Author Topic: Injjustice General Discussion  (Read 4591 times)

AtomicX

Re: Injjustice General Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
Superman's super is an overhead isn't it?

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
Just checked the movelist for Supes, yep his ultra is an overhead.

Offline FaYd

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
I was playing this yesterday and it feels so fucking weird to play compared to pretty much any other fighter I play.

There are so many buttons and features, and I can't help but feel most aren't really necessary. Stance change for example, is there any point to that button for most characters in the game? Apart from that I need to get my head around how to do combos and the 'proper' way to play the game.

Also, some of those supers are crazy, Superman's seems to be unblockable, fast moving across the screen and has armour? It seems you can punish anything with it!

Stance isn't THAT important to the game. Some characters' strings won't come out unless you are facing a certain. It's just minor things like that.

As for all the stage interactable items and such, I think they should be banned from tourneys.

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
Just based off screwing around with Aquaman and his framedata/strings etc, and what Goodpart told me about "Mortal Kombat is like 2d Tekken" i'd almost say the game has a vague Tekken vibe about it. Like just skimreading through frame-data/move properties, it seems Aquaman's fastest stand L that strings into actual damage is a high and whiffs on crouching... similar to a characters jab-strings in Tekken.

Also similar to Tekken/VF Aquaman's 2L (I don't even know what move notation to use) is his fastest move, but instead of being able to convert off of it, it's basically an interrupter that would stop strings involving highs and giving him +ve frame advantage on hit, so then he's able to start pressing buttons. I say all of this based off theorycrafting in isolation so I'm probably entirely wrong.

I'm struggling to find combovideos for this for actual BnBs and not dumb shit involving like 10 environmental interactions. Like I was playing around yesterday in training-mode and found like a super simple Aquaman combo that does like 33% meterless off a jump-in and 42% 1-bar but I have no idea what that means in comparison to what he could potentially get off a jump-in and what the rest of the cast can do for that same meter cost.
The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
^I reckon have a look at the testyourmight forums, they seem to have some BnB combos being strung together. It's the best resource I've found anyway.
Was playing a few games with AlexMD yesterday and he suggested Solomon Grundy as a character that would suit my style. I think he may be right, I've only just been able to briefly try him out and read up on him and he sounds really good.

I like that his 'trait' is just a throw that can buff, rather than something like an install trait or something. He looks like he's relatively beginner friendly in that he doesn't have anything that's too MK styled and I can't get my head around.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 01:10:57 AM »
Looking to perhaps buy this game, just wondering, which console is more active for the Australian scene in this game? PS3 or X360?

Offline stekoh

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:41 AM »
i usually find around 20 aussie on xbox active at a time, no idea about ps3

Offline Niah

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 04:22:46 AM »
fyi i'm gonna be the best player on wii u
Turning into nothing in 10 seconds flat cause the whole pc community are asses. I'm also 100% soji approved, making me 20% cooler

AtomicX

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
Can anyone find players on ranked? So far I've only been able to play people through the lobby system.

The game is more fun than I expected, I still find the controls a bit awkward. What's everyones control layout for stick?

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
I'm using a variant on what Preset 3 was:

1 2 MB
3 4 Interact

With 1,2,3 being the Light/Mid/Heavy attacks, 4 being Power.

The Walking Meme. Fruit Ninja Enthusiast. Can block Magneto. Can't block Vega.
Arguably: The Blog

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 06:18:03 PM »
Yeah i tried searching on ranked for about 2 minutes then quit and set up a private match instead.
My layout is
1 2 3 M
T

Where M is meter and T is trait. I ignore the other buttons.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »
loving this atm, if anyone wants some games feel free to add, most players online are less then pleased with me atm =P
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

Offline MadeManG74

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:43 PM »
I managed to get some ranked games in, and it's pretty poor. The fact that you have to stare at a 'finding opponent' screen sucks (waiting in arcade/practice should be mandatory for fighters now), and I didn't see any filter for connection options so I had some matches with a bit of lag which means Sinestro spamming boulders becomes unblockable.

Offline Taasi23

• Forum regular
  • 2013 New Year's Resolution: Go to TWO tournaments.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
PSN - Taasi23

Come at my Wonder Woman, bro! :D
Will fight for food/love/money/right to party! ;D

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
Yeah i been playing as Green arrow mainly  when i go online cannot really find a online match looking to find people to play some matchs with xbox tag is otakutrends