Recent OzHadou.net news articles:

Ozhadou Nationals 12 Announced! Website and Trailer Are Out by Berzerk  (1 comment)
Shadowloo Showdown V official trailer! by mutton  (3 comments)
6 Reasons to come to BAM6! by mutton  (0 comments)
BAM6 Registration now open! by mutton  (0 comments)
 Live Fighting Game Streams:

Viewers: Channel: Game:

Live stream list disabled due to API Change! Fix being worked on :( (Thanks, Google! :/)

LS v1.7

Author Topic: SSF4 AE 2013!  (Read 24480 times)

Re: SSF4 AE 2013!
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 06:15:58 AM »
I've switched to Rufus and I get away with murder now.

Anti-air/air to air = 3/4 of people can't get in on their terms. Free damage, advantage after knocking them out of the sky.

Footsies = 3/4 of people can't press buttons or lift off to do neutral jump and dumb shit.

Easy mode ultra. Big damage. Dive kick. Great range on footies, they are a bit slow but it's ok.

I made the right choice.

Cammy has a lot of these but her normals cancel into a long range knockdown. Her frame advantage is broken. Her anti-fireball god mode ultra can be comboed into. Fair backdash, great reversal. I think scrubs can pwn with her because any followup oki attempt is dped by her, her reversal blows up crossups easymode. She can take advantage of basic oki and get easy 50/50s. But honestly her ex-dive is messed up.

Cammy gets away with murder, just ask a number of players here lol

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 06:16:50 AM »
character divekick gets away with murder.
Cherish the knockdown. Stop the fimble.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 06:28:03 AM »
- Dizzy meter
- Guard crush
- ST style throw tech
- Air throw tech
- Tech roll that uses one stock
- Utilise the wall-bounce mechanic more (seriously, I was excited when this was shown in early builds of Super - they didn't really do much with it did they? Who uses it legitimately? Juri? Gouken in a limited capacity?)
- ?
- ???
Into the flood again.

sojiokitaau

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
The twins make some use of wall bounces. I'm not sure who else.

I like the way there's just a bit of it, abundant wall bounces would homogenise the appearance of the gameplay too much.

One of this game's strengths is the variety of the characters and how they play. I would like to see more experimental characters like Juri and Hakan.

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 12:42:02 PM »
Would have been nice to see Gouken and Adon be able to make use of the wall bounce though. Dizzy meter might be nice though.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

Offline kingtua

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2012, 05:11:37 AM »
... as it is characters with high ability for mixups will reach the pinnacle in the tiers because that's all that's really left, mixing the options up.

Agree with this 100%, particularly with regard to Cammy; I have seen so many players with piss-poor fundamentals switch to Cammy and suddenly start (and continue to) get away with murder. Her matchups are just too easy. No offence intended to the many talented Cammy players out there (you know who you are).

The wishlists of functional enhancements put forward by Gamogo and aadm are very nice. In all honesty however, I would be very surprised to see Capcom invest in anything beyond a character re-balance at this point - the player-base that existed back in the days of Super simply isn't there anymore. Yes, tournament numbers are steadily rising, however I would argue that is more a symptom of existing players becoming more aware of the social scene. That being said, I am all for Capcom adding new console features if they are so inclined. I'm not holding my breath however.

Some other minor points:

• Seth is a monster and needs to be scaled back from S to A+ (much like Cammy).
  • Viper has too many wakeup options.
  • El Fuerte. With apologies to all Elf players (and bring on the flames), fighting this character feels so fundamentally against everything SF4 stands for that I'd argue the character doesn't belong in the game. While I accept a large part of it comes down to matchup knowledge, good Elf players are able to completely degenerate the game down to an exercise in futility with 50/50's.

Whatever the case (and if 2013 is indeed happening), I'm sure Capcom can bring a welcome re-balance to an already fantastic game.

tl;dr - Cammy and Seth need tweaking, Viper has too many wakeup options and Elf makes me cry. Capcom unlikely to invest any further beyond character re-balances.

It's not fair to say that to elf when gief is worser.
rolling thunder, Corkscrew cross, Keep it classy K.O!!!!!

Offline derrace

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
2 things I want for tubby, fix the damn messiah kick whiffing on some crouching opponents, and a 3 frame normal.

Wouldn't mind his SFxT sweep too  ;)

Offline Marble

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »
I'd like Ken's medium DP to be fixed so it doesn't get beaten out by Gouki and Gouken's dive kicks, and for Ken to be able to kara with a low move. That way, you could do kara DPs with the proper shoryu input instead of needing to end with the stick at forward. Of course, none of his lows would move him forward as much as towards + MK, but it would be cool if it could somehow work.
My saviour; Coopers pale ale bitter,
and I'm living at Liquorland 'coz the cunts don't deliver!

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:01 AM »
I'd like Ken's medium DP to be fixed so it doesn't get beaten out by Gouki and Gouken's dive kicks, and for Ken to be able to kara with a low move. That way, you could do kara DPs with the proper shoryu input instead of needing to end with the stick at forward. Of course, none of his lows would move him forward as much as towards + MK, but it would be cool if it could somehow work.
then we would be getting kara-sweeps and kara-fierce punch anti airs... no thanks

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:31 AM »
then we would be getting kara-sweeps and kara-fierce punch anti airs... no thanks

Hey man, cut him some slack. We haven't got EVERY shoto into top tier yet.

*Ahem*, anyways….

Just make Juri exactly the same as she is in SF x Tekken. That’s all I could ever ask for.

Offline Marble

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 04:57:06 AM »
I don't see how that change would really make Ken stronger, I would just prefer it from an execution perspective since I don't like using the f, d, f shortcut.

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 05:09:18 AM »
...why not just tap f then do a  :qcf:?

Offline VITRIOL

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
There's only 2 changes that I want for Makoto, for her s.hp and lp/mp oroshi to not lose a frame advantage when the opponent is crouching and for her back throw become her fwd throw and vice-versa.

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 10:29:15 AM »
Yang old damage values
or
Some cross up back (maybe not the old one, that was imba, but something better than the current one)

Offline Marble

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
...why not just tap f then do a  :qcf:?
I don't think f + MK, d, df + P works. The timing of buttons from MK to P is basically a plink, you'd need superhuman execution to go from f to d, df that quickly.