Author Topic: SSF4 AE 2013!  (Read 64669 times)

Re: SSF4 AE 2013!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 03:29:34 PM »
games balanced fine as it is atm

like others have said there needs to be a fresh lick of paint, backgrounds, sounds, something to make it more interesting

hell, add training room option when waiting in line in a lobby, ie press x if you dont want to spectate, train, then play your match when its your turn, that would work great
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
Only characters that need support are the lower C's and D's of the game.

The engine itself is close to being done, Everyone is slowly reaching the level where just about anyone with the time and practice put in to their character can do well if not win a major tournament.

Balance alterations will keep the game alive, but I'd like see a few more options for some characters and the ability to make the useless normals useful for certain situations (function for crouch tech OS etc) if you can do that and give each characters more options(not new moves just the options if fine enough) then the game can be a little more open ended, as it is characters with high ability for mixups will reach the pinnacle in the tiers because that's all that's really left, mixing the options up.

I like Seth, Viper, Cammy etc because they have the ability to properly punish someone when they read their actions. Mixups are all I'm interested in at this point. Add more to the game and it might be fun for me once again.

But if not then I'll just stick to playing 3s KoFXIII and VF plenty of fun to be had.

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
buff codys f.hk please, im sick of getting beat by people mashing jab :(

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if this is the Apology Edition for that mess SFxT and bring over Elena, Rolento, Hugo and Poison to Apology Edition.
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline zgnoud

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
Dudley needs 7 frame overhead, let's face it, Duds only has high low, make it count. Less knockback on st.hk CH.

Rufus needs 1000 stun, he is fat.

Cammy needs damage nerf. Blockstun/Hitstun nerf on divekicks.

Thats calling the kettle black? Lol... if they do that, look for a dive kick height restriction nerf on Rufus too. DO NOT WANT.
Leave her be. His low stun rating is iffy but not that game changing for me.

The only thing that should be fixed/changed for rufus is his ex messiah. They need to fix it so that it doesn't go over certain characters on hit/block at close range. Stupid glitch :/

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 07:40:41 PM »
I hope any unblock set ups are fixed. I mean not change frame, need to change from system.
because changing frame is not fix, people will find another unblockable set up lol.
faKewell Ikuya.

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
Dudley needs 7 frame overhead, let's face it, Duds only has high low, make it count. Less knockback on st.hk CH.

Rufus needs 1000 stun, he is fat.

Cammy needs damage nerf. Blockstun/Hitstun nerf on divekicks.

Thats calling the kettle black? Lol... if they do that, look for a dive kick height restriction nerf on Rufus too. DO NOT WANT.
Leave her be. His low stun rating is iffy but not that game changing for me.

The only thing that should be fixed/changed for rufus is his ex messiah. They need to fix it so that it doesn't go over certain characters on hit/block at close range. Stupid glitch :/
That requires hit boxes on Mesiah kick to change, I think all they'd need to do is make hit box down lower. Not really a glitch, it's just like Abel step kick > HP not hitting a lot of characters if they're crouching. Strange and a bit silly that Abels S.HP forces stand yet whiffs on a lot of the cast if they're crouching anyway...
please god no custom colour shit a la sfxt

ugly as fuck

give me some new stages perhaps, but if they're like the neonvomit stages of sfxt, im happy as is

no need to rebalance the game imo, but if changes were to happen, just some basic shit like gamogo said (rematch option, allow challengers in training mode etc) would be good

i would be happy if rufus was nerfed to oblivion though
Nothing too busy for stages. Keep em simple like most of the SFIV stages.
Same with costumes. Nothing stupid like Blankas alt.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

sojiokitaau

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:55 PM »
I hope any unblock set ups are fixed. I mean not change frame, need to change from system.
because changing frame is not fix, people will find another unblockable set up lol.

I think if anything it needs more unblockables. This game's too turtley as it is.

Offline CrownB

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »
Tweaking one move, can really make or break a character. If I can speak for Chun, I feel as though she is one decision away from either being an overpowered character to a well balanced character. Maybe it's the same with every other character, so Capcom needs to be really careful about where they want a character's direction to take.

I can't think of a better example than her, to be honest. I feel like you could only give her something with the compromise of taking away something else, like making Hazan Shu faster but way more punishable on block.

buff codys f.hk please, im sick of getting beat by people mashing jab :(

It's +1 on block so I can only assume you're talking about crouching opponents, in which case it sounds like you use it too often. If your opponent knows you like to Crack Kick to get in they can wait until active frames end to punish or preempt it with a focus and get an even bigger punish. Commit yourself to finding other ways to get in and you'll be a better player for it, trust me.

