Author Topic: [SYD] Good Games Weeknight Casuals  (Read 13992 times)

Offline Gilbagz

Re: [SYD] Good Games Weeknight Casuals
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Is there anything on this Sat?

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Let's go!

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »
if it happen normally Kyokugen make thread for Sat meet up.
http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=8052.0

ask Kyokugen first, but even anyone can make event anytime if u want.
faKewell Ikuya.

Offline sailooo

• Forum regular
  • combo is slickening
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 02:50:15 AM »
Also, GGs asks if we want to run tourney or prize even for weekend before SS. Express interest and tourney organisers sign anywhere.
...the monster mash

Offline Revolver

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
Some of the KOF and Injustice guys will be there this afternoon. Of course anyone is welcome to come and play whatever you want.

Offline Goldfish

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »
Forgot to bring my stick today, are the te sticks at the store any good?
Your tears are delicious.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
They're playable, Some people might not like playing with them. Xavier says he can't use them but I'm not sure if it's a button or stick problem for him.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 08:01:19 AM »
Ggs last night to Jordan, Jon, Tony & Xavier.

Jordan - I like that you immediately set up a strategy against me but Akuma air fireball is weaker than his ground version. Would have had a harder time navigating on the ground against akuma's footsies. I know you respected my hawk up close but akuma is to be respected up close as well. Next time we play I think you should use akuma's ground game to your advantage.

Jon - That U2 tech is sick vs Sak. Good to know in that situation can punish fully. Those anti-air ultras were risky. They generally all trade with condor dive or get blown up by ex condor dive so not worth using most of the time. Everything else was good, don't drop them links though.

Tony - seth can suck my #%*@. Lol fun games, when I wasn't in a pinball machine. Even if they were fraudulent matches. Looking foward to no more cross up roundhouse because i think seth damage potential will drop like  a rock. If i can say though in our fights i think you need spd more. What makes seth good atm is that he can attack from all angles and i think spd will be
 important next year as well.

Xavier - great to play the Ryu matchup against someone who is actually zoning. A big reason why i consistently lose to rob and ikuya is because their zoning is top notch. Good to learn that post ultra tatsu punish as well, it'll be something to keep in mind against Ryu for the future. Very hard to resist jumping in that matchup but its necessary to stay grounded and take that fireball chip most of the time.

Offline sailooo

• Forum regular
  • combo is slickening
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Thanks normy, also for the stick. Yeh, when you use ex, make it count, dont be obvious.

Emphasising the knockdown is what you gta capitalise on, that suggests I'd sparingly use it ex-dp or ex-grab. Mainly use for jump back condor dive or condor spire to sneakily close distances and discourage me to throw fireballs.

Inb4 don't let them breathe.

Tony: A++ offense n u dp my jumps, however, gta be comfortable to tech grabs and play a neutral game if u need to. Abel is dumb though, cos he also has command grab. Practice defense anyway.

George: let's play more vanilla, ken is so ass, sagat is so funny.

Jordan: learn to mind-game rather than jst playing solid. I know it sounds odd to verbalise, but if you can't surprise your opponent, then if they're at least as good as you, they will have an edge over you. That's why it didn't rly matter what char I chose against your akuma, I knew what to expect and you didn't adapt to my responses. Play more.

Prolly free
...the monster mash

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
What time are people usually here? And is anyone planning to go? I want to play some marvel and sf4 :(
The 17 year young monster.

Offline Revolver

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 12:41:39 AM »
What time are people usually here? And is anyone planning to go? I want to play some marvel and sf4

There has been pretty healthy turnouts for the last few weeks, people are usually there after 5pm.

As for Marvel you'd need to bring the Ultimate MvC3 disc and any patches on a xbox formatted usb. (Or better yet bring your console).
I'll bring my copy tomorrow just in case.

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
What time are people usually here? And is anyone planning to go? I want to play some marvel and sf4

There has been pretty healthy turnouts for the last few weeks, people are usually there after 5pm.

As for Marvel you'd need to bring the Ultimate MvC3 disc and any patches on a xbox formatted usb. (Or better yet bring your console).
I'll bring my copy tomorrow just in case.

I could bring AE, not sure about UMVC3, is there any patches for that game? i have no dlc for it.

Offline Xr0s-up

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
They're small patches
Like non invincible PW assist
Dental plaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn

Offline Goldfish

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 10:36:59 PM »
Ggs guys!
Fun games tonight :)
Your tears are delicious.

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 06:29:47 AM »
GG's, thanks for making me feel welcomed yesterday, ill try to make it back next week, need more practise before ysb D: