Author Topic: Ultra SFIV - misc new tech, matchup ideas, discoveries, etc  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Gamogo

I figured we ought to have a thread for discussing Ultra SFIV's bits and pieces, whether it be nuances to do with new characters, old ones, changed matchups, strategies, new mechanics, etc.

I found this today which is certainly interesting:

http://watissf.dantarion.com/sfultradiff/

It gives a nice run down on every single little change that found its way into the character datasets for Ultra that wasn't necessarily detailed by Capcom. For example, Akuma has a new hurtbox during his demon flip dive kick and the third hit of his grounded EX tatsu hits a little higher now. Weird stuff like that. Kinda interesting to read if you feel something feels different about your character, but can't put a finger on exactly what.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline Gamogo

Re: Ultra SFIV - misc new tech, matchup ideas, discoveries, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:57:14 AM »
One for the Fei dudes:

Solarsailor

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »
I've noticed Rolento's hurt box is fucked up, I can't Tiger Knee trap him, if he's in crouch block, it just whiffs.

That's my input for today.

PS - Don't ya love combo videos that involve Sagat and Dhalsim ......in the corner.....with full meter. Very handy stuff!  :P

Offline Niah

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 05:46:52 AM »
vega's rolls has been buffed with FADC being on +5 instead of 0 after the dash. now i was initially thinking how they could possibly do this. it's either from a faster dash, or a bigger block stun. was found out in the vega forums of srk that the system knows you cancelled the move on block, and so it gives you a 15 frame dash instead of his normal 20 frame dash. it's so bloody weird. of course i don't have the game, so i won't know till 2 months later, but that's some food for thought i guess.
Turning into nothing in 10 seconds flat cause the whole pc community are asses. I'm also 100% soji approved, making me 20% cooler

Solarsailor

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
That must be how they changed the blockstun on the Dp's then also.

Personally even though I've been FADC both forward and back, I've not been getting my dashes punished as yet. Not that I've played a great many games of course.

When you dizzy Hugo you can't jump in combo him (even though he's the largest thing in video games). Seems you can only hit him low, kind of like Dan I think. Also I saw a video where Elena's crouching box avoided a shit ton of vipers moves including burn kicks. Everyone was bitching about it on SRK but personally I let out a little tear of joy against that flaming bitch.

Offline saikyobatsujin

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:43:34 AM »
I really don't like Dan's stand close hard kick input change to back hard kick. Although, I can now use it as a descent anti-air, it does seem awkward when using it in a combo where I need to link it to crouching medium punch cancel into fireball or dp.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 02:52:11 PM »
I really don't like Dan's stand close hard kick input change to back hard kick. Although, I can now use it as a descent anti-air, it does seem awkward when using it in a combo where I need to link it to crouching medium punch cancel into fireball or dp.

Having control over the variation of a button is way better. You'll get used to it.

Whenever you connect cl.hk it should be easily confirmed into dp or cl.mp depending on spacing and character. Too bad the recognition of cl.mp sucks, I was hoping that it would be buffed.

On Akuma:
Akuma actually looks fair and as potent in Ultra, hurtbox nerf to demon flip kick and back air fireball recovery is good. DWU imo doesn't hurt his forward throw vortex as you have all day to react to technical before the jump/flip. Far.hp looks OP... true block string into fireball and great combo extender/footsie. Cl.mk is easier confirm that forces stand --> more consistency. No U1 cancel from sweep, thank goodness, best sweep in game that couldn't be focused lol.

On Rose:
Blocking DP fadc = reversal U2, should catch all options on all (?) characters. I'll need to test in a week or two.

On Vega:
I think his dp fadc being +5 is a result of him able to cancel his dash sooner into ANYTHING. Sorta like how AE Yang could medium palm FADC forward and be +4 but still connect U2/DP (5f). When inputting specials it cancels last dash frames but not normals.

On DP fadc -5:
Blockstun/dash frames are the same I'm guessing but your character is stoned for a few more frames, so fastest possible action (block, normal, specials) all can't be done. Call it post dash recovery frames.

I could be totally wrong but that's how I see it.

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »
Looking at the diff notes, block stun on blocked DPs is reduced. At least, that is the case for Akuma.

Offline Niah

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 06:37:01 PM »
the faster dash only happens when people block vega's roll, not when people get hit though. if he could truly cancel earlier (which i don't think it's possible because you cancel any earlier and the claw won't even come out...) then he should be on a bigger advantage on hit. but it's not, it's still +4 on hit after fadc.

as for dp, that's different, it knocks down on hit. making it -5 is just simply making blockstun 3 frame shorter like gamogo said
Turning into nothing in 10 seconds flat cause the whole pc community are asses. I'm also 100% soji approved, making me 20% cooler

Solarsailor

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »
When Rolento does those wall rolls, can you poke him out of it? He doesn't seem like he's negative on block.

I did ultra one of them on reaction but I'm wondering if he can deliberately pull up short to bait stuff. Seems like quite a strong (and irritating) move.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 12:04:03 AM »
When Rolento does those wall rolls, can you poke him out of it? He doesn't seem like he's negative on block.

I did ultra one of them on reaction but I'm wondering if he can deliberately pull up short to bait stuff. Seems like quite a strong (and irritating) move.
Rollentos little hop back into rolls? I've been in training mode and only traded with Ryu C.MP. On block (stand blocking) Ryu can sweep punish. Makoto can punish EX with EX uppercut but normal ones, it doesn't look like she can punish.
Looks like EX rolls can be punished with things that go as far as Ryu sweep, and are faster than roughly 10 frames, while normal roll seems a tiny safer.
Yes, he can choose the distance he rolls to.

Training mode got buffed with memory/reload function. It's a favourite thing of mine.
Shadowloo TEC4LIFE

Solarsailor

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 01:54:39 AM »

Rollentos little hop back into rolls? I've been in training mode and only traded with Ryu C.MP. On block (stand blocking) Ryu can sweep punish. Makoto can punish EX with EX uppercut but normal ones, it doesn't look like she can punish.
Looks like EX rolls can be punished with things that go as far as Ryu sweep, and are faster than roughly 10 frames, while normal roll seems a tiny safer.
Yes, he can choose the distance he rolls to.

Training mode got buffed with memory/reload function. It's a favourite thing of mine.

I'll have to give it a shot. At first it seemed like it was a hard match for gat, but then the next match i did literally nothing but low tigers and AA and he couldn't get in, the rolls must not be invincible at certain points. Also it doesn't seem like he has a reversal? I've pressured quite a few on wake up...but nothing.

Sagat v Hugo must be 8-2 minimum, not that I've played a great one, I just don't see how that big lump gets past the wall.

Offline water_ling

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »
Elena's crouch makes his hit-box very low...

Offline GDLK|Enicius

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
can someone show me some new tech to download this on psn? I'm fiddeling with the Europe psn but it's tricky...

Offline Madenka AU

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »
Ok have an interesting bit of info for anyone who plays Hawk, point blank cl.mp, cl.mp xx lk Condor spire gives at least +4 on hit, so you follow up with st.lp.

As long as you hit spire from the sweet spot this is always possible, some hit boxes don't work as well as others but it works a dream on Ryu.

Example:
Cl.mp, cl.mp xx lk spire, st.lp, st.lp, st.mp = 333