Linked Events

Author Topic: [NSW] OzHadou presents, YSB13 - 11th August 2012  (Read 4715 times)

[NSW] OzHadou presents, YSB13 - 11th August 2012
« on: July 26, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
Hey guys,

Here are the details for the next event =]

Details
Date: Saturday 11th August, 2012
Time: 12pm - 11pm
Entry Fee: $15

The doors open at 11.30am so we can start setting up. If you're bringing setups, it is recommended that you come at this time so you can set your stuff up as well. Also, if you plan on parking downstairs you will have more chance of getting a spot if you're early.

You are free to move about any setup you like playing various casual games, though in the interest of fairness and ensuring everyone gets games in, please restrict your casual matches to the best of three games, before swapping out with someone who is waiting. Winner stays on.

Bring Your Own Controller (BYOC)
To prepare for future major events like OHN and aligning ourselves with EVO, setups provided by OzHadou for casual and tournament play will not have any controllers (sticks/pads). If you want to play on these setups, you will need to plug in your stick or pad. There will be no spare controllers available. On the slight chance that people aren't using their stick or pad, you can ask them for permission to borrow it. Keep in mind they are allowed to refuse. Guilt tripping them will not be tolerated. Alternatively, if you have made arrangements beforehand with your friends to share sticks that's fine as well. Seriously though, save yourself the hassle and carry a back pack with a stick/pad in it.

OzHadou setups are all Xbox360. For those people who are bringing their own setups that use other consoles, sticks should be provided.

Tournaments

KOF13
Entry fee: $5
Start time: 2pm
Format: singles, default settings, double elimination, best of 3 games
Other: white Stage soft bannable on request. If you pick random, players can agree on what they want to do, otherwise just rematch. This tournament is part of the ranbat season and thus the prize money will be pooled.

UMVC3
Start time: 3.30pm
Other: this tournament is part of the ranbat season and thus the prize money will be pooled.

SSF4AE2012
Start time: 5pm
Other: this tournament is part of the ranbat season and thus the prize money will be pooled.

VF5FS
Start time: when the AE tournament starts finishing up
Other: loser can change character and request stage change. Top 3 players will split the prize money 70/20/10.

How to Get Here
The venue has directions here: http://www.99onyork.com.au/YORK/client/GeneralContent/c_singleDynamicPage.jsp?pageName=How%20to%20Get%20Here. If you're catching public transport, get off at Town Hall Station or the Queen Victoria Building (QVB). When you arrive at 99 on York, head through the automatic doors on the left (not the ones that lead into the club) and take the lift to level 2. When you get out of the lifts, we are to the right.

Parking
The venue also offers parking. Details can be found here: http://www.99onyork.com.au/YORK/client/GeneralContent/c_singleDynamicPage.jsp?pageName=Car%20Parking. The parking entrance is located at 168 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000. The rate is $20 non-members for the whole day. Please note: you will need to hand your keys to the car park manager. As mentioned before, you will probably need to get in early for parking as other rooms may also be booked.

There are other car parks around the area if you don't like the idea of handing them your keys and for cheaper too.
http://www.secureparking.com.au/CarParkMap.aspx?regionid=36 (Cinema Centre is $10 for the whole day)
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/sydney-city-south
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/darling-harbour (Darling Quarter is $7 for the whole day)

Also, please let us know if you're able to bring gear so we can gauge setups.

Thank you for all your support at these events so far, hope to see you there!

- Spencer and Shane
HELLO MY NAME IS SPENCER.

Offline Toto

Re: [NSW] OzHadou presents, YSB13 - 11th August 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »
Yeah I'm in there! Glad to have it again so soon. Wish it could be fortnightly :(

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
ALREADY!? Fuck Yeah!

I'm in like Flynn for Virtua Fighter and KOFXIII. I might even make my return to UMVC3 this time, it's been too long since we saw scrubby Ghost Riders at YSB!

Offline kientan

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
VEFU!
DON'T A PRO. BECAUSE BEING ONE IS TOO HARD.

Offline Static

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:59 AM »
Should be able to make this one... hopefully.
Running at 400RHPM (Random headbutts per minute)

Offline kientan

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »

Dreaming
DON'T A PRO. BECAUSE BEING ONE IS TOO HARD.

Offline Rip The Jacker

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 11:43:35 AM »
I am going to spend some time loitering around the UMvC3 tables at this YSB. I've never played the game before, but it looks like a lot of fun. I don't know if I have the heart to learn a whole new game, but it's at least fun to watch ;p
Oh, no, I'm just some guy ... RULER OF THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8!!

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »

@____@
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 03:49:45 PM »
Is there going to be a gimmick KOF tourney? Character Raffle?

Offline jarop

[NSW] OzHadou presents, YSB13 - 11th August 2012
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »
Is there going to be a gimmick KOF tourney? Character Raffle?

You bet your arse we've got another (probably free) gimmick event in the works, the feedback we got last month was really positive
We'll work out what that will actually be and get back to you
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »
haven't been to the past few but I will definitely be coming to this one. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but will the play-offs (or at least next season) for marvel be 3 out of 5? I would love to see some of that randomness gone.

Offline Vargus

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 06:20:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

Its been far too long since I was at a YSB event. Other than OHNX I think it was Jonny's Farewell that I was last there.

Anyway I wanted to know if you guys were ever thinking of running the Tournaments earlier in the Day.

I more than happy with the 2pm Start for the 1st tournament, but was wondering if the other start times could be much closer to 2pm rather than say 5pm.

I am aware of the constraints when running brackets close together. In particular if players are entering more than 1 tournament, and you are running them effectively at the same time, it really slows down proceedings. Its Situations where players are often asked to play their match in one tournament, while organisers get frustrated that the player(s) need to play a different match in another tournament, sometimes causing problems of brackets getting held up.

I gather people also want to watch all/most of the matches and if you run tournaments together it makes that either not possible or very difficult.

I am also aware of the fact that many people need time to get to YSB, so the main event tournaments should be later in the day/arvo. Also if the poplular games are played first then people leave early and full benefit of hiring the room starts to get diminished.

The reason for pointing all this out was that, as the old school SF players who know, as well as some mid generation players, I am coming up from Newcastle. As a result the drive home that evening/night can be quite tiresome after gaming all day at a YSB event.

The Drive is 2 hours door to door and I ain't as young as I used to be, otherwise I wouldn't ask to be accommodated about it.

So while I can make a commitment to come to YSB much more regularly, it makes things very difficult if the bigger tournaments are finishing late in the evening.

If there is a low turnout it can improve the time issue of leaving earlier, but it is only minimal.

I do understand that the better players are going to get preferential treatment and rightfully so.

So when it comes to my mediocre skill and the fact that at this stage it will only be me coming down to Sydney (Which isn't any different to when I started doing this in 2002) I believe that my efforts to pointing out what I have in this post, will most likely fall on deaf ears.

I understand that the organisers do need to accommodate the majority and changing the times just for me, isn't practical, I am just pointing out the difficulties I face now.

I'd love to be a regular again, but if there are any alternatives, I am listening.

There are more issues that I haven't pointed out as far as organising YSB events and trying to minimise the time. However if anyone has any different ideas or suggestions feel free to post away.

Thanks

- Vargus

AtomicX

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »
However if anyone has any different ideas or suggestions feel free to post away.

Tournament start times could rotate each month?

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »
Ah I was just going through events and found the Sydney Ranking Battles, now I get the 'ranbat' thingie.

If you could provide a link in these YSB threads  to the [Ongoing] Sydney Ranking Battles thread that'll be super! Didn't know the rules til I found it XD

So 11th August will be Round 3 then? Time to make my SFIV event debut!

I'll make it unless something breaks. In the mean time I'll get my stick modded and practice it up.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »
yeah maybe starting AE/marvel 1hour earlier would be better for me also..
Means that I wouldnt have to dq myself again for work  ;D