Author Topic: SSFIV PC/Gentlemen's Platform - ALT+F4 for meter gaining taunts!  (Read 552251 times)

Offline oooOILooo

Re: SSFIV PC/Gentlemen's Platform - Post match feedback
« Reply #4635 on: November 13, 2012, 03:59:36 PM »
as clean as my monocle kind sir  :Kappa:

i've only got a monobrow....and it aint on my face.

at least i changed it to 'sax'.....

:o
Though not the best player, you're clearly a decent person.

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #4636 on: November 13, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »
Anyone with TPG as their ISP?

Not much to say.

.... but anus.

Offline Pope Tyler I

« Reply #4637 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »
TPG is for leaving your computer downloading shit all day, not for gaming.  They are cheap (and also inexpensive) but don't confuse that with value.
Requiem ęternam dona eis Domine / et lux perpetua luceat eis / Requiescant anima eius et animae omnium fidelium defunctorum per misericordiam dei requiescant in pace.
Akuma needs buffs. Netcode needs massive buffs.

« Reply #4638 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

Not much to say.

.... but anus.

I am using TPG. For me it is ok but definitely not the best for gaming. Speeds on all ISP's in Australia will depend on the quality of your phone cables, ethernet cable, your router and also depends on how far you are from the exchange tower so IMO there is not such thing as "Best ISP"

I am able to get green connection locally with Perth people and I can get a green connection with bcw85 who is from Melbourne so for me that is good enough

Offline Pope Tyler I

« Reply #4639 on: November 13, 2012, 08:45:26 PM »

Not much to say.

.... but anus.

I am using TPG. For me it is ok but definitely not the best for gaming. Speeds on all ISP's in Australia will depend on the quality of your phone cables, ethernet cable, your router and also depends on how far you are from the exchange tower so IMO there is not such thing as "Best ISP"

I am able to get green connection locally with Perth people and I can get a green connection with bcw85 who is from Melbourne so for me that is good enough

TPG's contention ratio is utter rubbish.  It always has been.  It's the easiest way to offer cheap prices.  Overselling is the key.  Nobody said anything about "best ISP."  In reference to your list of quality factors, contention ratio is very significant.
Requiem ęternam dona eis Domine / et lux perpetua luceat eis / Requiescant anima eius et animae omnium fidelium defunctorum per misericordiam dei requiescant in pace.

« Reply #4640 on: November 13, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
nope, TPG is easily the worst ISP for gaming

like pope said, they oversell all their lines, so it ends up being nothing to do with your home connection.

I ended up calling the telco ombadsmen on them to get out of my contract, went to iinet, difference was night and day using the same connection.
I perfected gamerbee........at marvel :D
Sword of the Word, Grand Marshall of the Army of God

« Reply #4641 on: November 13, 2012, 08:59:39 PM »
We all have different experience and opinions on ISP's. There's really nothing much to say

Offline maxsze90

« Reply #4642 on: November 13, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
I've been with them for nearly a year now, a year ago, it was absolutely trashy and stuffed up so bad but then it stabilized (after like a month) and all was dandy until now.

Now, they've reverted back to being ass..... FUUUUUUUU.

Took 5 refreshes to load this page... not just me, a Google search sees same thing from a whole bunch of peeps in the last 2 weeks lol.

TPG: 'Everything's fine, have you checked everything that has absolutely nothing to do with your end?'

Serves me right for being cheapskate. I applaud them for working well for a decent time... it's probably an onslaught of freshly finished HSC kiddies mass downloading... stuff. Makes a lot of sense.

Offline oooOILooo

« Reply #4643 on: November 13, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
I use S&2C - best I've ever had.

(String and two cans). Sorry - been a long day...
Though not the best player, you're clearly a decent person.

Offline Pope Tyler I

« Reply #4644 on: November 13, 2012, 09:41:54 PM »

Offline Cowie

« Reply #4645 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
I'm on TPG and you know my kara demons are on POINT !  :pogchamp: :pogchamp:
u just horrible max !

Seriously tho TPG is pretty average, defiantly nothing special for gaming. would agree with overselling.
Whats even worse is their routing outside of Australia. connection to the US is max fail .

200 MS to us.battle.net. how am i to keep up my GM status in SC?!?!
End your search, child! The "Ryu" that you knew no longer exists!

Offline steelz

« Reply #4646 on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:26 PM »
We all have different experience and opinions on ISP's. There's really nothing much to say

FinalBlast is master troll.

Offline bort

« Reply #4647 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »

FinalBlast is master troll.

it's because he projects a feeling of sincerity in what he says, as if he truly believes the garbage that sometimes comes out of his mouth. you could learn a lot from him!

edit: great top of page post imo :bort:
:bort:
sagat needs nerfs

Offline steelz

« Reply #4648 on: November 13, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
damn you bort i keep getting bottom of page posts but cannot deny the greatness of your post

« Reply #4649 on: November 13, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »
LOL SOJI IS FKEN KID , HE cry over a game srsly , the guy inbox me the whole time !! everytime i beat him lol , sad ..