Author Topic: Accommodation in Perth  (Read 611 times)

Offline hebretto

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
Accommodation in Perth
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:52:11 AM »
I am visiting a client in the upcoming weeks and I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of a low down on where I could stay.

They are based at Nedland so I would like to find a hotel/service apartment around the area. From my initial searches Subiaco seems to have a few places I can stay. Is that close to Nedland? Are the two relatively close to the airport?

Thank you for reading.

Solarsailor

Re: Accommodation in Perth
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »
Subiaco is a great place but expensive. Claremont is probably a bit closer and just as nice.

If you wanted to go a bit further out you've got Fremantle and Cottsloe on the same train line, those places would be cheaper.

Neither I would say are "close" to the airport (you'll be about a half hour with traffic) but Subiaco you could at least get out the back and onto the freeway. You can't go wrong with any of these places really, they are all good places in Perth. Subiaco is kind of the "Fancy" area , so if it's to impress then go there.

Offline hebretto

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:11:27 PM »
Thanks Solar. I had a look at the prices for Subi and they were way above what the client was willing to pay so will have to look around. I think I found something kind of suitable so see how that goes.

Many thanks for your input :)

Solarsailor

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:40 PM »
Thanks Solar. I had a look at the prices for Subi and they were way above what the client was willing to pay so will have to look around. I think I found something kind of suitable so see how that goes.

Many thanks for your input :)

No worries, like I said Subi is about as high end as you get. Claremont is very nice also.

Problem with Perth is that its not cheap in general and it's not got a lot of hotels. Usually your best bet is to rent a private apartment from someone that owns the house (not a company).

That's what I did for my mates when they came across.