Author Topic: Killer Instinct - XB1  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: Killer Instinct - XB1
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »
I for one am very excited about KI for the next gen system. I don't mind it being on Xbox One either.

I can't wait to see other characters in action though, Evo can't come soon enough.

Solarsailor

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
I for one am very excited about KI for the next gen system. I don't mind it being on Xbox One either.

I can't wait to see other characters in action though, Evo can't come soon enough.

I've been mixed although as every day passes and I hear about the tech,  I side with the XB1.

KI was a favorite for me on release. I agree on the characters, I've watched too many Jago vs Sabrewolf videos now! I want to see some of the finishers and stage specials.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
I've posted some game play suggestions for Cinder on the DHG forum, but users there are nostalgia junkies more so than FG players. Most of them didn't quite grasp what I was talking about.

I think that the most interesting character (and most challenging to make) however is going to be Spinal.

Offline kingtua

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
Dahhhh lol
I hope they bring tusk and maya.

I stayed up late to watch e3 and oh boy when killer instinct popped up I was so excited with
Joy.
I remember reading an article about rare teaming up with Microsoft I'm not sure but I was thinking, can this happen?

Also with Microsoft dropping their 24hr mandatory daily online checks I was so effin getting the new Xbox.

Although how would we know if they can jst change their policy when ever they want?

rolling thunder, Corkscrew cross, Keep it classy K.O!!!!!

Offline Cowie

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
Anyone playing KI atm?
If so, whats the player base and connection like?!?
End your search, child! The "Ryu" that you knew no longer exists!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »
Anyone playing KI atm?
If so, whats the player base and connection like?!?

Yeh been playing since launch day.
Player base is mainly f2p Jagos, Jagos everywhere :/
Challenging players are very few and far between at this point in time.

The connection is pretty damn good too, I'm playing on wireless near my router and it still runs fine with no noticeable lag.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:47 PM »
haha I thought that would happen, f2p with one character was always going to be a Jago fest. Understandably they couldn't warrant a second character for f2p though.

Solarsailor

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
Still torn between systems. With SF4 getting an update then it might be worth holding off until all the bugs are ironed out.

XB1 seems to have far better release games though.

Offline Cowie

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 11:38:10 PM »
Can you play people from other country's.
I've been told Aus to US connection is playable, which should be good for Aus to NZ etc. (hard to believe tho)

How long it take to find ranked games?
Not sure if i should get a Xbone just for KI :(...

Damn the game looks nice tho...  also added ya on steam. i remember your viper O_o

End your search, child! The "Ryu" that you knew no longer exists!

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 01:26:57 AM »
Can you play people from other country's.
I've been told Aus to US connection is playable, which should be good for Aus to NZ etc. (hard to believe tho)

How long it take to find ranked games?
Not sure if i should get a Xbone just for KI :(...

Damn the game looks nice tho...  also added ya on steam. i remember your viper O_o

I would think so, I've just assumed everyone I've played was from Australia though.
The thing is there's no region filter so it's kind of "the next game available" situation.
The net code is pretty damn good so it wouldn't surprise me if some long distance connections
played better than some other fighters.

Finding ranked games is really quick, always people playing on ranked at the moment.
There's no filter for skill level though so you get paired up with whoever and can't back out.

I pretty much got the xbone for KI :D But I did go halves with my brother in buying one so it wasn't so bad.
I suppose it's a question of how much you love your fighters, I know I'm enjoying it heaps and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.
Always new things to practise and learn so far.

Thanks for the add! Oh sweet, I left what I can only assume to be a bad impression ahaha.
Need to have some games again soon.

Offline Tophe414

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
I've had only 1 laggy match, other than that they've all been smooth as silk. I'm dying without a fightstick though. Has anyone picked one up for the xbox one, and if so, where did you acquire it?

*EDIT*

Oh, and I love getting called cheap every single match for throwing. I thought people had moved past that, but apparently throwing is "not playing the game". Delicious.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
Add me for games, im on most nights after work..
Xbl is; FixedMyXB0CKS

Offline Tophe414

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Is anyone else getting a lot of ragequitters? There musn't be a penalty for pulling the plug once a match has started, because I've been seeing it a lot these past few days

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
Is anyone else getting a lot of ragequitters? There musn't be a penalty for pulling the plug once a match has started, because I've been seeing it a lot these past few days

They seem to come and go, sometimes I've gotten quite a few in a row but they mostly seem to be new to the game.
Hopefully one of the next updates they'll penalize players for it.