matchup.
Eg. Better character, better chances of winning.

I started playing sfxt and miss playing tekken.
I should of took the step back and played the real fighting game>> tekken
rolling thunder, Corkscrew cross, Keep it classy K.O!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 10:17:47 AM »
Idk if this game is comming to Xbox but if it does I'll def get it.
Ppl saying ssfae is balanced are ppl that play easy to use characters.

Dudley and ONI is still ass.

I'm over that trash of a game, ppl these days play so defensive, as I always
Felt sf4 is always a one Sided game.

Say for eg. You have sagat vs Honda, guile vs gief.
In other cases shoto vs shoto. Players will throw fireballs
And not one will give in then when  a player gets in then the one sided game
Begins, defensive vs offence its a lame game. One player always
Have to work harder than the other.

Sf4 is heavily based on matchup.
Eg. Better character, better chances of winning.

I started playing sfxt and miss playing tekken.
I should of took the step back and played the real fighting game>> tekken

People play defensive at first then offence coz they are either feeling the player out which is something you see in tournaments. Another reason especially in shoto vs shoto match up is you dont know what the player is going to do straight away after it says "Fight" so basically it's safe to take a step back instead of throwing out a fireball straight away coz you might get punish for it. Another reason people play defensive is coz of the character they are using or in certain match ups. take Guile for example, he is most recognizable as a defensive character than controls the spacing of the match by using his normal moves to poke people away.

Playing Street Fighter there is something that everyone needs to know and that is just because you play the game alot, it doesn't mean you are better than that person. Why? Playing Street Fighter or any fighting games you need strategy and match up experience on characters to beat the player. You are versing a human who is smarter than a CPU so think about that

If you want to be the best learn to LOSE and I mean LOSE alot. Alot of top players have lost alot of times but now they are recognize as top players. Why? Because they learn from their mistakes. It is something people need to understand in playing fighting game and EVEN OUT THERE IN THE REAL WORLD WHEN SOCIALIZING WITH PEOPLE.

I honestly feel if the player doesn't accept his or her losses they will never improve

EDIT: I think what I wrote down is a bit of a Deja vu lol

Offline kingtua

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »
I dropped tekken for sf4 and never went back

I've played sf4 since release, I understand what your saying  mate.
But really the game is still a one sided fight and the top tiers really stand out.

What I'm saying is, sf4 is ass to me now, Im trying other fighters.
and considering going back to tekken.

rolling thunder, Corkscrew cross, Keep it classy K.O!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »

But really the game is still a one sided fight and the top tiers really stand out.

IMO fighting games will ALWAYS have the best characters no matter how many nerfs or buffs characters get. I can guarantee you that you might feel the same way in TTT2 like you are in Street Fighter.

Don't say that I didn't tell you so  :P

Offline sexyfella

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »
Kingtua mate i feel ya i knew i wasnt the only bloke in this country that got sick of ssf4 hahah

sojiokitaau

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
Can I just say this game looks stunning.

I mean, absolutely beautiful.

In that way it's much better than SF4.

I hope a PC version is released which isn't hindered by the anqituated technology in consoles now.