Author Topic: Anyone getting this on PS4?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Zola

Anyone getting this on PS4?
« on: May 04, 2015, 12:35:45 PM »
Could be a could way of gathering all the communities together and with SF5 coming to PS4, it's probably a smart move in the long run. Sticks are already out as far as I can see.

Not sure if I should take the plunge. The net could be slightly better although I don't have much experience with online PS4 bar some shooters.

Offline cran pibae

Re: Anyone getting this on PS4?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 12:46:30 PM »
I'd only get it if there were cross platform play with PS3. If it has cross-platform play with Steam then it is even better, but I doubt it will (and if it only has cross-platform play with steam, I'll just stick with pc).
meat squasher!

Offline Gamogo

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »
It strikes as me as having too small a community to warrant a purchase right now, combined with the PS4 being a pretty lacklustre platform on the whole compared with the PC. I expect the PS4 to become more attractive to players once SF5's release inches closer however.

I seriously think Capcom (or more specifically, the third party Other Ocean Interactive that they are fobbing this port off to again) are foregoing a major opportunity by not crafting this release out of the gate to support cross-platform play with Steam in line with what they are planning for SF5. It would allow them to tackle any cross-platform play gotchas and issues early on that may prove to be useful knowledge for when SF5 enters its final development stretch.

The real question I have is whether Capcom/OOI are implementing the Lab Zero USB driver or not for this release. That is going to be a true test of character for me. Given their partnership with Madcatz however, I think I already know the answer to that.
So keep your bankroll lottery eat your salad day deathbed motorcade.

Offline Zola

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:14:17 PM »
I guess we won't know the community size til it hits. My PS4 has basically been used as a beer mat since it came out and I'd imagine I'm not the only one. Since I've now paid the annual online fee already (came out automatically , sneaky buggers) and the game is apparently quite cheap, I'm kind of half way there. 

My current stick is held together with scotch locks (nice Dog), so it's sort of a smart move for me from that aspect too. If I can get a dual modded PS4/PC stick then it will cover all bases.

It was interesting to see Somniacs (think it was him?) video on the comparison's of the systems. Looks like we had it wrong the whole time, and it was the Xbox that was wrong. I'm assuming the frame rates will stay the same for the PS4 version. I'd always thought the PS3 version ran like a slug but that may have just been the net.

Not that I'm expecting PC like levels, but it would be nice if a decent bunch of blokes switched across and the game was ported well. I might give it a dip anyway. I sold my X-box so I'm not going back there.

Offline Zola

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
Interesting thing I just heard Zhi commentate on. He said the back select plinking wouldn't be in the SF4 PS4 version. Not sure how they just edit that out, but they must be able to somehow, unless it's something to do with the sticks.

I don't use it myself, but most of the top Japanese players do. Especially Bonchan.

EDIT: Thinking about it, maybe it's because the PS4 doesn't have select?

Offline water_ling

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 05:54:16 PM »
The initial customer reaction says.... bad port.  :'(
I don't wanna pay to be a beta-tester.

Offline Waters

• Forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »
Having played it for several hours I think there's some value in seeing how bad they managed to fuck up the input lag among other things. Capcom is such a bizarre company, you'd think they'd want to get this right to maybe expand the audience for SFV pretty sure the port in its current state does the opposite. I don't understand at all why they would need to rush this port I really don't think it'd hurt them much to have it come out a month or two later. I had pretty low expectations and they still managed to underwhelm it really is pretty impressive in its own way.

Offline Zola

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »
Yeah, it looks like it needs some serious work first. I'll wait til the dust settles a bit.

I'd love to rant on about Capcom, but it's so normal, it would be more surprising if they got it right.

Offline water_ling

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »
Is it the definitive version of uSF4 yet?  :o

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
I purchased it.
Played it yesterday after downloading a 450meg patch which must have come out in the last few days.

Trophies don't seem to carry over from ps3. Doesn't feel like the ps3 version did with its 720 up-scaling and its delayed input. (which is good)
It played ok but I did notice a few odd things. Nothing as bad as when USF4 first came out and the multiplayer went from games for windows to steam for matchups.

Just need to avoid the odd PS4 user who uses wireless.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 07:03:20 PM »
Also licensed PS3 fight sticks are supposed to work for it as well using Lab Zero’s drivers.

Taken from here.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/22/ultra-street-fighter-iv-hits-ps4-tuesday-new-enhancements-detailed/

Offline PKMN Catch Em All

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
I got it on PS4 because I'm not really playing anything on PS4.

Feels slower than PC, like I have to wait just a fraction longer before I try to link moves together. Supposedly thr input lag is fixed, so if it has been, then the PC version is too fast?

And the UI is really slow. Really slow to connect to a game, splash 'vs' screen really slow to load etc.

Bit of a shit purchase seeing I have bought SF4 from vanilla to Ultra in multiple platforms. But I guess for those who've never played it, it'd be good value.

Offline water_ling

• Forum regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
Is the PS4 version of SF4 patched to be the definitive version of SF4 yet?

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
Yes, SysteMassacre on PSN.
Play Balrog, E.Honda and Ken mostly.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »
Alright lads, I did a spontaneous purchase of MGSIV PS4 bundle as I was in North Sydney. Now I also ended up buying USFIV on it. Add me: maxsze90