Author Topic: I just bought a new stick and pre-ordered DOA  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Sxio

I just bought a new stick and pre-ordered DOA
« on: September 20, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »
It's exciting.

Really hope it's not like SF4 where we find that the xbox version is superior in everyway.

I ordered a Quanba Ice Blue limited from Play-Asia. So I can play DOA on my PS3, and I can teach my son SF4 on the PC.

Blue's his fave colour. I love my kid. I buy him an arcade stick.

So I can spend the next 10 years pwning his arse!

Yeah.... he's gonna love me. Maybe. heh heh. The family that fights together.... something something.... ends in me winning thousands of matches against my 3 yr old. Character building!

And he'll be a beast when he's 16, if he still wants to play.

Offline hdfanboy

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: I just bought a new stick and pre-ordered DOA
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
Very nice stick i have 2 of the plain black 8 button ones myself which i added some red sanwa buttons, carbon look ball top and some custom street fighter artwork to. Im actually tempted to sell them at lansmash if anyone is interested in them. I wanted to replace them with a couple madcatz sticks instead.

Offline Sxio

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »
You wanna do a swap for one of them?

I've got a mad catz TE round 2 for xbox 360. It's got a smoke bubble top, 6 white with black border buttons and 2 grey with black border buttons.

I also have all the original buttons and ball top if you'd prefer stock.

That would solve my problem, I'd then I'd have 2 sticks that can talk to both my pc and ps3. Plus x360 for tournies.

So my kid could get smashed on both PC and PS3! That's love in my household. (just joking, that's the worst way to learn, I'll go easy on him in everything).

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:51:28 PM »
And he'll be a beast when he's 16, if he still wants to play.
Yes it is a good idea to train him now, he will become godly as such as I.
But make sure he gets a quality education  :p:
Please governor, I don't smoke
Stay Gold.

Offline hdfanboy

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 03:36:25 AM »
You wanna do a swap for one of them?

I've got a mad catz TE round 2 for xbox 360. It's got a smoke bubble top, 6 white with black border buttons and 2 grey with black border buttons.

I also have all the original buttons and ball top if you'd prefer stock.

That would solve my problem, I'd then I'd have 2 sticks that can talk to both my pc and ps3. Plus x360 for tournies.

So my kid could get smashed on both PC and PS3! That's love in my household. (just joking, that's the worst way to learn, I'll go easy on him in everything).
I'd be interested for sure. Did you want to meet at lansmash next weekend sometime and ill have it there with me. I also have all the stock buttons and artwork i can give you if you like.

Offline Sxio

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »
Love to, but I'm not making Lansmash sorry. Got some annoying stuff on saturday that I can't get out of, and that's SF4 day.

I was actually just in sunnybank today. What about wednesday? That's my day off. If you're free, I'll bring it in and show you?

I'm not too fussed about stock vs non-stock. At least let me see your stick first and then we'll decide. I might want to keep my ball top handle... it's served me well.

Offline hdfanboy

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
I get home from work at 3pm during the week so anytime after say 3:30pm is fine. Balltops im not to worried about i have about 8 spare ones so ill chuck one of those on if we do end up swapping. Ill pm you my address if that time is good for you.

Offline Sxio

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
PM sent. Let's see what we can do.