Linked Events

Author Topic: [SYD] YSB #23 - 17th May  (Read 2555 times)

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
[SYD] YSB #23 - 17th May
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:00 AM »

Hi everyone,
Thank you to all who signed up and attended the last YSB. Here’s the details for the next YSB - #23~

Details
Date: Saturday, 17th May 2014
Time: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Entry Fee: $15

The doors will open at 11.30am so we can start setting up. If bringing setups, it is recommended to arrive at this time so we can help coordinate the space and power requirements for the setups on the day. Also, if you plan on parking downstairs you will have more chance of getting a spot if you're early.

Players are free to move about any game and any setup for casual games, though in the interest of fairness and ensuring everyone gets games in, please restrict casual matches to the best of three games if anyone else is waiting to play. Winner stays on.

While OzHadou and other communities are providing gear throughout the day, DIY setups are welcome for all games, listed or otherwise; the more setups, the more games for everyone on the day!

What is YSB?
YSB stands for York Street Battles - Sydney’s monthly gathering for all fighting games, which is supported for the players by the players. It is held at the central venue of 99 on York St in Sydney’s CBD.

Casual play, exhibitions and tournaments are all welcomed and encouraged on the day on a multitude of OzHadou and DIY set up games. Tournaments are optional, and will be run if there are sufficient numbers/interest on the day, with casual play taking up the majority of the event.

All players, communities and games are welcome - if there is a game which is not listed for DIY, please feel free to come and bring a setup - YSB is the ideal place to get people playing and interested!

BYOC - Bring Your Own Controller
Setups provided by OzHadou for casual and tournament play will not have any controllers (sticks/pads). If playing on these setups, you will need to supply your own stick or pad. There will be no controllers provided by OzHadou on the day.

While there may be sticks and/or pads being unused on the day by other players, and borrowing with permission or prior arrangement while permitted, is not advised due to potential availability issues - for example, you may be playing a tournament match against each other, or at the same time. It is therefore highly recommended to bring your own controller regardless; do not assume there will be any spare on the day. The good news is most sticks and pads can easily fit and be in a small backpack to the venue on most forms of transport.

OzHadou setups are all Xbox360s running on BenQ LCD and LED monitors. Please consult other groups’ organisers with regards to any other controllers needed on the day.

Registration
Signups will be taken at the front of the Red Room by YSB organisers - Myself (Kyokugen), Henry (Genxa), Jonathan (Jarop), Will (Azuzu) or Youssef (FaYd).

In addition to entry fees, tournament fees will be collected for games running on OzHadou equipment, i.e. SSF4:AE2012, and UMVC3. Any other tournaments will be arranged by their respective communities.

Games Confirmed
 - SSF4:AE 2012
 - Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Tekken gear)
 - King of Fighters XIII (KOF gear)
 - Injustice: Gods Among Us (IGAU gear)
 - Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl (Smash gear)

Tournaments (Tentative)
1:30pm - UMVC3 (TBC)
2:30pm - KOFXIII
3:30pm - SSF4:AE2012 (TBC)
6:00pm - TTT2
?:??pm - Injustice
If anyone wishes to confirm gear, or run any tournaments not listed above, please reply in this thread so I can add to the list above. Once again, the top two of any tournament run at BAM6 will receive seeding points from this YSB’s tournament.

How to Get There
Directions to the venue may be found here: http://www.99onyork.com.au/how-to-get-here
If catching public transport, get off at Town Hall Station or the Queen Victoria Building (QVB). When you arrive at 99 on York, head through the automatic doors on the right, which lead into the club, then walk up the stairs to level 1 and turn left.

Parking
All-day parking up til midnight is available at the venue for $15. A $5 discount may be attained with a 99onYork membership, which costs $10 a year (ask the front desk). Simply present the card to the staff at the car park office before using the payment machine to receive the discount.

