Author Topic: SSF4AE 2012 @ City Amusement  (Read 12150 times)

Offline Nost. ULTRA

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Re: SSF4AE 2012 @ City Amusement
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »

5:30 onwards Aaron.

Offline Crazy FreeRider

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
guess its TZ again...  :(

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
Where are you people? 6pm CA! Come!

Offline whatcudgowrong

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
Everyone is probably at the food court eating ramen...
http://ramenraff.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/hakata-maru-ramen-haymarket.html
 :P

Offline Xr0s-up

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »
Hey guys
Just wondering when you guys usually go to CA or TZ?
Dental plaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »
I haven't been much of a Street Fighter player since I'm mostly a tekken and DoA guy.
But I might as well pick up on this game, since I remember playing SF2 on SNES as a kid...

I have been playing Sf4. But i'm not very technical or deep with the game,
It's still a $1.15 at CA right? Loading $100 (on tues) and get a balance of $250 sounds damn good to me.

I would like to pick up SF4 AE but I heard theres Ultra SF4 coming out someday...
I want to pick up this game and have a change of games.

Though, I'm more inclined to go CA (City Amusements) due to price. But I've seen players at GGtownhall as well =/

Yeah, this is an awkward place to post about. Don't mind me...

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 07:10:12 AM »
If you don't go too in depth into the game, you're not wasting your time - you're playing for fun. When Ultra comes out some of that deep stuff will be useless, namely unblockables, vortexes and some other set ups that revolve around enemy wake up.

For now you can master the true facets such as footsies, execution and mix ups.

There isn't even any guarantee that Ultra will be available in Aussie arcades.

Offline Goldfish

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »
Ggs to everyone yesterday!
CA is awesome!
Your tears are delicious.

Offline Silhouette

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
Yeah, what Madenka said.

Play like Alex Valle. Even if you dont go too in depth with matchup knowledge and char specific setups, mastering the basic fighting skills is enough, and the best thing about these fundamentals, is that they tend to carry on to other fighting games that you may choose to play.

Its like sports. You go into a sport, only knowing the basic rules and not the situation specific strategies, but if you have good physical fitness and hand eye coordination, you will pick up the game quickly.

Zoning/footsies, mind games. Those are the "physical fitness" of fighting games. A lot of people bash Valle's outdated tech, but I admire his instinct.

Once you've gotten the basics down, and you choose to continue playing, then THATs when you aim to become a Daigo, another long time player, except this guy combines his years of basics, with todays tech and specific strategies.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2013, 05:01:38 PM »
GG's yesterday, was nice to have a SF binge after an exam.

Trevor is our hidden talent imo. The Japanese Ken player drew so many short straws in with him in the battle of dp. Priceless yolo play!

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »
GGs to Trevor, Carlton and Saikyo.

Trevor's Yun is actually not half bad now, he's no longer doing trash Genei Jin combos but still relies heavily on 3s target combos. I think the incorporation of the command grab has improved his game greatly. His dive kicks arent scary though cause he isn't converting for max damage.

Not gonna comment about Carlton cause I got lucky... consistently. Honestly I think Gen is very strong against Hawk for the same reasons Chun is. I shouldn't have won a single round.

Saikyobatsujin. I have a bit to say to you so listen up, Dan can't beat Hawk like ever. I don't see Dan ever having the upper hand in the match.

Gouken on the other hand is obviously a great character in the matchup but giving up space too quickly and getting pushed into the corner shifts odds into Hawk's favour. Also you should use U2 when you play against me. I'm bound to jump into a diagonal fireball cause I'm shit/impatient. I believe Denjin can punish Condor Dive too. You had some really great rounds punishing my jump ins and keeping me out and then you had some god awful wtf rounds where you were herded into the corner and kept jumping back out of SPD phobia only to get DP'd for fraaaay. Also don't forget Gouken's flip, I think you used it once.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
GGs Meeks! It was good to play you again!

Offline Meeks

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
GGs Max. Good to see you in the afternoon. I was afraid I was going to be either playing the CPU or children with their parents.

Btw ... why are people still wasting time at TZ?  ;D

Offline Bromen

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »
GGs Max. Good to see you in the afternoon. I was afraid I was going to be either playing the CPU or children with their parents.

Btw ... why are people still wasting time at TZ?  ;D

Ahahaha I'm used to loosing but seriously when you loose to the CPU while awaiting challengers its really embarrassing. They must have the CPU on the hardest setting lol.

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
Every game in the arcade is set to highest difficulty so patrons have to recharge more often.