Linked Events

• [Melb] Chris' Club House R13 10-08-12: Farewell CCH: August 10, 2012

Author Topic: [Melb] Chris' Club House R13 10-08-12: Farewell CCH  (Read 4614 times)

[Melb] Chris' Club House R13 10-08-12: Farewell CCH
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »

Hi guys, this will be the last CCH. After much deliberation and talking to people, I think this is the best thing to do in the long-term for the community. As I've mentioned before, Shadowlogic is a another city-central venue with setups already there, and more importantly it needs everybody's support to keep running, whereas CCH was pretty much self-sustaining. Basically, it makes no sense to divide our already small player base between two venues.

I'm really, really sad to have to shut CCH down. Thanks to everybody who supported the event, came and brought gear, and hung out together at the Collingwood library. I was quite surprised when I posted on FB and on Ozhadou asking for feedback; a lot of people told me how much they loved CCH and that they didn't want to see it go. So thank you guys for your support, and your words affected me a lot. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do, and in the end I think the practical reasons for shutting it down won out.

I will always have great memories of CCH. So much great shit went down there. Pre-SS moneymatches, exhibition matches, east vs. west wars, trailer reveals and so much more. I remember all the people I met for the first time at CCH who became community regulars; guys like Burnout and Shadowfox. I still remember the first time I went to CCH and it was still in this portable building next to the library! A big thank you to the Motherfucking Founder and Namesake of CCH: Chris Dang, whom without all this would not have happened. He put a lot of his free time and effort into CCH, and I will always be grateful that he chose me to carry on his legacy.

And now I must kill it.

So! Because this is the last CCH, there is no venue fee. It is Free for the night. (What is the point of accumulating more money.)

So I will use the remaining cash in the Doraemon, (I think it's like twenty or thirty bucks, I haven't counted), top it up with some of my own cash and we'll have pizza for everyone. (As much as the budget allows.)

Also Igor will be bringing two cheesecakes, half and half each.

So!

I need volunteers. All ye who loved CCH, bring forth food! And Alcohol! And drinks! Bring something and we'll all share in the food and talk and reminisce about this great venue and the times we've had here.

This is the last CCH; let's make it a good one.

When: Friday 10-08-12 6:00 pm start.

Where: 11 Stanton St, Abbotsford.

View Larger Map

Fee: No fee- Anybody that comes gets in for free.

BYO: Screens, Xbox’s, PS3′s, Sticks are all appreciated, even if they go unused. The more the merrier. It would be awesome if you guys could leave a comment in this thread if you're bringing a setup. I will have my setup there from 6pm onwards.

For new guys to CCH:

Sample of the action thanks to Burnout:

Behind the scenes action courtesy of Burnout!

CCH 2012 Schedule:

January 13th // January 27th // February 10th // February 24th // March 9th // March 23th // April 13th // April 27th // May 11th // May 25th // June 8th // June 22nd // July 13th // July 27th // August 10th // August 24th // September 14th //September 28th // October 12th // October 26th // November 9th // November 23th // December 14th // December 28th //

Shoutouts to the original CCH banner girl: Alison Brie. (Click to expand.)

Setup Count (If you're bringing a setup please post below):

Muttons: Xbox+ 1 stick. SFxT, SCV, AE, MVC3.

Spoony: Xbox+ 1 stick+monitor. SCV, HDR.

Igor: ST supergun setup.

Syntax: Xbox+ monitor+1 TE, SCV/3S (Will be late.)

Alex: XBox setup with AE and 3S.

Chris Ho: 6 full setups, goddamn!

David Dna (monitor) + ZG (console)= 1 full xbox setup.

Kenji and Tuyet: two sticks

Food/Drinks Count (If you're bringing something please post below):

Muttons $50 +  CCH money- $30= $80 for Pizza. Ordered already, thanks for all the additional chipping in for pizza guys!

Igor: 2 half and half cheesecakes.

Alex: Chipping in for pizza.

Phero: Chipping twenty bucks for pizza.

Sharkowski: $20 towards pizza. Beer.

Chris Dang: $100, $20 towards pizza, $80 towards drinks which Street Pussy will go buy.

Burnout: $20 towards RIBS! from Encore pizza.

Kenji: $10 to pizza.

Toxy: $20 to pizza

Nick: Asian snacks.
My "chronicles of a scrub": http://beingascrub.com/

Offline Loki

Re: [Melb] Chris' Club House R13 10-08-12: Farewell CCH
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »
Will be there if at all possible, gotta send off CCH in style

Offline Sirkowski Abel

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:15 PM »
 :'( If only I started going to CCH earlier, this one will be my first, and sadly last. Will try to bring some booze (maybe smirnoff or bombay sapphire or something) though can't make much promises.
TT DANCE! Hyosung Numbah 1!

Offline Gaaraki

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
Ill try bring some booze with me not making any promises but i can confirm a little closer to date

Offline Alex

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »
Im bringing one complete setup for 3s and ae. And chip in for pizza....
My Resolve...

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 03:54:41 PM »
putting in 20$

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
Thanks very much guys! With the additional chipping in I have been able to up the budget for pizza and get a discount on the bulk buy  :D

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
Damn, I keep telling myself I wanna come to one of these before I head back to Sg
But I have to go to a dinner this Friday argh
I'll try to make it after!

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:14 AM »
We'll run till late so you'll still be able to make it after dinner Zhen Wei! Yeah you gotta come to one of these before you go back to SG- are you going back temporarily or for good?

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »
Hey dude, sounds awesome, hopefully my dinner ends earlier lol
I'll be heading back for good this Xmas man and back to th Sg 9-5 grind, which is more like 8-8 haha

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:43 PM »
Ahh back to the SG work grind and the land of the man u/laker fans. I'll miss you and your yang.

Offline Sirkowski Abel

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
Oh and I can also chip in $20 bucks
Lets make this a great night!  8)
TT DANCE! Hyosung Numbah 1!

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »
Thanks Sharkowski!

Also, guess who I ran into at Bluehouse today?

The M.F. Founder Chris Dang! He was kind enough to give me a $100 of his own cash for CCH this Friday. I'm gonna put $20 of that towards pizza, and $80 will go towards drinks, both alcoholic and non alcoholic. So big thanks to the Founder! Jake aka Street Pussy is gonna go grab drinks with the money, so big thanks to Jake too.

We're getting there in terms of food and drinks, but yeah! Anyone who wants to bring more food/drinks please feel free. Chips, cookies, wings, cookies, anything.Did I mention cookies?

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
Yo Kevin,

I'm actually ordering from a different pizza place, not Encore, but sure why not. Added to OP.