Linked Events

• MELB - Boxhill Beatdowns: November 17, 2012

Author Topic: !!!!!!!!!Boxhill Beatdowns Saturday Monthly!!!!!!!!! 17th Nov  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Heavy Weapons

!!!!!!!!!Boxhill Beatdowns Saturday Monthly!!!!!!!!! 17th Nov
« on: November 05, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »
BOXHILL BEATDOWNS Monthly SSF4AE :

Watup peeps, we are back! After some thought and negotiations with management we have decided to move boxhill to Saturday afternoons once a month and make a few changes . We have increased the entry fee by $5 dollars in order to create a better prize pot. You will also notice that the winnings are now split 60/30/10 whereas it used to be 70/30.

In addition to this Boxhill management has been very generous and offered a $200 POT BONUS. THAT'S RIGHT.. A $200 POT BONUS!

This means a $300-$500  cash prize pool depending on the numbers! And it doesn't STOP there. Our friends over at Madman Entertainment have also jumped on board to support with some prizes for top 8 as well a door prize. I cannot stress this enough. Boxhill Beatdowns is one of the longest  running tournaments for fighting games in Melbourne People need to show up in force i'm not expecting 16-25 entrants I demand that a 32 man bracket is filled and perhaps not even be enough to accommodate for the numbers. It's once a month on a saturday afternoon we used to run tournaments that numbered in the 50 range!! Tell your friends to tell their friends!!!. There's been murmurings of "oh the pots not much", "it's too hard on a weeknight", "It's not worth the travel time cos even if you win the pot is small and only the top two get any prizes",  "i can't do anything with my night because it runs too late". No more excuses! Also since it's a saturday it's $1 for 2 games even better! Boxhill Beatdowns is back and once again. If you are serious or love street fighter 4 you will be there! SUPPORT THE SCENE

Saturday 17th November.
Tournament starts: 1:30pm (registration from 12.00 on wards)
Where: 609 Station Street, Box Hill Vic 3128 (See map below)
Fee: $10 per player. Machines will be put on free play during tournament.
Prizes: Cash prize ratio 60/30/10 of the sign-up pool less matches played.
Tournament Format/Rules:
1 Match (Best of 5 rounds)
Character Lock (Players may only use one character the entire tournament)
May change ultra in between matches
Double Elimination
NO Double Jeopardy

Lets see who is the best in Melbourne now...
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline bort

Re: !!!!!!!!!Boxhill Beatdowns Saturday Monthly!!!!!!!!! 17th Nov
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
can't wait! :p: :p: :p:
:bort:
sagat needs nerfs

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Guys made a facebook event page for it also. Feel free to check it out. http://www.facebook.com/events/523455721017634/
Oi Oi Moi. Best Crunch Heavy Punch in melbourne! fimblers and fimblettes get slapped silleh!

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 04:21:50 PM »
Quick announcement guys. Thanks to Madman Entertainment we are giving away a small door prize. Anybody who enters the tournament will have a chance to win  :)

Offline steelz

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »
I am even tempted to go and I'm not from Melbourne.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:42:55 PM »
If you come down i'll do 80's babies live for ya   8)

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »
Jealous as **** right now. You Melbourne guys better get hype and sign up.

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »
Haha come down Norm :P Haven't seen ya in ages man.

Offline steelz

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
I might come down for this. Need to sort a few things out in Melbourne too.

Backpacker Budget accommodation. Is it any good and is that near the tournament place? I also need to go to a Kittens strip club which is a 2 min walk from the backpacker budget accommodation. Or does any one else know better accommodation that is both near Kittens strip club and the tournament place? Cheers

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
I think theres a few backpackers in the cbd. Easy to get to there from the city. Just jump on the Belgrave line and get off at boxhill station. Theres two kittens strippers. One in south melbourne which is close to the cbd and one in caufield but i don't know where that is.. Best bet is cbd just not sure about public transport to south melbourne.

Offline VITRIOL

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
Just a bit of additional info for you guys, The winners, losers and grand finals will all be best-of-3 games (best-of-5 rounds each game).

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday  ;D

Offline Heavy Weapons

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:20 PM »
Tomorrow Ladies n gents!!!!! Should be a big tourney . Alotta talk going down. I wonder who's gonna win this interesting to see.