Linked Events

Author Topic: [SYD] YSB #25 - 23rd August  (Read 1495 times)

Offline jarop

[SYD] YSB #25 - 23rd August
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:05:45 PM »

Hey all,

If you are reading this, please sign up above so we can gauge numbers on the day. We'll be offering an entry fee refund to a lucky person who does sign up here. For Ozhadou forum members, all you need to do is click "Sign Up". If you are browsing as a guest at the moment, we recommend you to sign in with your Ozhadou forum account if possible. Otherwise, typing your game name and game you play in the comments section is fine. Suspicious guest sign-ups will be ignored in the draw.

Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late setups will be at YSB for the first time, so be sure to give that a try in addition to the usual games!

See you guys there!

Details
Date: Saturday, 23rd of August 2014
Time: 11:30AM - 10:30PM
Entry Fee: $15

If you are interested in bringing DIY setups on the day, it is recommended to arrive at 11:30AM so organisers can help coordinate space and power requirements for extra setups on the day. Also, if you plan on parking downstairs - you will have more chance of getting a spot if you're early.

Players are free to move about any game and any setup for casual games, though in the interest of fairness and ensuring everyone gets games in, please restrict casual matches to best of three games if anyone else is waiting to play. Winner stays on. Please be considerate of others and ask if any onlookers whether they would like to play games.

While Ozhadou and other communities from their respective games provide gear through the day, extra DIY setups are most welcome for all games, listed or otherwise; the more setups, the more games for everyone on the day!

What is YSB?
YSB stands for York Street Battles - Sydney’s monthly gathering for all fighting games, which is supported for the players by the players. It is held at the central venue of 99 on York Street in Sydney’s CBD. All players, communities and games are welcome. Come along and enjoy the multitude of casual play from various games and exhibitions/tournaments run on the day!

If there is a game which is not listed for DIY, please feel free to come and bring a setup - YSB is the ideal place to get people playing and interested.

YSB is a Bring Your Own Controller (BYOC) event. Click below on 'BYOC' for more details. All Ozhadou setups all run on XBOX 360s with BenQ LCD and LED monitors. The consoles that DIY games run on are listed in 'Games Present' further down.

BYOC - Bring Your Own Controller
Spoiler for BYOC:
Worthy to note that setups provided by Ozhadou for casual and tournament play will not have controllers (sticks/pads) provided by Ozhadou. If playing on these setups, it is expected to bring your own controller (arcade stick or pad).

This also applies to DIY games.

While there may be arcade sticks and/or pads being unused on the day by other players, and borrowing with permission or prior arrangement while permitted, is not advised due to potential availability issues - for example, you may be playing a tournament match against each other or at the same time. It is therefore highly recommended to bring your own controller regardless; do not assume there will be any spare on the day. The good news is most sticks and pads can easily fit and be in a small backpack to the venue on most forms of transport.
Registration
Signups will be taken at the front of the Red Room by the YSB organisers - David (kyokugen), Henry (Genxa), Jonathan (Jarop), Will (azuzu) or Youssef (FaYd). Please stop by at the front desk before moving onto playing casual/tournament games.

In addition to entry fees, tournament fees will be collected for games running on Ozhadou equipment, that is, Ultra Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Any other tournaments will be arranged by their respective communities if and only if a tournament fee is required.

Games Present
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV                          - Ozhadou / XBOX360
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3              - Ozhadou / XBOX360
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2                   - DIY / PS3
  • King of Fighters XIII                             - DIY / XBOX360
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us                    - DIY / PS3
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl          - DIY / Nintendo
  • Blazblue Chrono Phantasma                - DIY / PS3
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown         - DIY / XBOX360
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late             - DIY / PS3
Tournament Schedule (subject to change)

1:30PM - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3         - $5
2:30PM - King of Fighters XIII                        - free entry
3:30PM - Ultra Street Fighter IV                     -$5
4:30PM - Injustice: Gods Among Us               - free entry
6:00PM - Tekken Tag Tournament 2              -TBC
?:??PM - Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl      - Please refer to Smashboards

Tournament attendance is optional and will be run if there is sufficient numbers and interest on the day.

Tournament fees for CAPCOM games is $5. Tournament fees for DIY games is dependant on the organiser's decision of the respective DIY tournament. Games with free tournament entry are noted above.

How to Get There
Directions to the venue can be found on this link below:
http://www.99onyork.com.au/how-to-get-here

If catching public transport, get off at Town Hall Station or the Queen Victoria Building (QVB). When you arrive at 99 on York, head through the automatic doors on the right, which lead into the club, then walk up the stairs to level 1 and turn left.

Parking
Spoiler for Parking:
All-day parking up til midnight is available at the venue for $15. A $5 discount may be attained with a 99onYork membership, which costs $10 a year (ask the front desk). Simply present the card to the staff at the car park office before using the payment machine to receive the discount.

Please note, as this is a valet service, keys to vehicles must be handed to the 99onYork staff while the car is parked in the car park. Due to this system at the venue, the car park may take some time to get into, or appear closed for periods. As mentioned previously, arriving early is recommended to minimise hassle.

Alternatives to this car park are as follows:
Cinema Centre Car Park (Centro Parking): accessible 24/7 from 521-527 Kent St and 306-318 Sussex St. $10 on Saturday if you enter before 5pm.

Wilson Car Parks: (Darling Quarter is $13 for the whole day)
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/darling-harbour
http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/regions/sydney-city-south

If there are any questions or comments, please feel free to post them in this thread, and we'll reply ASAP.

- Team YSB (DJWHY)
PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS

Re: [SYD] YSB #25 - 23rd August
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »
I'll be arriving in the city around 2:30ish, would it be too late to sign up for the USFIV comp?

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:04 AM »
Not at all.
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules

Offline Isorropia

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:54:58 AM »
Just as a confirmation - both BB and UNIEL will be at this YSB.

Offline RainFlicker

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:47 AM »
Just a quick thought, lets just say that, Oh I don't know. Lets say that I have a Stick that is getting sent from china and it only works for ps3 and pc only and have a copy of USFIV, can said person bring their ps3 in to play it oh and do I need to bring a Tv?

Offline Genxa

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:26:19 PM »
Just a quick thought, lets just say that, Oh I don't know. Lets say that I have a Stick that is getting sent from china and it only works for ps3 and pc only and have a copy of USFIV, can said person bring their ps3 in to play it oh and do I need to bring a Tv?

Hi RainFlicker, to be honest you are better off seeing if you can borrow a stick off somebody while you are there.
The tournament standard for SF4 series on XB360, that's why it's probably not ideal for you to lug a whole setup.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Offline sailooo

• Forum regular
  • combo is slickening
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »

Hi RainFlicker, to be honest you are better off seeing if you can borrow a stick off somebody while you are there.
The tournament standard for SF4 series on XB360, that's why it's probably not ideal for you to lug a whole setup.

Thanks and hope to see you there!
I'll look after him eh.
...the monster mash

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »

I've got a PS3 to XBOX360 converter you can borrow for the day. You'll just need a spare wired 360 controller to use with it to make it work. Just ask around for Betterpart or I'll try and find you :0

Offline RainFlicker

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »
Thanks guys but I have a 360 pad so I will bring that with my stick as well since i want to try out BB CP. :)

Offline fkuspencer

• GOD OF EASTWOOD
  • SNAPUBAKURU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »
I forgot to post this - congratulations for Alexk for winning the lucky door prize. :)
<Gamog0> Eastwood rules