Author Topic: [AUS]OzHadou Nationals DIY Thread  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Gilbagz

Re: [AUS]OzHadou Nationals DIY Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 10:53:04 PM »
Hi how do these DIY tournies work?
I'm interested in getting an MK side tournie at OHN11 since the game is technically legal despite it not being reclassifed yet, but i'm not really sure of the rules and such.
Are we allowed to just bring some set ups and run our own event on the day?
Assuming not, who should I speak to in regards to organising a Mortal Kombat tournament?

http://ohn.ozhadou.net/ohn11/

Queries: email ohn@ozhadou.net

In short, a DIY tournament is exactly that - DIY. We supply a table and an area in which to run your tournament, you do the rest. This requires you to bring power cables, screen(s), console(s) and required software. Additional things to consider are speakers and any equipment needed to run or advance brackets (laptop, pen and paper, etc) and also to begin recording entries and so on.

Some folks run DIYs haphazardly on the day (i.e. yelling over the microphone 'DIY being Pitfighter being run in 45 minutes please see <some dude>') and some run them very formally, though we encourage you to review the timetable for formal tournament brackets to avoid scheduling conflicts. This year we are very strict with no-shows to tournament matches due to how tightly schedules are bound to the venue open hours so Joe Player being busy in a DIY tournament when his formal Tekken or SFIV match is being called will likely find his tournament match forfeited.

The legality of MK is an interesting hurdle (again) so we'll need to discuss internally what our position is with the game and whether we can permit its use among DIY tournaments. Will let you know the outcome of this soon.
So any updates on whether or not MK would be permitted?

Offline Ziggy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ozhadou.net
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
Attention all DIY organisers for OHN11!

Please follow the instructions in this thread to secure space at OHN11 for running your DIY tournament.

Ad hoc space will NOT be available this time. Only those allocated space via the application process will be able to setup DIY events in the OHN venue.

Offline insomniac

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »
Anyone from Syd willing to run a SFxT DIY so the winners can use the points at EVO?
Keep in mind it's the new SFxT version, not the old one

Offline Mike The TV

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
If there's sufficient interest to justify it, I would like to run a DIY Super Hexagon tournament. (1 PC station, 8-16 players)

Relevant Q&A

Q: What is Super Hexagon?

Q: Why should I play it?

A: It should get your reactions firing ahead of the fighting games. It's also wicked fun on its own. The tournament shouldn't take very long and it should be a good, chilled out side activity, except for when you're playing and it demands the most intense focus you've ever deployed.

Q: Is this going to be hype?

A: OH FUCK YES.
"He'll just keep crouching there. I can jump in free. Nothing can possibly go wrong. He's Dee Jay, my character is higher tier than Dee Jay."
- Opponents, about me.

Offline jarop

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:35:28 PM »
If there's sufficient interest to justify it, I would like to run a DIY Super Hexagon tournament. (1 PC station)

I would so enter that
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »
That game looks intense. I would also enter this DIY.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog