Author Topic: OHN11 Results  (Read 5301 times)

Offline jarop

Re: OHN11 Results
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
I'd personally like to thank every single KOF player that played this weekend. With every state that registered for OHN being present in the top 8 (with the top 4 having reps from 4 different states!) it's pretty clear just how fierce the competition is for our game. Congrats to Colin for clutching it out and congrats to everybody who helped build the scene to what it is today.

Special mention must go to Pr1nce and Dark Chaotix for helping me run the brackets (along with everybody who helped track down players and stay for the duration of their pool) as well as Dave, Will, Luke, Jacob and everybody else that supplied gear - Hitting 7 set-ups was a great achievement. I know there were a couple of issues with how things were run on the weekend, namely the empty set-ups during pool A and the hasty semi-finals, but your feedback has been taken into account and we can only try and improve on that for next year.

Shout-outs as always to Spencer, Ziggy and Shane for a gdlk event and shout-outs to interstaters for being so gdlk in general. We've got an amazing community, I hope we never change!

Until the next major :p:
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Time for my write up, but I'm never good with these things.

After 2days of dying in bed, finally back at work and back to reality.

Most of of the people I would like to thank, have already been done so.
Organizers, Stream/Commentary, Volunteers.
All you guys know that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Without you guys, OHN can't happen.

Thanks again to the stream monsters, whether you are local, or from overseas.
It's great to see all the people interested in our Road to Evo major!

Also a very personal thanks to everyone that entered Third Strike.
It was the most hype year for 3S DIY.

Notable players that I must give props to:
Zgnoud - You have improved significantly since we last played, and out MM was so close and fun!
Toxy - You really surprised me with your level of solid play, I would have lost for sure, if you continued to play the game.

Highlight:
Winning all my MMs (except THAT one.....)
Beating my buttercup rival Carnage in pools <3

3v3 Exhibition (too much fun and hype!)
I loved the feeling or the crowd behind my back chanting EI EI EI! (then I dropped it....)
I could hear it through my headphones! It was insane!!

Final highlight is something anyone can guess.
Winning 3S - Anyone that has known me throughout my gaming career, knows exactly how important this game is to me. All my closest friends in life, come from this game.
This was the first 3S major I have ever won. I waited 6years for this, and I was almost brought to tears.
To my dear friends MN, Yohei and Thirdeye, thank you all for always helping me keep this game alive.
This medal is for all of you.

Lowlights:
THAT money match.
NOT making top4 in AE.
Having to play all Syd in my top16 brackets for AE.
Looking heaps free/fraudulent in VF.

All in all, although there is some salt left in the mouth, along with a lot of viruses in the throat, came out of this weekend very happy and satisfied.

See you all at BAM :p:

Offline PyroZeroX

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pyrozerox.com
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »
You can delete this post if you merge it into OP =]
Someone else can do marvel.

SF4 AE
----
VIC
1st: gb
2nd: SL.Sol
3rd: DB ToXY

NSW:
1st: ShangTsung
2nd: robsux
3rd: Genxa

QLD:
1st: Glassy / Sole Academy | Deathwish
2nd: Tyrone / Combofriend
3rd:

WA:
1st: Guillotine-Fist
2nd: Australia's Worst Balrog / Derrace
3rd: Testikills / disABELer / MickaThaKid / NefeliousG / Mercury

SA:
1st: Falco
2nd: Mooseking
3rd: MiracleMilk

ACT
1st: Vlade

CAN
1st: Mike the TV

NZL
1st: Gamogo

1st: [VIC] gb
2nd: [NSW] ShangTsung
3rd: [VIC] SL.Sol
4th: [NSW] robsux
5th: [NSW] Genxa
5th: [VIC] DB ToXY
7th: [NSW] Punk
7th: [VIC] Zgeus
9th: [VIC] Phero
9th: [NSW] kientan
9th: [VIC] CARNAGE
9th: [NSW] vindk8
13th: [VIC] P.Heavy Weapons.P
13th: [VIC] SL| Subject
13th: [VIC] SG<3PyroZeroX (Not SL because he's a nobody)
13th: [SA] Falco
17th: [NSW] bbbenson
17th: [NSW] Fumble Fungers
17th: [NSW] Afterdeath
17th: [NSW] Sobanoodles
17th: [VIC] Muttons
17th: [NSW] furyblitz
17th: [VIC] Muzztekk
17th: [VIC] Somniac
25th: [WA] Guillotine-Fist
25th: [ACT] Vlade
25th: [NSW] Mike Hawke
25th: [CAN] Mike the TV
25th: [NSW] Huck
25th: [SA] Mooseking
25th: [VIC] Kisou
25th: [NSW] thirdeye
33rd: [VIC] SL| Vitriol
33rd: [NSW] ayyitsrobert
33rd: [QLD] Glassy
33rd: [NSW] Alexk
33rd: [WA] Australia's Worst Balrog
33rd: [VIC] Alex
33rd: [SA] MiracleMilk
33rd: [NSW] sailo
33rd: [QLD] Sole Academy | Deathwish
33rd: [NSW] Kama
33rd: [NSW] m00ie
33rd: [NSW] Saikyobatsujin
33rd: [WA] derrace
33rd: [NSW] Arnold Desu
33rd: [VIC] TB|Rossco
33rd: [NSW] maxsze
49th: [SA] A1Major
49th: [NSW] Ezekiel
49th: [NSW] Kenshine
49th: [NZL] Gamogo
49th: [SA] Reece204
49th: [NSW] Anthony Phanekham
49th: [NSW] At1
49th: [QLD] Combofriend
49th: [WA] Dr Valk
49th: [ACT] Percadu
49th: [VIC] SL| X
49th: [VIC] Berzerk!
49th: [SA] Heretic875
49th: [NSW] Yuto
49th: [QLD] Tyrone
49th: [NSW] Niah
65th: [QLD] Mercury
65th: [NSW] Hurt_Town
65th: [NSW] Yohei
65th: [NSW] Jim_gun
65th: [VIC] Ero_Oyaji
65th: [SA] Nerk
65th: [NSW] DTC
65th: [NSW] Risky
65th: [NSW] candeisis
65th: [SA] Ak3nji
65th: [VIC] Felix
65th: [QLD] NefeliousG
65th: [WA] KLAY
65th: [NSW] Renzokuken
65th: [NSW] Dannis
65th: [NSW] k3npachii
65th: [NSW] Vargus
65th: [NSW] Trace
65th: [NSW] Goodpart
65th: [SA] JimmyRiddle
65th: [QLD] MickaThaKid
65th: [NSW] hsb39
65th: [WA] TopHatUpper
65th: [NSW] Denj
65th: [SA] Jman
65th: [QLD] disABELer
65th: [NSW] LayzeeBoi
65th: [QLD] Testikills
65th: [SA] WickD00d
65th: [VIC] SL Burnout
65th: [NSW] Goswu
65th: [NSW] AtomicX
97th: [NSW] Gerry
97th: [SA] Jabs
97th: [QLD] djdelacroix
97th: [NSW] bksama
97th: [SA] mrducksworthy
97th: [ACT] IrisW
97th: [NSW] Beefersist

Offline PyroZeroX

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pyrozerox.com
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (:V)

1st: [NSW] Arnold Desu
2nd: [VIC] Antman
3rd: [QLD] Ghandi aka Low Blow
4th: [QLD] NefeliousG
5th: [QLD] Baxter
5th: [VIC] Somniac
7th: [VIC] DB ToXY
7th: [QLD] Tyrone
9th: [NSW] Jfizzman
9th: [VIC] SL| X
9th: [VIC] Fish
9th: [VIC] SL/Fray Solid Stef
13th: [QLD] Minh
13th: [QLD] Glassy
13th: [WA] [AsG]Hobobloke
17th: [NSW] bksama
17th: [QLD] Operation Donkey Punch | Triori
17th: [VIC] SL Burnout
17th: [VIC] TB|Rossco
17th: [NSW] ABM|Moca
17th: [VIC] Shadowloofox
17th: [VIC] Gab
25th: [VIC] Cambo Champ
25th: [WA] ATB|CoolzHAMYOLO
25th: [NSW] Joy Legaspi-Tengco
25th: [SA] Reece204
25th: [NSW] Jamie
25th: [NSW] Dustin
25th: [NSW] CrowdPleasingMoves
25th: [NSW] Spikey
33rd: [NSW] Dave
33rd: [VIC] Muzztekk
33rd: [QLD] Hari
33rd: [VIC] CARNAGE
33rd: [NSW] Goswu
33rd: [NSW] furyblitz
33rd: [NSW] k3npachii
33rd: [SA] Hybrid
33rd: [VIC] Phero
33rd: [NSW] Afterdeath
33rd: [NSW] jarop
33rd: [NSW] Gerry
33rd: [QLD] ON|Colonov
33rd: [NSW] Lazy Dave
49th: [QLD] Jeeem
49th: [SA] Steve
49th: [NSW] I'mGoingToLoseLol
49th: [NSW] ChrisL
49th: [NSW] Luper
49th: [VIC] Loki
49th: [NSW] dr4g0n
49th: [WA] [K]
49th: [QLD] Testikills
49th: [NSW] candeisis
49th: [NSW] FaYd
49th: [WA] Choice Cuts OZTRILLYA
49th: [SA] Mooseking
49th: [NSW] MadeMan
65th: [NSW] Taasi23
65th: [SA] Garrygod
65th: [NSW] bbbenson

NSW:
1st: Arnold Desu
2nd: Jfizzman
3rd: bksama / ABM|Moca

VIC:
1st: SL.Antman
2nd: Somniac

QLD:
1st: Ghandi aka Low Blow
2nd: NefeliousG
3rd: Baxter

SA:
2nd: Reece204
3rd: Hybrid

WA:
1st: [AsG]Hobobloke
2nd: ATB|CoolzHAMYOLO
3rd: Australia's Worst Balrog

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
Still recovering from the ohn plague but time for a write up  8)

My first OHN and easily the best tournament ive ever been to, big thanks to all the Sydney guys for their hospitality, also a big thanks to the OHN team, was really great meeting you all and putting faces to names (sorry for taking a little while to realise who you were gamogo  ;D ) Big thanks to JB for the stream and venue festivities, your such an integral part of our community and I love seeing people giving you the praise you deserve!

I mainly came down for UMvC3 and was really happy with my performance considering how free I was 2 months ago, shoutouts to all I vs'd in tournaments and played in casuals.

Apologies to anyone for late saturday and sunday if I wasnt very talkative, that ohn plague was starting to take over, no sleep either, haha.

Shoutouts:

Berzerk, as always love your work mate, can't wait to head down to BAM, going to try and learn some DOA5 as well =D
Ziggy, great talking to you and finally meeting you properly, as always great job with OHN! can't wait till next year.
Genxa, great to finally meet you dude, thanks for running 3s, god I love that game!
Gamogo, great to meet you as well, I will convert you to marvel one day! =P
Yang, great job running the brackets dude, was lolling so hard at you going in on BK, haha
Youseff, what a great huger!
Weng, <3 u long time.
Goodpart, always a pleasure, FLIPPY WHIPPY! and just for your knowledge, Dr Strange was actually a surgeon =P dat PhD
Stef, gave you so much crap over the weekend =P haha, can't wait to catch up again at BAM.
Fish, great to meet and finally play you dude, I'll get you next time! =D
Arnold, gratz on the win! two years running, I got so dam hype during your match, amazing!
Mooseking, stop stealing my characters! =P
SA guys, was great finally meeting you all, really looking forward to further catch ups!
WA guys, you guys rock, always a pleasure, I'm learning KOF atm, look forward to playing you all soon, same with SA^
Lowblow, gw2 buddy! you played so well dude, well deserved placing and major hype machine for me over the weekend!
Baxter, yo those 18yr old reactions! Ive never been so hype before, your FT10 was the greatest set ive seen in a long time.
Hari, I know you were disappointed with your placing, but lets use that to improve and body everyone next time!!!
Tyrone, my training buddy! was a shame that we had to vs each other but I was happy losing to you if it had to be anyone.
Ali, yo hold that L  ;D was good to catch up dude, can't wait for BAM where you will attempt to take your revenge!
Toxy, argh when will I ever beat you! haha, sorry for getting salty over our match, I prepared for it a lot and was annoyed I under-performed after that first game, till next time!
Som, was great catching up dude, and finally being able to talk about my team and share tech! haha

Melbourne, cheers for paying for my hotel (go bax!!!!!!!), was great seeing you all, you guys have leveled up in marvel big time, can't wait to beat you all at BAM, come at me  ;D

My QLD crew, well what can I say, we trained together for months, hyped each other up, helped each other out, lived and breathed marvel, thank you all for all the time you guys put in and the training and help you gave me, I can't thank you all enough, closest group of friends Iv'e had in years.

And for anyone that got annoyed at me over the weekend for getting to hype.......hold that L

Till next year guys!

I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline SLoo|SoL

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 01:56:19 AM »
Made a recap of my matches etc from OHN,

Hope you enjoy it ^_^

http://www.shadowloo.com/event-recap/shadowlogic-solwalker-ohn11-recap

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 02:50:49 AM »
All the usual post-OHN shoutouts that used to populate this thread have all moved to Facebook now. What a world we live in.

I'll try buck the trend as much as I can :p

Sorry if I miss people. I'm not good at this.

First off, shoutouts to all the organizers: Shane, Spencer, Ziggy, Yang, Berzerk!, JB The Stream Overlord and everyone else I've missed. Like the event wouldn't be possible without all the work and effort you guys put in.

South Australia
A1/Nerk: It was great to finally put names to faces to KOF players from other scenes. Our heckling (along with The NSW Flanno Crew) during KOF finals was great fun - though I think it was mostly me and I'd lost my voice so no-one could hear me. PARTY POWER~!!! HWA Jai SKILL! SKILL! SKILL! SKILL! Axekick juggles! Shame I didn't get to play more casuals with either of you.
Falco: Also great to finally put a face to the name that I remember from like 2006 and the Kaillera/GGPO 3S and Alpha 2 days. Awesome to see you still just beating people in so many games... your Clark just had the most insane yomi reads during that SAnWA 6v6 and your Ryo's Shin Kick --> Get Lowww metagame inspired me to try pick up Ryo for myself.
Mooseking/Reece/George: So many people so little time. I wish I could have gotten more casuals or just hung with all you guys more at some point.

Regardless of us getting Reverse One Colin Victory'd in the 6v6, I still #BelieveInSAnWA

Victoria
Ali: You're somehow a Hate Monster, a Hype Monster, a massive asshole and one of the nicest dudes in the FGC at the same time. I don't get how you can be all those things at once. I refuse to Hold Dat L that you gave me, sir. I don't know if the event would have been as heated and hype as it was without you riling everyone up.
Genkibot: I never got a chance to introduce myself all weekend. It was great to see you just blasting people with all the Juri nerd combos and nerd setups that you tried to teach me months ago when I was still playing AE and Juri. Congrats on doing it for Team Juri!
Edi: Our hotel room mutual sandbag sessions were hilarious/dumb at the same time. I'm glad you did as well as you did in tournament after I didn't manage to beat you. Thanks for the little pointers on basic Karate that you gave me and reinforcing the fact that I should EMBRACE THE HATE and working on playing more/other zoning bitch characters which is definitely what I do best (and your Kryptonite)
Muttons: You came to our room for casuals, and you bought beer. No-one else but me drank that beer. Thanks.

Queensland
ToM: You're too strong in every game. I choked it up hard against you and you calling me a KOF nerd after I beat Qmar in that SAnWA v QLD 6v6 is probably a moment I will treasure. Your Marvel team is disgusting btw.
Tyrone/Hari: You guys are always awesome to have a chat to about anything. Full of advice and stuff.
Glassy: FLIPPY WHIPPY! TEKKEN BALL!!!! LITERACY PROGRAM
Baxter: You nerd.
Tri: Fuck Zero.
Colin: Ban Clark.
Jeem: The Cabra traintrip for pho and derishirous Pok Ror was totally worth it. I wish I'd bought more.

New South Wales
You guys are always crazy hospitable when PERFFFFF comes to town. We essentially dropped in on Thursday night and went straight to insane Brazilian BBQ dinner with Jaunty, Goodpart, Spencer, Benson and Melvin, it was great and it made the travel so much easier to forget.

Grats to Arnold for taking out Marvel again. The Arnold Button is such a strong THC. Keep getting better and better :)

To the Sydney KOF guys, it was great to get some casuals and MMs with different people.
AlexK, fuck your AE style KOF play. Who even techs throws in that game? Sif neutralize like 90% of my Kensou damage :p Your AA/anti-fireball game is crazy on point.
Kyokugen - we didn't get to play much but being the person getting zoned (instead of the guy throwing balls at other people) is the lamest thing in the universe.
Will - Naked Skin Tone Raiden should be a banned colour edit palette.
Cabjoy - You like Dream Theater and KOF. You make good life choices, stay cool.
Jarop - As the only other member, thusfar, of the #KensouArmy, this makes you a sick dude. If I had any way of recording, I'd try to actually compile some of the Kensou stuff I've stolen from other people into one source.

YOUSSEFF~!!!! never change. And keep organizing post-OHN karaoke if Yang doesn't.

PERRFFFFFF, Bestern Australia
I absolutely love travelling with each and every one of you. I don't think any other scene truly compares to Perth in the amount of sheer insanity we have going on. You all honestly have no idea. FAPocalypse and #Perthquake are just the absolute tip of the iceberg of Perth madness. I'm very much OTD for WA.

Derrick - Awesome work doing so well in KOF. You've been going at it hard and you absolutely deserved it. It also makes me losing to you much less deflating to know that you're definitely one of the best players in the country.
Travis - First time on the big stage. Top 16. I don't think I can even claim to be ATB at Marvel any more. I haven't had any claim to that title for months and you just solidified that with a sick performance. The day brackets came out, I said you had an absolute Pool of Death for Marvel and if you managed to get out it'd be huge. You got out. It was huge. You nearly upset ToM. I'm just going to ride off your coattails and claim that Dianella and the 6059 is The Marvel Suburb in Western Australia
Cynthia - "I should have done better but I had a bad case of tournament nerves nerds"
Kae - "I've never seen you do a legit one mixup." "I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!"
Dan - Chew. Chew. Chew. Chew.
Klaytin - If you ever get desperate or decide to get on that Macklemore - Same Love metagame, just go to Braza in a tank top and say hi to that waiter there. And he can start touching your guns again. Also shout outs to walking into a too-fashionable-for-its-own-good Marc Jacobs boutique in Sydney's shopping district and legitimately asking the sales assistant "Hey. Do you guys sell tanktops?"
Darren - Commentating with you was far too much fun. Bestern Australian Commentary Duo FTW. And we haven't been bombarded with hate (yet!!! YEAH!!!!)

This video sums up our weekend pretty well. Trouble Goat Edition Karaoke was the hypest shit. I think people just started yelling at the #AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH portion regardless of being in at the meme or not.

Much love.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline kientan

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
Starting to upload photos from weekend. Apologies for the delay. Worklife.

Day 1 is up, day 2 is half up and day 3 will be upped tonight.

You can find them here and past events at kientan.smugmug.com

Quality is not so great this year, I need a new camera.

Shoutouts to shoutouts for everyone that shouted me out and I had the pleasure of chatting/play games with. Too lazy to write a wall of text.

Special mentions to PURF and the Sunshine (smart) State.

- Don't quit Tom, just retire casually like the rest of Sydney.
- Have my man babies Glassy
- Weng, Darren and Andrew lets have a foursome sometime in a mine shaft
- VF revival activate bitches. LESSGOVF
DON'T A PRO. BECAUSE BEING ONE IS TOO HARD.

Offline Guillotine-Fist

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
You can delete this post if you merge it into OP =]
Someone else can do marvel.

SF4 AE
----
VIC
1st: gb
2nd: SL.Sol

NSW:
1st: ShangTsung
2nd: robsux
3rd: Genxa

QLD:
1st: Glassy / Sole Academy | Deathwish
2nd: Tyrone / Combofriend
3rd:

WA:
1st: Guillotine-Fist
2nd: Australia's Worst Balrog / Derrace
3rd: Testikills / disABELer / MickaThaKid / NefeliousG / Mercury

SA:
2nd: Mooseking
3rd: MiracleMilk

ACT
1st: Vlade

CAN
1st: Mike the TV

NZL
1st: Gamogo

1st: [VIC] gb
2nd: [NSW] ShangTsung
3rd: [VIC] SL.Sol
4th: [NSW] robsux
5th: [NSW] Genxa
5th: [VIC] DB ToXY
7th: [NSW] Punk
7th: [VIC] Zgeus
9th: [VIC] Phero
9th: [NSW] kientan
9th: [VIC] CARNAGE
9th: [NSW] vindk8
13th: [VIC] P.Heavy Weapons.P
13th: [VIC] SL| Subject
13th: [VIC] SG<3PyroZeroX (Not SL because he's a nobody)
17th: [NSW] bbbenson
17th: [NSW] Fumble Fungers
17th: [NSW] Afterdeath
17th: [NSW] Sobanoodles
17th: [NSW] furyblitz
17th: [VIC] Muzztekk
17th: [VIC] Somniac
25th: [WA] Guillotine-Fist
25th: [ACT] Vlade
25th: [NSW] Mike Hawke
25th: [CAN] Mike the TV
25th: [NSW] Huck
25th: [SA] Mooseking
25th: [VIC] Kisou
25th: [NSW] thirdeye
33rd: [VIC] SL| Vitriol
33rd: [NSW] ayyitsrobert
33rd: [QLD] Glassy
33rd: [NSW] Alexk
33rd: [VIC] Alex
33rd: [SA] MiracleMilk
33rd: [NSW] sailo
33rd: [NSW] Kama
33rd: [NSW] m00ie
33rd: [NSW] Saikyobatsujin
33rd: [WA] derrace
33rd: [NSW] Arnold Desu
33rd: [VIC] TB|Rossco
33rd: [NSW] maxsze
49th: [SA] A1Major
49th: [NSW] Ezekiel
49th: [NSW] Kenshine
49th: [NZL] Gamogo
49th: [SA] Reece204
49th: [NSW] Anthony Phanekham
49th: [NSW] At1
49th: [WA] Dr Valk
49th: [ACT] Percadu
49th: [VIC] SL| X
49th: [VIC] Berzerk!
49th: [SA] Heretic875
49th: [NSW] Yuto
49th: [QLD] Tyrone
49th: [NSW] Niah
65th: [QLD] Mercury
65th: [NSW] Hurt_Town
65th: [NSW] Yohei
65th: [NSW] Jim_gun
65th: [VIC] Ero_Oyaji
65th: [SA] Nerk
65th: [NSW] DTC
65th: [NSW] Risky
65th: [NSW] candeisis
65th: [SA] Ak3nji
65th: [VIC] Felix
65th: [QLD] NefeliousG
65th: [WA] KLAY
65th: [NSW] Renzokuken
65th: [NSW] Dannis
65th: [NSW] k3npachii
65th: [NSW] Vargus
65th: [NSW] Trace
65th: [NSW] Goodpart
65th: [SA] JimmyRiddle
65th: [QLD] MickaThaKid
65th: [NSW] hsb39
65th: [WA] TopHatUpper
65th: [NSW] Denj
65th: [SA] Jman
65th: [QLD] disABELer
65th: [NSW] LayzeeBoi
65th: [QLD] Testikills
65th: [VIC] SL Burnout
65th: [NSW] Goswu
65th: [NSW] AtomicX
97th: [NSW] Gerry
97th: [SA] Jabs
97th: [QLD] djdelacroix
97th: [NSW] bksama
97th: [SA] mrducksworthy
97th: [ACT] IrisW
97th: [NSW] Beefersist

Not from WA to my knowledge.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »
PERFFF is all encompasing. Don't hate, G-Free.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:09 PM »
So it's been a few days now, but I wanted to share this;

Before I took off a day either side of the weekend for OHN, I was embarrased to tell anyone at work about what I was doing, telling them I just had friends coming from inter-state (which is 100% true as well). Anyway, one guy pressed me for details so I told him and was met with genuine interest more than strange looks.

Anyway, I was expecting a few jokes when I got back, no serious insults but the usual snide comments. What I didn't expect was to walk into work and my boss to say 'Hey MadeMan! Fourth Place! Congrats!'. Turns out my team went to some of my other friends at work and asked them for my 'gaming name'. One of my friends asked
'Why are you trying to catch him playing Xbox on his day off?' The boss hurried back to his desk saying
'No, he's in a tournament, I want to see how he's going!'
Turns out they got in on Monday and checked the brackets online to see my progress. It left me with a warm gooey feeling inside.

Once again thanks to everyone for the great weekend, I don't want to name names, because I'll end up listing friends new and old alike for the rest of the night  :)

Offline FaYd

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:55:21 PM »
So it's been a few days now, but I wanted to share this;

Before I took off a day either side of the weekend for OHN, I was embarrased to tell anyone at work about what I was doing, telling them I just had friends coming from inter-state (which is 100% true as well). Anyway, one guy pressed me for details so I told him and was met with genuine interest more than strange looks.

Anyway, I was expecting a few jokes when I got back, no serious insults but the usual snide comments. What I didn't expect was to walk into work and my boss to say 'Hey MadeMan! Fourth Place! Congrats!'. Turns out my team went to some of my other friends at work and asked them for my 'gaming name'. One of my friends asked
'Why are you trying to catch him playing Xbox on his day off?' The boss hurried back to his desk saying
'No, he's in a tournament, I want to see how he's going!'
Turns out they got in on Monday and checked the brackets online to see my progress. It left me with a warm gooey feeling inside.

Once again thanks to everyone for the great weekend, I don't want to name names, because I'll end up listing friends new and old alike for the rest of the night  :)

This post makes me feel so happy.

Not gonna post a write. Already did on TZ and FB. Just want to say thank you to everyone that attended. Organisers and players alike. I still can't believe what a wonderful family we all are.

Just one thing, I have a black and grey small jacket that someone left on the Tekken/VF tables. If it's yours or you know who it's for please let me know so we can arrange something.

Again, thank you all. YOU ARE THE GREATEST.

Offline Alexk

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
Arnold, dayum.

Coolz, I'll just say that I watched a few matches of you playing >>. Plus, I know what Kensou can do since I used to use him. Any character that can do corner combos is instantly on another level in the tier list. Plus you can react to throws more easily in this game since you can see people walking towards you. No BS tick throws in this game.

Heavy, sorry mate, you're gonna have to expect me to be rusty. The facebook post before OHN was sort of my way to squeeze the last bit of excitment out of that game. Thanks for making it happen. I know we didnt MM but I like how were left. I'll be putting all my SF4 time into VF5 from here on. I'll just say that SF4 wont let me have my cake and eat it too. I think I used that idiom correctly lol. I wont completely bitch out of the game. I'll still enter SF4 tournaments but yeah, motivation isn't there to play day to day like I used too. GGs!

Derrace, you were the most impressive kof player over the weekend in my eyes. You contiuously adapted over the weekend and sealed second place. Your performance has set a new understanding of what I can expect from a player in general and that you should never ever let your guard down, even if you think you 'got dis'. Good shit.

Muttons, hang in there, mate. Ryu is strong but confidence will make him stronger!

Goodpart, thanks for giving me the opportunity to commentate with Dark Chaotix. It was an honour :). Its something I've been wanting to do for a while and it was exciting! Sometimes I got tongue tied, left things out and said things I didnt mean too but it mostly went well and I had a blast. I thought about things I could work on and I would like to do it in the future if the situation arises.

So happy with my KoFXIII performance. Was really stressed about everything to the lead up to OHN but all the practise has helped a lot. I can still see a lot of errors in my game but of course they will be changed in time. Can see a stronger player in the future. Watch out Top 4 ;)

Thanks to all the KoF guys in AU to make it a truely awesome event. To think that a game that is geniuenly great can have a scene in Australia without a netcode! Good shit peeps. Gives me a lot of faith in FGC of this country.

Melbourne KoF. Sorry I didnt get a chance to play any of you guys other than Ero. Maybe for BAM we will have some games.

SA, was a great suprise to see talented players come out here and show there stuff. Glad I didn't run into Nerks in the tournament lol.

Big thanks to Kyokugen (Dave), Will, Jarop (Johnno), Dark Chaotix and everyone else who helped organise equipment and the schedule for KOF. Everything went smoothly and there were plenty of games for people to have. Was a perfect weekend for kof.

Was a great year. Had a blast and now I'm on a high. Lets see what happens next!

Shoryuken! :dpf: :p:

Offline Goodpart

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »
I thought about things I could work on and I would like to do it in the future if the situation arises.
Gonna take that as an offer :Kappa:
fe ilnog~

Offline t00thlesstiger

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 07:52:51 AM »
OHN was a great watch from here in Auckland Nz. But then the lag kicked in halfway thru gb and shangs matches. Great event! Wish Nz had a 200 entry event...ours is 50 or so.  :'(
Deejay: "Don't look so serious Mon, smile!" B-)