Please note, as this is a valet service, keys to vehicles must be handed to the 99onYork staff while the car is parked in the car park. Due to this system at the venue, the car park may take some time to get into, or appear closed for periods. As mentioned previously, arriving early is recommended to minimise hassle.

Alternatives to this car park are as follows:
Cinema Centre Car Park (Centro Parking): accessible 24/7 from 521-527 Kent St and 306-318 Sussex St. $10 on Saturday if you enter before 5pm.

Wilson Car Parks: (Darling Quarter is $13 for the whole day)
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/darling-harbour
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/sydney-city-south

Please sign up in this thread so we can can gauge the turnout for the day.

If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to post them in this thread, and we'll reply ASAP.

See you guys there!

- Team YSB (DJWHY)
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Re: [SYD] YSB #23 - 17th May
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 03:45:41 AM »
Can I bring 4 ps3's and monitors 8ds3controllers running mortal
kombat komplete

Offline Gilbagz

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
kombat komplete
Hi Optimal, my name is Aaron. I ran MK at the first YSB I attended, YSB17.
Just a heads up, the scene now is pretty small, the majority of us who played it as our main game have now moved on to other games. I personally now focus on Injustice Gods Among Us, but i'll try help with anything I can.
If you do bring equipment, you will have at least 5 people who'll play the game with you. Though none of us really play the game anymore, we all did play that game religiously before Injustice came out.

I'm obviously not considering the new MK scene, which from what i've heard there is still a decent online scene.
But you should try to bring others from the scene along with you. Try message the online players on PSN.

If you need any help just shout out. I was in your position about a year ago lol. Just slowly joining up and not knowing anyone outside of my own scene.

Good luck!

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:28:49 PM »
kombat komplete
If you can bring that equipment, there should be room available to set it all up at the venue. I'll make a note to bring an additional power board or two to accommodate the setups.

As Aaron said earlier, I'd advise to secure player numbers beforehand such that all setups will be utilised throughout the day and your efforts do not go to waste.

If there's anything else let me know. It's always great to see new communities and players stepping up. ;D
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Offline Xr0s-up

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »
will there be smash?
Dental plaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn

Offline jarop

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 05:49:37 PM »
will there be smash?

At this stage no, we're down a tournament organiser from their community and nobody has stepped up to run brackets. I'm working on it but at this stage there's no Smash
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 05:44:55 PM »
I only have a Ps3 stick, what are the actual odds I'll be able to borrow a stick to play on Xbox since that's what UMVC/AE are being played on.

Thanks.

Offline jarop

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »
Smash are confirmed for this YSB. Melee and Brawl will be represented in some capacity, brackets are pending numbers.
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 11:47:06 PM »
what is the schedule of the next few YSB events?

I know there are people out there interested but they don't check the forums a week ahead and often miss out

Offline kyokugen

• Event Organisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 01:00:16 AM »

I know there are people out there interested but they don't check the forums a week ahead and often miss out
After each YSB, the upcoming date is announced in the Post Event Discussion forum via results thread. According to that thread for this YSB, the next one will be on the 21st of June.

The official thread and signups go up more than two weeks before each event on the forums, and is typically relayed on Facebook groups via community organisers.
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 11:05:02 AM »

Also worth noting that the final number of these online signups, only equate to about 1/3 or less of the actual turnout on the day.
People are just lazy about signing up, but we have made a big enough presence for people to know when YSB is.

People that aren't sure of the date (or lazy to check forums), often call me directly. Those people don't end up coming anyway.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 12:03:47 AM »

After each YSB, the upcoming date is announced in the Post Event Discussion forum via results thread. According to that thread for this YSB, the next one will be on the 21st of June.

The official thread and signups go up more than two weeks before each event on the forums, and is typically relayed on Facebook groups via community organisers.

I haven't seen anything posted for a while in groups, or on the actual Ozhadou Facebook page, or this site's own blogging system/front page.  Would love to see this so it can be more easily shared around and gives those of us who want to support Ozhadou a way to promote it to Sydneysiders we know.