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
ryu needs a sweep cancel into fireball or tatsu.
that is all.
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

Offline aadm

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
If they decide to change anything, I'd just prefer they don't try and mess with anything balance wise again... Just the framework.

Rematch option after ranked matches.
Realtime ping display instead of stupid random bars.
Ability to see current NAT status...
Online training mode.
Ranked requests from training mode.
Turn ranked request back on after you un-pause in arcade mode - good bug.
More training mode options - longer record time, record slots, swap characters from p1/p2, hitboxes, choose stage since they differ in length, health regen on/off, etc etc
Button config on the char select - keep the timer ticking down though - don't want people wasting more time on there pretending they're afk.
Spectate/skip turn/IM EATING option in endless lobby
Save replays when you get disconnected/they disconnect.
Dedicated server options. Dedicated servers that could split up into separate lobbies would be nice. Even if the endless lobby host could choose an option to be an actual dedicated host you could setup your own semi-dedicated servers.

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »
As everyone's kind of said already, making changes to an already remotely balanced game could throw things off a bit.

As someone who's picked up Juri recently, I'd kill for EX Pinwheel to have 'legit' invincibility instead of being beaten out by some meaties, but on the other hand that could also be borderline broken.

Then there's the whole 1-frame BnB on crouchers thing she has going on... But again to change that by buffing her jab hitbox to hit crouchers, or buffing framedata on her already-good normals could turn her into braindead SFxT stylez mash jab-Juri...

Actually if she had the SFxT, c.HP j.HP bounce anti-air combo I wouldn't object to that since it'd be hilarious/awesome.  ;)
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline kinki

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »
As everyone's kind of said already, making changes to an already remotely balanced game could throw things off a bit.

As someone who's picked up Juri recently, I'd kill for EX Pinwheel to have 'legit' invincibility instead of being beaten out by some meaties, but on the other hand that could also be borderline broken.

Then there's the whole 1-frame BnB on crouchers thing she has going on... But again to change that by buffing her jab hitbox to hit crouchers, or buffing framedata on her already-good normals could turn her into braindead SFxT stylez mash jab-Juri...

Actually if she had the SFxT, c.HP j.HP bounce anti-air combo I wouldn't object to that since it'd be hilarious/awesome.  ;)

it gets beaten by any meaty. stand short, low strong isn't part of her bnb - hardly useful anyway. stand jab hits a lot of crouchers, and for the ones it doesn't, you can force it with fuzzy application. the buffs that would keep her from being broken, yet make her more competitive are things like: forcing both hits of short pinwheel to hit crouchers and make it -2/-1 on block (it's -4 on stand block, up to -8 on crouch due to the second hit whiffing). possibly extending the hitbox length on her leg raise making low forward - store a legitimate footsie/whiff punish tool,  faster walk speed and that's about it.

more stages and costumes would be nice too.

online is free.

Offline Cowie

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »
Most of all, Evil Ryu needs a music buff.
His music needs to change to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFJnI31NQnQ

Maybe while they are doing that, just give E.Ryu some (all) of G.Rugal's moves to balance the game a bit.  ::)
End your search, child! The "Ryu" that you knew no longer exists!

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 01:14:04 AM »
If they decide to change anything, I'd just prefer they don't try and mess with anything balance wise again... Just the framework.

Rematch option after ranked matches.
Realtime ping display instead of stupid random bars.
Ability to see current NAT status...
Online training mode.
Ranked requests from training mode.
Turn ranked request back on after you un-pause in arcade mode - good bug.
More training mode options - longer record time, record slots, swap characters from p1/p2, hitboxes, choose stage since they differ in length, health regen on/off, etc etc
Button config on the char select - keep the timer ticking down though - don't want people wasting more time on there pretending they're afk.
Spectate/skip turn/IM EATING option in endless lobby
Save replays when you get disconnected/they disconnect.
Dedicated server options. Dedicated servers that could split up into separate lobbies would be nice. Even if the endless lobby host could choose an option to be an actual dedicated host you could setup your own semi-dedicated servers.
I'm pretty sure all stages are the same length. It was thought that Overpass for example was a different size but it wasn't true.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE