Author Topic: New Guile technology  (Read 826 times)

AtomicX

New Guile technology
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »
Saw this on my twitter feed. Cue Guile theme...

Autocorrect Flash Kick, Escaping 1f unblockables

Solarsailor

Re: New Guile technology
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »
The hells this, game talk!!! GTFO!

Seriously though, that's awesome, mad props to Steven Hawking for figuring this shit out. Now how much you want to bet that after 500 years of searching Guile players have just found the tech to become viable at the 1 minute to midnight mark right before version 2013 completely fucks it all over.

You know it.....1............2.........STRIKE!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 06:48:53 AM »
This works with Balrogs turn punches and shit too. I saw Aquasilk, an American Zangief player say he uses this for his SPDs and it actually increases the range of Gief's SPD, so he says.

There probably isn't many moves this doesn't work with.

Great find Atomic. The timing I guess is the same as your plink or kara moves. Also I saw Bison can kara out of  his dash - what a cheap cunt.

I'll take anyone on at a first to 1345657675645344934050283475207524857

Offline Rushdown Turtle

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
Let's go Dieminion!

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
Gilley shared this yesterday, which is pretty interesting. It negates a common autopilot Abel setup and also offers a pseudo-escape option for unblockables.

The "wake up with a normal" evasion method for some setups (hello Hakan) is very counter-intuitive but hey, if it works by all means (ab)use it. I suspect this is all rooted in the initial stand frame all characters are subjected to after rising which is 'disabled' if you wake-up pressing a crouching normal. Strange ass game.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline water_ling

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 02:27:33 PM »
Guile is Mr "I only need two special moves". Yeah!